Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    :photog:oscar:jack Not right at so many levels.:lol3

On a side note, I can't believe the mower deck is already on the tractor because I had to start mowing the yard.
  2. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

Let's just say there weren't as many as there are now :cry
  3. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    That's a cool old bridge. We went across it a bunch of times before they welded guardrails across the ends. I'm sad to see those go... they pulled down the old 40 bridge across the Ohio River iin Bridgeport sometime recently, too. It was up last year, I made it a tag; and last week I saw it was gone. Still waiting for the SR715 bridge to get torn down.

Indypup? They must have some kind of video 69 thing going on where they watch each others...
  4. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know its early but anyone planning on riding this weekend. Got the 450 plated today and the 690 has been squirrelly in the dirt so set the sag and suspension to factory settings and need to get them out for a ride. Finally done wrenching until the next round of repairs.
  5. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    And I tagged it pre-smart phone.:D

[​IMG]
  6. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Enduro, Tar hollow area. This Sunday. Start on Kelly road just south of RT50. 75-80 miles.
  7. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Free stuff!

I want this crap out of my house. Now.

Call dibs on the item in this thread, and then PM me for details.

Two items are available, preferably picked up in or around the Marietta or Athens area, or maybe I can meet you somewhere. If you could find it in your heart to make a $5+ donation to advrider/baldy for the site in return for your free* stuff, that would be nice too.

Here's what's available:

Poorly photographed Top Box

[​IMG]

Upgrade your KLR and replace it's milk crate with this free top box. Includes one key and all of the mounting stuff. (Might be missing a bolt or something, yours to figure out.) The latch to remove it from the mounting plate is picky sometimes, maybe if you show it a good time and spray it down with some white silicone grease, it will release itself to you much more freely. Or not, whatever.

If no one takes this within a week, I'm strapping it onto the back of the first KLR I see. Unfortunately for Half_Price_Beemer, his is the only one I ever see running around Athens. Somebody take this, so Matt doesn't find it strapped to the back of his bike next week. :1drink

Next up, a yellow coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bumblebee flavored black/yellow Joe Rocket Ballistic textile riding jacket, size XXL. The arms are a bit shorter than I prefer, but maybe you have T-Rex arms and can use this.

Only crashed once, but that left it with a nice patina and a few pretty light dirt stains that could probably be removed by a professional type of person who does these things for a living :dunno

Honestly, this thing is in great shape. No real cuts/rips tears to speak of, just the dirt stains from when I was attacked by ninja deer on my V-Strom. This is a really nice jacket that was given to me for free, and I'd like to pass it along.

That's all for now. If you take this stuff and don't like it, please pass it along to someone else for free and pay it forward.

Thanks! :beer
  8. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    DIBS on the jacket

dibs retracted

jacket is fair game
  9. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Now you can't sell if on fleebay! ;) I figured Luke needs a topbox on his KLR. ;)
  10. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Luke promised me some cash If I kept clicking on his videos. :( Haven't seen a dime yet. :ddog
  11. dox

Oddometer:
    Somehow I knew this would happen after keeping an eye on the good-karma free gear thread. :fitz

Are you really a XXL? Be aware that this jacket fits me decently and I'm a pretty big dude. Also, I'll need to verify your T-Rex arm length :D
  12. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    so, I had an eventful day....worked from 6am to 2pm and it sucked...came home and had a 45 minute nap, then hit the road around 4pm...rolled out past Malt/McConnelsville to the Big Muskie then turned left up rt 284 (FUN road, even with all the shit/sticks/gravel all over it) and got the latest Farnsy Tag...then I rolled the rest of the way up 284 to 146 which took me into Z'ville where I picked up I-70 and super-slabbed it (avg of 80 mph) into Cbus to arrive at Dirty Franks Hot Dogs by 715.

175 miles all told by the time I got home..give or take a couple.

oh and here's the video of my ride in the TH area on saturday:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bfudvuZjEbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2.5 hours of video edited down to 15 minutes of dirt. about 1 minute in, the camera clip comes halfway off my goggle strap as I executed an unintentional snap turned to the right and almost went over the bars...dont think I'll use that method anymore (the turn or the camera mount :lol3)
  13. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    You don't look like a big dude in your avatar. :lol3
  14. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

if it doesnt fit me, I know at least 2 guys it will...neither of which have a good textile jacket...I do have short arms though
  15. dox

Oddometer:
    OK, but I would rather it be directly used by someone who frequents this thread. If it doesn't fit, I'd prefer it be re-posted here and given a chance to be used by a fellow Ohio ADV'er. That was the point of posting it here.
  16. dox

Oddometer:
    I've put on a little weight since I gave up the hookers & blow. :choppa
  17. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

What size do you normally wear?
  18. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

my Honda jacket that you've all seen is an XL and I've put on 10-15 lbs since it was new...I'm fully willing to admit that this one might be too big for me...but then again maybe its not...I dig the colors and wanna try it on for size

further discussion with Dox via pm suggests that this is too big for me...might fit buildit or BigOhio though

I retract my dibs
  19. dox

Oddometer:
    Fair enough, thanks :thumb

Jacket and Top Box still available.
  20. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Maybe whitey can use it. At the moment I have four jackets. As for the top box, Mark told me they make you gay, so I'l pass. :lol3

Indy Puppy, I told you if you do that on your video you'd get money. Click on my video I get money. Understand? :deal :D