Aussie 950/990 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OZyankee, Jan 5, 2005.

1. choccoloco

choccoloco Cabin Fever....

Oddometer:
    Hi Johnnie

From what I've read & been told, 2009 and above have been sorted. However, as a 990 owner told me at work who had the problem with his 2008, installing throttle cams rectifies the problem. A big thing in OC is to remap, but for me if mine does it after I receive it this Saturday, I'll be doing the cams route.

BTW not all pre 2009 had the jerky problem either.

Again, this is only what I've read & have been told....

hope this helps, now hurry up and buy.....

Michael
  2. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Remove the secondary butterflies.
  3. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ive been running the shorai for quiet a while now and can say that its ability to turn the motor over is impressive. Very quick cycling so it starts almost instantaneously.
    Not to mention that its almost 1/3rd of the weight of the OEM. I paid under $200 for mine delivered to my door. worth the $$$ considering what a cheap or OEM replacement is worth.
  4. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will see how my adjustments go, if I ever get the bike back together:D

5. boulder

boulder jersey boy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well the time has finally come and we fly up to Dalby on Monday to pic up our new 990r's from Craig Hartley who has worked his magic on them for us. We will travel back to Sydney via Alice, Finke, Simpson,Birdsville, Gammon ranges, Mildura. Visiting some mates along the way. Really looking forward to getting acquainted with the big girl and hope she is kind to me!! :ricky
  6. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Berowra eh...my home town, nice to know there's a nynydee there.:clap
  7. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    He was polite because he was scared. He was scared because he didn't know what he was doing or how to overcome the smallest of obstacles (creek crossing).

He wanted to big scary/tough/fearless motorbike riders to show him it could be done and hold his hand in case he couldn't do, on four wheels, what they did on two.

Totally deserving of the 'clown' moniker (even though it's been removed). I am the first in the hate line of "Americanism's" but he really needs to hand his man card in!

Reminds me of the Toyota ad "Nothing soft gets in".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/isC32ev4Lw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't want to sound harsh mate. But if a few scratches on a dirt bike ruin your day... maybe you need to look at another version of motorcycling? After all, you were doing with it what it was designed to do. Buy a new set of plastics if it bothers you that much. Put them in the back of the shed. Go and ride the arse of the bike and have a farking ball doing it! Go back to the same spot and ride up that hill. If you want to sell it or go cafe racing put the new set of plastics on. BINGO flash looking bike.
  9. Ranger Rob

Ranger Rob Out and about...

Oddometer:
    I tell ya, you guys can be a fuckin' tough audience! :huh

Yep, maybe the guy in the Land Rover was a little scared but did you ever stop to think that if he acted just like you talk (too cool and super tough) then a few things could have happened;
    • He could have fucked his $60K vehicle
    • He could have been stranded there with his family
    • He could have endangered their lives by undertaking something that he wasn't confident in doing :deal
    So, as i have salvaged a shit load of vehicles driven by real "clowns" who's balls are bigger than their brains, and who's only priority is to try and look like a "man" in front of their mates (read "fuckwit friends), i request that you think for at least 10 seconds before bagging someone who at least was outdoors with his family as opposed to sitting at their keyboard trying to seem tough and cool.

:asshat
  10. Mr Pete

Mr Pete Dude

Oddometer:
    Split between Philip Island and Prahran, Victoria
    So far every time I've had a fall it's made me laugh and gives me a story to tell :D Now braking bones.. that'll spoil the mood :eek1
  11. digga1111

digga1111 bann ed

Oddometer:
    :roflhe coulda got out and walked it though, lasy bastard. or at least made the mrs walk it :rofl
  12. Shakey!

Shakey! Get a big black dog up ya!

Oddometer:
    HA +1 Rob!:clap

Say, I wonder if the guy in the Landrover had a high post count on the 4x4 forums..........:evil
  13. Ranger Rob

Oddometer:
    You are a funny bugga!! :roflShe might not have had enough life insurance to make it worth his while. :evil
  14. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    +1

I like to keep my bike as nice as possible but not at the expense of taking it anywhere I like.

But.... 3 weeks old.:cry You'll get over it.:D

I bought a new Prado in '03 within the first week I had it around Skytreck.:clap
  15. Ranger Rob

Oddometer:

Hehehe...

Shakey, my friend..... You must report to the Principal's office immediately. You are being very disrespectful to those who know EVERYTHING.
  16. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sort of agree with Rob, however...... That's a Disco 2 (or 3), it's worth 10k at best on a very good day.

But yeah I too have seen people drown their cars in crossings only 700 mm deep. When it doubles as a work car or daily driver it causes a lot of grief.

If It was me and a bike was happy to go first, I wouldn't argue.
  17. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    He was doing ALL of that by simply following a couple of blokes on bikes.

All he had to do was WALK the crossing. Then make an assessment of the conditions, his vehicle and his own personal ability. Mate there are clowns everywhere, even at the circus!

I should have been out in the bush at 6.26pm on a school night? Don't I just wish...

As for being tough... NO far from it. Cool? Are you for real? They're things I last discussed in the playground.

I voiced an opinion of something on the INTERNET. End of story.

I wasn't aware that it was a weeing competition... how high up the wall did you wee? Post counts don't mean ANYTHING on the internet or in the real world.
  18. Shakey!

Shakey! Get a big black dog up ya!

Oddometer:
    Exactly the point i was trying to make....:norton
  19. Ranger Rob

Oddometer:

Geez mate,

Didn't want to force you against a wall, just point out a different perspective on the actions.

Sorry that you feel the need to defend yourself against all and sundry.

For what it's worth, with just he and his family there, what would have happened if he DID walk the thing and it WAS too deep or strong and washed him away? Just sayin......

Anyway, ON WITH THE THREAD. No complete hijack intended!
  20. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    She looked sort of cute, A pity Hodgo didn't get a better shot of her..:wink: