"Boojums New Old School Bike"

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Boojum, Jan 30, 2008.

1. cbeene

cbeene Beener

Oddometer:
    Hey Boojum,

That's one nice bike!!!! It looks like a a Honda accord engine on a frame.

Hope to see ya in Meadows of the Dan.

BTW the PD is running smooooooth and I get a lot of looks.
  2. hogmolly

hogmolly Dude

Oddometer:
    I had the exact model/paint bike as my only transportation in college. Rode the piss out of it.
  3. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Someone used to live near me a few years ago with one and it had a 6 into 1 exhaust. DAM it sounded sweet one a sunday afternoon
  4. Troutrider

Troutrider Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I said it in '79 when it arrived in my mailbox on the cover of "Cycle" and I'll say it again......That's the sexiest motorcycle I've ever seen. After walking around it several times I was stricken with the same feeling I had so many years ago. Not only that insane motor but the flowing bodywork. Yessir, that is one seriously sexy bike! Peter Egan said it best when he waxed eloquent on the virtues of "garage beauty". Being able to sit in a rolly chair with a beer in hand and work your way around a bike and not finding anything offensive or out of place. Just all-round goodness. Such is the C-Bex!:evil Good on ya, Boojum, for rescuing it from the depths of dust collection. Now someone needs to go and save the other one that's left behind. Oops! I let the cat out.....:deal

Troutrider
  5. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Congrats Ken.:clap You WILL be riding your new steed to The Compound tomorrow night, wontcha?:ear
  6. jtwind

jtwind Wisconsin Airhead

Oddometer:
    What they said. Just doesn't seem right somehow.
  7. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Booj, You may want to read this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306563 about bike addicts. Just sayin'

Me? I'm fine. I've never been over five at one time. No fair counting spare wheels or crankcases or tanks for any of those five, though. Just sayin'. What's that? Yeah, some parts are in what used to be bedrooms. So???
  8. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike Booj! I'll never forget a friend of mine passing me at 80 plus mph on the back wheel while standing on the seat :thumb
  9. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind comments, and the calls of stupidity. I like many bikes, and the CBX has always been a Fantasy of mine. Every since the TV station came down to the Honda Shop and filmed the first CBX in town, and a 6 Cylinder on a motorcycle :eek1 that was a merorable moment watching one of the owners sons, legs stretched out, throttle pinned while rubber was burning! Gosh, that was great!:freaky
    I liked the PD very much! It was a Great Bike, however I'm not rich enough to own 5-10 motorcycles, so they must rotate...........to a degree.
    and YES! I still have the R90! It's tucked in for a snooze in the garage.:lol3 :wink:

Boojum!
  10. pinecone

pinecone 任意人

Oddometer:
    Congrats on getting the X.

Only wisdom I can impart, having owned few a old 4cyl DOHC Hondas, is the charging systems are kinda weak. Don't be too surprised if you have to buy generator rotor and/or stator. Also keep the carbs clean. It can be a major PIA to unclog and re-synch 6 carbs.

I'm sure y'all will have a long and happy life together.:clap
  11. kbasa

kbasa big big energy

Oddometer:
    I am hugely envious.
  12. OldBMWMaster

OldBMWMaster Banned

Oddometer:
    You know you can't handle all those ponys....lol