Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I see the problem, Germans are assholes.
  2. GailCallsMeKarl

GailCallsMeKarl Squirrel w/ no nuts Supporter

Oddometer:

:rofl
  3. Benly

Benly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I was able to work some deals to sell my vintage Honda’s and the KLR towards a new bike. Sorry Buildit, looks like I will not be buying your YZ. Thanks for the info you sent me and good luck finding a home for it. I didn’t really plan on buying something new but sometimes things just come together in such a way that it makes justifying buying something shiny & new feasible, or at least close enough for me to rationalize it is feasible. My decision to buy new was definetly swayed when the dealership let me take a couple of the bikes out for test rides.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    It’s been a little over 3 weeks since my “mishap” on the KLR and I saw the ortho today. He said my separated shoulder was recovering well ahead of schedule so as long as I can get out of work by 6:30 PM today my plan is to get down to the dealership to sign the paperwork and ride home on a new WR250R. Hardest part now will be to resist taking the bike off road until my shoulder heals some more. <o:p></o:p>
  4. blackdiamondmike

blackdiamondmike Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Congrats on the new wrr. :clap My KLR gets little off-road use since I got my WRR three years ago. -Mike
  5. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    How many WRRs is that in ADV OH now?

Me, Mike, Z@ch (techically still qualifies), Alan, armyjoe, benly, blackdiamondmike, indypup.... :ear
  6. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:

Now, how many WRR owners used to own or still own KLRs?
  7. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    WRR coolaid:bert

:lol3

Congrats Eric:clap
  8. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's delicious kool-aid though. If I find one for the right price I plan on unloading my KLX250 for one.
  9. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guilty of both :shog
    I foresee parting ways with the KLR, though. The WRR handled the road to Flint Ridge & back yesterday just fine. I think I'll probably gear it down a smidge. It goes faster in 5th than 6th, not enough power to pull the stock gearing at an indicated 86 mph.
    BTW, rear tire recommendation? It has a 25% left T63 now, I haven't had it in anything slick yet, though. I have 244s on the KLR & think something a little rougher is fine for the WRR.
  10. buildit

Oddometer:
    Well, having ridden a few now I know it's not the right bike for me. Besides I have the 950 SE. What more could I want? :lol3
  11. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    Does this one need some body work too? :ear
  12. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Who needs orange... :evil

[​IMG]
  13. buildit

Oddometer:
    People over 6ft and 150 lbs I guess. :lol3 But it's okay, you wouldn't like the 950. Your feet wouldn't reach the ground until you fell over.:rofl
  14. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I dunno... [​IMG] Yeah, you'll be changing more oil and checking valves...but I'd bet the pee-pee tingle you get when you're on the dirt just might make it worth it. 26lbs lighter, and double the HP to the ground and way better brakes and sproingers. Of course, you'll be writing a lot bigger check.
  15. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Those WRR's are sweet till an orange flash goes by them.....
  16. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Or mebbe something in between?

[​IMG]

Slap a plate on, bulletproof motor, EFI, a little lighter than the WRR and lots more balls.

:wink:
  17. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does it really matter when most of us can get embarrassed by a better rider on a lesser bike?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/70jokjTaGT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and you'll really like this one starting around 2:30
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KlsecglqF5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and you can see my bike with its previous owner waiting on his nephew at 2:45

Then there's the knowledge that our modern bikes are capable of so much more than we ever will be.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dcxkR5y68d4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or that you might still have to work to hang with a guy twice your age

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OOwEWl2Br_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  18. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

says the guy who wants to sell his WR250R and get a KTM 350...
  19. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Shhh be quiet...no one ever remembers anything said on this thread...lol

Here's me passing that KTM 350 XCF-W that I want. :D

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/diau7zhUyjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  20. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm sure Brad Pitt could land a way hotter chick than I can, but I still want the hottest one I can get.

For my own pleasure, when I'm riding it, it matters. Girl or bike.

Oh, and cost/maintenance matters too. Girl or bike.

:lol3