Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know Jack Wild, tell me more.
    I was thinking about the streetmaster kit witch use the subframe as an oil cooler
    http://www.streetmaster.net/oil-cooler.html
  2. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
  3. duckman

duckman co conspirator

Oddometer:
    great helmet, who makes it?
  4. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    We have plenty of dust !!!

Terry
  5. Skidmarksg

Skidmarksg n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry my Brain Fart it should have read Jack Pine.
    http://www.bikeexif.com/triumph-t100
    A quote fronm the article "Thanks to all for the insightful comments. The oil cooler was the crux of this build. Initially I was committed to a minimal cooler using a Spurgin heat exchanger but could not achieve the lean effect I wanted. My brother’s encouragement (at times dangerous but always fun) pushed me to do the final build without it. Before I pulled the trigger, I talked with Bill Himmelsbach (http://www.eurosports.net/staf... about his scrambler builds. Bill knows these bikes inside and out and assured me that the oil cooler loop is independent from the lubrication circuit and that capping the feed does not stress the pump. He runs a big bore kit and mild cams without a cooler. After 3000 miles (including a track day and a flogging by the moto journalist Alan Cathcart), Bill disassembled the engine and saw no unusual wear. Furthermore, Bill said there was no color change around the piston wrist pin, an area that turns a telltale gold tint with overheating. That said, I offer the Spurgin cooler set-up as a no cost option. I do not run one on the development mule, but plan to install it when the bike is prepared for my Delhi to Leh-Ladakh ride next spring. Feel free to email directly with additional questions at james@hammarhead.com ."

I have been using Bill Gately's oil coolers for a couple of years with out incident. http://www.bonnevilleperformance.com/.

No connection with any of these suppliers other than a customer of Bill Gately
    YMMV
    Skiddy
  6. Scaredofthedirt

Scaredofthedirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Vic,

Buy one of each! Works very well for me :clap

As much as I lurve the Mighty Scrambler if I could only have one, it would be the Tiger for all the reasons you list.
  7. Sam il Cinghio

Sam il Cinghio dirty noob

Oddometer:
    Ciao Vic,
    I had a Tiger 800 too, bought when my Scrambler was "on working", sold when finally the Scrambler was "ready to rumble".

Tiger it's REALLY a GREAT BIKE, but without soul (IMHO)... Scrambler it's... it's....... Scrambler it's MY BIKE, "il mio ferro" ;)
    I sold the Tiger one year ago, and I don't regret anything! :-)

Now I'm ready to start for the Turkey: I wouldn't use any bike than my old Scrambler ;)
  8. icedmocha

icedmocha Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick, and simple question: what year, if at all, did the scramblers switch to fuel injection? I'm considering picking a used one up shortly, and would prefer fi (I think?). Thanks.
  9. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    2008 in Europe. 2009 in the USA.
    I had a 2008 EFI. IMO the EFI is more easily tuned by flashing a new/different tune into the ECU using Tuneecu. There will always be different opinions, of course, but Carbs are really "last century" tech.
  10. bighead3

bighead3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope someone with a triumph tank bag for the scrambler can help me out. I bought a used one and it did not have any directions for attaching to the bike. I did a search but have not been able to find anything. Could be my search skills. Can someone show or send a picture or diagram showing how it is attached?
  11. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The joy continues...

[​IMG]
  12. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    If you have the part number, punch it in here...
    http://www.triumphinstructions.com/
    ...and you'll probably get the original instruction sheet for it.

From Triumph's 2008 accessories brochure... Scrambler (+ Thruxton + Bonneville): Tank Bag A9510006

[Later]- Dagnabbit! Sorry - just tried that number there and it doesn't come up.
  13. bighead3

bighead3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I tried that. It says "No parts found"
  14. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Karoo 150 fits fine Had one on my Scram for my easter ride only lasted 1800 klms and worn out. In total 1200klms of dirt and 600 tar
  15. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got some crimsafe mesh very fine holes stops mud an rocks hitting the oil cooler it's stainless steel powder coated black works well and you barely notice it on the bike
  16. llubi

llubi n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank's!
  17. bighead3

bighead3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where did you get that crimsafe mesh? I found their site but no way to find a distributor around NC.
  18. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:

Nice photo, but are you sure attaching the straps to the turn signals is the best idea?
    Lyle
  19. hbmichael

hbmichael Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dig my 2013 Scrambler. De-baffled the stock cans, K&N filter and a Triumph off road exhaust down load from the dealer. Runs bitchin but the front forks are ROUGH! Ive heard of some cheap mods by Black Tiger. Anyone care to elaborate a bit or possibly share your mods? Im on a budget so dont want to spend a fortune on USD or such. Just smooth it out a bit....
  20. Aeon

Aeon n00b

Oddometer:
    I went with Racetech Emulator cartridges up front and am pleased with them.