AZ-searching for Rim Country ST

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by fuggy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    ST-singletrack! We got great singletrack trails in this state except around Payson and on the Mogollon Rim! Am I missing any good singletrack for motos in this area? I've explored all of Payson and parts of the Rim from Strawberry to Heber. The good stuff is all quaded out or in Wilderness. :(: Payrt of the problem is the huge amounts of Rhinos/Quads users in this area trying to explore every path. The other part of the problem is nobody has made any good stuff that will stop the wider vehicles! Payson area needs some ST in a bad way.

Anyone working on anything?

Anybody know of good ST I might be missing in the area?

I'm ready to cut some trail that flows, tight enough to keep quads out, and isn't illegal. :wink:
  2. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Try getting a hold of Mil T he lives up there if you don't already know him. Great resource.
  3. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    Uncle Milt knows every goat track within 100 miles of Payson. He is MilT on the board.

Please don't cut any more trails. We have enough trouble with access as it is. There are plenty of already existing trails to ride.

-dod
  4. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    PLUS one! PLEASE DON'T CUT ANYMORE TRAILS

Hate to see a division between the super quads & the MC riders but it is happening here is FL. Those monster four tires are really eating up the out doors.

I ride AZ & NM a couple times a year. Truly some of the best riding in our country.:clap
  5. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have quite a bit of ST in the mountains near Abq NM. When we clear trails of downed trees in the spring, we make sure the width of the cut is only wide enough for bikes. Seems like the ATV crowd does not have the will or technology to reclear the trails.
  6. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    Are you kidding me? Payson area has too much access. We need to close off some trails and limit the widths and areas motor vehicles are allowed to ride. Payson is a free-for-all...go anywhere you want in your Rhino/Quad/Golf Cart. :lol3

I'm not looking to cut 'new' trails, but open existing routes that may have been forgotten or grown-over. Plenty of 'cowboy singletrack' still out there....not that you flatlanders would appreciate it anyway. Stay on the graded roads and enjoy your ride. :gerg
  7. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah we have some of the best riding in the area. How do you think that happened? Did the trails make themselves? And now that urban sprawl has wiped out many of the good trails.....should we stop making new ones for you to come ride?
  8. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    WOW, this is a cocky statment. I just hope cupcake on his dr350 can back it up?

Edit; +3 PLEASE DON'T CUT ANYMORE TRAILS!
  9. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:

Why don't you eat a cupcake and calm down. No reason to YELL. You don't see me getting all upset cause you larger riders wtih big bikes are cutting deaper ruts into the existing trails, causing further errosion damage and littering the trails with plastic parts after you try to squeeze through. :lurk

There is existing trails in the area that can be uncovered and cut-back to make rideable. The Manzanita and Cat Claw bushes in the area are fierce! Yes, trails need to be cut and maintained now and again. Trees actually fall in the forest. Sections of trail get washed away from rain. Arteries eventually clog and need to be re-opened.
  10. Bronco Driver

Bronco Driver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fuggy --- You are correct,there are plenty of unused single tracks out there.
    You are also incorrect-----Larger riders on larger bikes require less throttle to navigate the same terrain as a smaller rider on a "smaller " bike.Less weight less traction.
    Also,does anyone consider a 300 lb DRZ 400 a "small bike"?
  11. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    i'm a somewhat light rider on a 650. does that make me equal in the erosion equasion? :rofl
  12. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As one of the few Rim Country riders that saver and protect our riding area and keep the good trails to our selves in stead of advertising it for the quadtards, I would have shared with you where the ST is around Payson and up on the rim and down by Gisela and over by Young and etc. etc. etc. but for you sir with that fucking attitude go piss up a rope. :flip

My friends enjoy epic rides when they come up here to ride.:ricky

Size of bikes is all relative. When your my size a 650 is small and a 530 is a mini bike.

Fuggy, you sound like you have some anger issues or PTSD. Did you get :viking in your child hood or something.
    You need to :stfu and take a 357 Tylenol and quiet being a Richard Cranium.
    We don't need fucktards like you up here.

Mil T
  13. KTMSER

KTMSER Big bike friendly

Oddometer:
    Mil, Well played sir......:devildog
  14. Reidy008

Oddometer:
    Well I certainly didn't expect this to go the way it has when I told this guy to look you up Mil. I do have to say I love the responses and seems like you guys have the situation well in hand. Look forward to seeing you guys out on a trail soon. :D

Big E I love ya no matter if your on your big bike or small bike, I will have the Trophy ready shortly to pass on. :evil
  15. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reidy,
    You better hurry with the trophy, It's falling behind. I hear that Buddy needs it now also after Big E.
    I think we need to add a go-cart on the trophy from what I understand. What say you Buddy.
    Mil T
  16. Reidy008

Oddometer:
    Buddy is getting it back again? I had not heard anyhting. Anyone got an update for us on this?
  17. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    Last I heard it wasn't a moto accident. I think Buddy has a nice array of trophies showcased in his living room.

:hide :lol3

I thought about contacting you, Mil, about 2 weekends ago when Sonoran and I went up there for some trail riding but it was rather short notice. Next time. <label for="rb_iconid_24">[​IMG]</label>
  18. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:

It was powered by a motorcycle motor was not equipped with seat belts. Does that count?

I wish the trophy would stay in one place for awhile.

-dod
  19. Road Hog

Road Hog anger management

Oddometer:
    i sure am glad i logged in this month :pot angry people need friends to :rofl there is a nice hiking trail on the 300 that drops off the rim. fortunately there are boys camps a hop, skip and jump in any direction. just incase some riders need to work out some issues before the ride :viking don't forget it didn't happen unless we see pics :huh...of the trail! :puke1
  20. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We may have still been on our trip back to the mid west. We got home on the Sat of Independence day weekend.
    Your always welcome to check in with me when you come up. I'm usually hanging out up here and your always welcome to stop in and/or stage out of here if your trailering up.
    Mil T