Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I'm at the exact same point that motometal is and was getting ready to bolt it all up today. I'll put some sealant on the bolts before that! So glad this came up now and not next week!!! Those covers are a royal PITA to get to. Of course I'm going to check the CCT too.
  2. motometal

motometal i like motorcycles

Oddometer:
    A little sealant under the heads of the bolts only. You don't want to get any in the engine. Maybe this is obvious, just trying to help...

Did you take the head cover off too or wasn't that leaking on yours?

I'm hoping the dealer has the flywheel puller in stock...
  3. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Nope, I didn't take the head cover off. I did the valves last summer and the front valve cover was still leaking I noticed-not bad but annoying. At that time I had reused the gasket along with some sealant but on the way out a couple days ago, it almost appears that the sealant didn't completely cover the gasket like I had thought, regardless I accidentally ripped it so I decided to just use the sealant and went over the cover with a flat file.

Nope, not obvious to me as I would have put it all along the length of the screw. I hadn't thought of putting sealant up at the head of the bolt and will do that when I put it all back together tomorrow. Thanks!
  4. Malhusky

Malhusky malhusky

Oddometer:
    any one know how to remove the oil can from the speedo display/reset ?
  5. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

2011 FE 570
    2003 ZX12R
    Life is good!
  7. Javo

Javo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone here asking for your knowledge and inputs my 08' 610 stared behaving wierd a few days ago it would turn off on its own when cold we tought my sparkplug was about to die so i got the replacement and was going to change it this weekend but yesterday she decided not to start again we changed the spark plug and no change at all escape smell like a lot of unburnt fuel sometimes she starts and then dies again after a couple minutes she is acting like a flooded 2 stroke, i have no idea where to start and here in CR ee have very few mechanics that know how to deal with Huskys (all of them in vacation right now)
  8. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have good spark?
  9. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My guess: Look under the seat - disconnect and pull the battery out. Look for a chaffing and shorting wire at the battery box. Common problem.
  10. motometal

Oddometer:
    I just used a thin layer of Yamabond on the inspection covers and it worked great, no gasket. I think there is enough extra clearance to skip the gasket. If you ever have the water pump cover off...I suggest using a gasket there (lightly coated with Yamabond or your favorite sealant) as I have heard the tolerance is close enough it's possible for the rotor to contact the housing if you leave the gasket out.
  11. motometal

Oddometer:
    What is the ambient temp? How long have you had the bike?
  12. Javo

Javo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Already checked basic electric system and checked the battery tray as mentioned, no obvious problems and it doesn't really behaves as an electrical failure, ambient temp is at around 64 F - 66 F, and yep i'm getting good spark, bike has been with me for almost a year it was kinda abandoned before by the previous owner, i'm running a grade 7 sparkplug instead of the original grade 8 due to 2 reasons it seems to work better for me and i can't find the CPR8E# here in CR.
    I will be taking the injector out and have it inspected and the ultrasound treatment if it doesn't work my last option would be wait a couple weeks till my dealer comes back from vacations and have them do the work and probably pay more than i would like to but well what the hell as long as she runs as she should again.

(Doing the injector thing as it is behaving mostly as an over jetted/flooded 2-stroke, so that's just me hoping there is no need for new ECU.)
  13. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    Hey fellas just picked up this beautiful 2009 TE 610 and need some assistance...

[​IMG]

I'm trying to set up the suspension for my weight...280/prolly 300 with gear on. I've already got the rear spring sorted with a Racetech 6kg unit, but for the life of me can't find any springs for the 'Zokes forks.

Anyone have a resource?

Thanks in advance, super-stoked to get back in the dirt again! :freaky
  14. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Try Konflict in the vendor section, they're the only ones that have been able to source me custom wound springs. Everybody else looks in the catalog and says no.

Congrats on the bike!!
  15. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate. I've been able to use the upper end (spring rate wise) of RaceTech springs stock offerings, but I've literally not been able to find any aftermarket fork springs for this bike.
  16. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    PS where's the Vendor section? I looked but cannot find. :eek1
  17. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
  18. Dudsamoto

Dudsamoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ty Davis at Zip ty racing is a wiz with the Marzzochi forks. He set mine up perfectly. The stock springs are pretty heavy, I'm like 260 without gear, and if I remember, he used the stock springs and did a revalve.
  19. motometal

Oddometer:
    Have you tried Halls Cycles in Springfield, IL? I'd be surprised if they couldn't either sell you the right springs or point you in the right direction...
  20. Huskyfatman

Huskyfatman Stinky Wizzleteats

Oddometer:
    Seems like most guys complain about these 610's being too stiff and go with softer springs. I weigh about 275 and find the stock springs to be pretty good. I had a 2000 off road 610 with 45mm Zokes and they were WAY under sprung for me compared to the 2008 and had RG3 respring and valve them back in the day.

Ty Davis and LTR seem to be the go to guys for the Zoke/Sachs equipped Huskys nowadays by most the feedback I've read over at CafeHusky. LTR has a fix for the common fading issue on the Sachs shock. The '08 and '09 models kinda need compression adjusters put in the forks as well.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/services/

http://www.lt-racing.com/html/sachs_upgrades.html