Trans-Florida GS Rally March 9 -10, 2013

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by kaosrider, Feb 7, 2013.

1. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    Now in Carterville, IL for long haul... or snow.
    The lady at the camp ground said, "You DO know that this is BIKE week, right?" :rofl
  2. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Just stay at colemanfu's. Dude's got a 4Runner that'll sleep 4 easy :D
  3. dirtybike

dirtybike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning toward mounting the TKC80's even though I'll be doing 2200 miles of Interstate highway round trip, plus what ever miles I do while I'm in Florida. I go to Daytona Bike Week for a combination of warm weather riding, Daytona 200 & Superbike, and half a day at Main Street. If I have time I normally head south for a few days rather than stay in the "biker" areas.
    I have not ridden TKC-80's yet, only Tourance and Heidenau K60's. I have a set of TKC-80's in my garage. From what I've read, they wear pretty quickly compared to what I've been using.
    I'm thinking that taking this ride on TKC80's is worth wearing out a pair of tires. Now if I can rearrange my vacation to add a couple of travel days on the front end...
    Thanks again.
  4. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    After 2 days of bending at work sorting scrap my ribs are giving me fits and today the ankle is hurting as bad as the the day of the biff.
    Unproven new to me bike and questionable state of my injuries I've decided I'm out. Going to hang out close to the Scrub.
    Enjoy the ride, maybe next time.:freaky
  5. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

No possible improvement in 19 days! :scratch

Here kitty, kiitty! :lol3
  6. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The first page has been updated with the "IN" list. If I counted you and you are not sure, no worries. If you think you are going to join us please post up or send me a PM so we can have enough supplies and such.. I will try and add as we go so all will have an idea of folks they can join in with for camping or rooms or whatever :evil :rofl. Thanks
  7. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    in
  8. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    You could run a Tourance on the back and TKC on the front, I do it, works fine. They'll wear out about the same time, 7-9k, maybe further. Some guys are running a Hiedenau on the rear and TKC on front, having good results. Last summer a buddy rode with that setup from Eastern Pa. to central Colorado and back and did a fair amount of offfroad while there with a 12GS, could put you in contact with him if you want.

The other thing is there's just a few places on this ride you'll want the extra traction and there'll be bypass's for the worst of it, most of the offroad are dirt roads. If it were me I'd run the longer lasting ones and maybe air down a little for the days of the ride.
  9. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    :fyyff
    I'll reconsider if you will do it on the ernge 450
  10. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

I can use the 450 but why if the XRR or Vee is available. :D
  11. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumperâ„¢

Oddometer:
    "yes ma'am and from your pricing structure, so do you."
  12. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    PAIN!!!
    Show us u r a MAN. You'er calling me a pussy for bowing out riding injured on a KTM 400.
    400 miles in 2 days... lets see you do it on a paint shaker with a 2x4 for a seat..
  13. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

Easy kitty kat!

I don't have anything to prove. I get sand in my mangina every once in a while too! :lol3

I'm sure a sheep skin can do wonders for that KTM 400 seat. :deal

I have one that might fit.
  14. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Meh, You're all weak :ricky

[​IMG]

:pot
  15. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    :clap

:bow
  16. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    Musta been taken a few miles from home. With the 50 mile fuel range give or take
  17. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    Will there be nails on the road?

[​IMG]
    :norton
  18. kurtzinpa

kurtzinpa KurtzInPA

Oddometer:
    OK, so I am expanding my BIKE WEEK TENT CITY MOTEL program to open on the 8th of March.

Rather than drive 90 miles to a 200 mile cruise I booked my KOA campsite from Friday thru bike week and back again...

This is the KOA on NOVA Rd, I need a bunch of partners to help cover the cost. Just think... you can wake Saturday with a short drive to the starting point and then stager back to the campsite Sunday and leave in time for work on Monday! See how easy that is?

If you want to be there for all of bike week that's great. I have two guys partnering on the last Thursday and Friday nights already. If you keep your hands to yourself you can share my tent.

Visa/MC/DISC accepted. we do PayPal also.

The campsite has water and elect. I will have wifi there.:clap
  19. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    I was waiting for that.:freaky
    The 400's rear sprocket should make it.:deal

Guess that's it. After having to kiss Brewman's Butt for my fail last time I'm sensitive to being called Kitty. JA also called a pussy on the phone yesterday when I called him about a job over here. YFF's are out to see me crippled.:lol3
    Thankfully I have TRUE friends that are telling me to stay close to the scrub:fitz
  20. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The front page has been updated with some more details regarding places to stay. We also have the targeted starting and finishing areas. We have been working the route sheets and everything looks to be coming along nicely. :freaky

The plan is to meet at the starting area along A1A at 8:00 ish to hand out the route sheets and get the folks registered in the different classes for the "Big Game".
    If you are coming with trailers, the best place to park and leave them is likely the Publix shopping center at I-95 and S. Old Dixie Hwy exit (eastside of 95). Then ride your bike to the starting area at the beach, which is just a few miles from there.

The riders meeting will be at 8:30am with everyone to start shortly there after.

This weekend we will be trying to line up Party central in Cedar Key :evil I will try and take some new pictures.:wink: