The Official 2012 F1 Thread. Spoilers possible!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by shrineclown, Nov 27, 2011.

1. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:
    no penalty for Vettel, just a reprimand

Crash.net
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Only child?
  3. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
  4. opmike

opmike Choosing to be here.

Oddometer:
    We saw it the first time; this is a forum, not a chatroom. And those pictures are only gargantuan if you're using some 800x600 beige Packard-Bell dinosaur.
  5. g®eg

Oddometer:
    could be Big john looking for a new ride next year....
    translated by Google from AMuS

6. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    That was a huge yawn, unfortunately. Kimi Raikkonen made sure of that.

He single-handedly ensured that nobody but Vettel and his illegal wing could win. Kimi spun out on the last lap of Q3, making sure none of the fast cars could challenge Vettel's time. Then he took out Alonso at the start of the race. And for good measure, he forced Perez off the track on the restart.

A glorious day for loser Lotus, whose Roman Grosjean also wiped out Webber on the start.

I know how Kimi and Lotus could win a race. F1 should sponsor a demolition derby. They'd clean up. Nobody would stand a chance against that wrecking crew.

That was a pretty fine result for Massa. No idea if it will save his seat. But he's a likable guy, so it's a pleasure to see him deliver a good race.

Very happy for Sauber. I like that team and I like Peter Sauber, who seems like he's one of the good guys in F1. And of course, they carry the Chelsea logo, always a good luck charm. Well done, Kobayashi.

I think it's going to take Charlie Whiting a long time to come up with an effective test for a front wing that changes shape at speed. If I'm right, the season is over. Vettel and Red Bull have an unbeatable advantage.
  7. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    We?

Go fuck yourself.
  8. Ragin Rabbi

Ragin Rabbi Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Wow. What race were you watching? Perhaps fewer libations during the pre-race? Are you old enough to be so bitter?
  9. g®eg

Oddometer:
    he's just a sad & angry muppet.....

:lol3
  10. Rajin Cajun

Rajin Cajun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just don't get the hatred for Kimi? :dunno It was qualifying, some wrecked, he spun. Big deal, that's racing and if they wouldn't wait till the last second to cross the line and get a Hot lap in this conversation wouldn't even be happening. :freakyI personally think there are a few others on the grid that warrant more scrutiny than Kimi. Grosjean comes to mind :huh but I'm sure we could come up with a few others if we tried really hard. :lol3
  11. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't wait for the temper tantrums Hamilton is bound to throw next season. Not to mention the take out maneuvers he's going to employ when frustrated with the Benz. :rofl It'll make Sid look positively civilized.
  12. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. srad600

srad600 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice, I suppose self obsession is not a crime. :rofl

Grosean is definitely becoming a problem, but he's a fast problem...when he's not crashing. I foresee a short F1 career for him unless he sorts himself out.

So ,supposedly McLaren had the flexy wing first, then RBR copies their design and spanks them with it...uggh. The rest of the year would be such a snooze fest with Vettel winning each race by 20+ seconds. Hopefully everyone will catch up by the next race....in like 5 days...:hide
  14. ramz

ramz Professional Trail Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    This might work:

At the start of the race, everyone behind Vettel pull to the side and let Grosjean through unimpeded. When he takes Vettel out, we'll have a race fit to watch. Smug V and crashy-jean both out will do just fine for me. :lol3
  15. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see people on the forums talking about the flexi wing, but why haven't the commentators said anything the last two races?
  16. g®eg

Oddometer:
    here comes Korea!!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EjqNm_nKeCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rofl
  17. g®eg

Oddometer:
  18. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I watched the BBC airing of Singapore and Sky airing of Suzuka, didn't hear from either.
  19. Ragin Rabbi

Ragin Rabbi Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Shhh...

And having seen the Grosjean vs. Whiney Webber, I don't see how Webber is placing (other then Grosjean being an easy target) all the blame on another driver.

Webber was going into the corner hot (duh) and someone else was on the outside edge of the corner. Webber checked up (duh again, he had to) moving down towards the inside of the corner. Grosjean was charging into the corner (cue the duh yet again as it is a race, even in the first lap) and when Webber came down he left Grosjean very little to do. Could Grosjean have slammed on the brakes? Yeah, and that would have done what to everyone behind? Was Webber ahead of Grosjean at the time of the incident? Yeah. But guess what, Webber has mirrors and KNOWS what Webber is about to do. Grosjean didn't know what Webber was going to do.

It was a RACING incident. Webber needs to pull up the big boy underwear and march on.

BUT GROSJEAN COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE!!! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MURDER!!!!!!!!!:lol3

Racing, Incident. 10 second stop and go reflected that.
  20. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are you drinking?