Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. NobeyamaGP

NobeyamaGP Nerdy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I see them quite a bit on the way home too. Usually they are standing in a field on the side of the road, or when they see me coming they calmly continue crossing the road. This one was fairly young though. Not a fawn, but I'd say the bike was bigger than it was by a good margin. I noticed it too late and the fog and wet roads that night didn't do me any favors either. I'm just glad things turned out for the better on my end.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  2. Mr.Dabalina

Mr.Dabalina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oosh. Glad your okay. Obviously luck and your your gear did do something to help. Any of your gear you wish did better? Anything did better than expected? You slide much? How fast you moving? Not trying to interrogate, just trying to gain some knowledge?
  3. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    anybody riding now: Friday after 5pm?
    Or any rides in AM SAT 6/7?
    ready , the weather is perfect
  4. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:
    Note to self: Stay away from tigers. That is 2 down recently. Glad no serious injuries.

Maybe a couple stitches out but those tetons look great for sliding. It's a shame they stopped making them.
  5. opjocephus

opjocephus Dick Tree

Oddometer:
    Leaving Sunday for the Smokies. On my Tiger. Everybody knock on wood.
    Gonna be cruising around Southern Indiana for a couple of days first. Wave if you see me. White
    Tiger with Yellow Nolan.
  6. Oatmeal Bonewell

Oatmeal Bonewell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nobey, glad you are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Oatmeal Bonewell

Oatmeal Bonewell Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Knocking wood for you.

We may have a new phrase, like break a leg... Crash a tiger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may run down to kentucky through madison tomorrow afternoon.
  9. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Those are Rocky Mountains.
  10. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:
    Makes sense since it's a bigger bike.:doh
  11. opjocephus

opjocephus Dick Tree

Oddometer:
    Madison to Frankfort is a fun road.:nod
  12. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    Is that what you been waiting for, June to get here before you ride?
  13. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:

Wasn't going that far south but thought about taking 36 or 56 on our side to bee this time. Or maybe going over to see what is left of marble hill.
  14. NobeyamaGP

Oddometer:
    Thanks. And yeah, my helmet, a cheap snell-rated HJC did fantastically. I slid a little ways face down, watching the asphalt scraping on the plastic visor and yet the whole time in the hospital I didn't even have a headache. Just proves to me you don't need a $500 helmet to have a good helmet.

My left elbow had a little road rash even with an armored jacket. Best I can figure, the pad shifted out of the way on impact. I did find a small hole worn through the fabric right next to the pad which is probably where my elbow met the pavement. I'll be look for a jacket with straps near the pads to help hold them in place better.

I wasn't wearing any riding pants, so the road rash on my knees is my own fault. A pair of good riding pants will be in my future at least for longer trips.

My boots were my everyday Wolverine carbon-toe work boots. They held up amazingly well. The leather wore through on the right toe, but only just exposed the carbon fiber.

I'm not too sure how far I slid, but I was on the brakes trying to lose some speed when I hit the deer. If I had to guess, I was probably going at least 40 mph at the time of impact.
  15. NobeyamaGP

Oddometer:
    Good luck! I went through the Smokies last fall on the Tiger. It was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. And no Tiger problems there. That came later when I roasted my clutch trying to get out of a Florida mud hole.
  16. NobeyamaGP

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'm recovering well. Already shopping for new helmet/gear. At least once the insurance comes through.
  17. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys heard about the Skully AR-1 helmet coming out next year? Google it if you haven't...pretty cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
  18. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:

I doubt that will be cheap but looks kick ass. Seems like a all in one solution for what many riders would want. With the heads up in the visor it would get rid of glare problems. I talk to myself and yell at others too much to have voice commands.
  19. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    I read estimated price between $1000-$2000...which isn't terrible considering what you get. Hell I'd pay it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
  20. rustycager

rustycager Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like basically a hacked up android phone and a projector on a little lens. I'm not seeing much on capabilities doing a quick search.
    You can add better bluetooth to nuvi's even with some mods for about $20. Toss in some speakers ,mic or ear buds and you get that all in your helmet for about $50.
    Show me quality digital nv or thermal then I'll be impressed. I'd see the asking price.

I haven't worn any high end helmets but in a trekker voice would sound like wind.