NZ's Own Tiger 800 Mini Meet

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Gr82briding, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Gr82briding

Gr82briding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Second Annual NZ Tiger 800 Mini Meet

Greetings to all Tiger 800 owners.

Labour Weekend is fast approaching which means it's time for me to pull my finger out and let you know the details for this year's Mini Meet.

This year's route starts and finishes at Picton on Thursday the 24th of Oct through to Labour Day Monday (27th). The route takes in as much gravel as practical including the Rainbow and Molesworth roads and heads as far South as Christchurch.

Accommodation will be on a share twin basis at moderately priced motels.

Here is the break down of the route;

Thur 23rdAM,Picton to Nelson via Queen Charlotte Dr, French Pass. 4:30hrs travel time, 225km distance traveled.
    PM,Nelson to St Arnaud via Brightwater, Wairoa Gorge, Wakefield, Pigeon Valley, Dovedale, Tadmor Valley, Slippery Creek, Kaka, Glenhope, Buller River. 3:20hrs travel time, 183km distance traveled.

Fri 24thAM,St Arnaud to Hanmer Springs via the St James Range/Rainbow Rd.3:30hrs travel time, 122km distance traveled.
    PM,Hanmer Springs to Moana (Lake Brunner) via The Lewis Pass, Reefton, Totara Flat, Nelson Creek. 5hrs travel time, 222km distance traveled.

Sat 25thAM,Moana to Arthurs Pass via Greymouth. 2:20hrs travel time, 146km distance Traveled.
    PM,Arthurs Pass to Christchurch via Cass, Lake Lyndon, Lake Coleridge 4hrstravel time, 180km distance traveled.

Sun 26thAM,Christchurch to Hanmer Springs via Rangiora, Broomfield, Horsey Down, Hurinui, Culverden. 3hrs travel time, 161km distance traveled.
    PM,Hanmer Springs to Blenhiem Via Jollies Pass, the Molesworth, Taylor Pass. 4hrs travel time. 197km distance traveled.

Mon 27th AM, Blenheim to Picton via Port Underwood. 1:30hrs travel time. 65km distance traveled. Then to our various homes.

As you can see the average distance per day is around 350km and approximately 8hrs riding.

The Mini Meet is open to anyone as long as you ride a Tiger 800! It's open to all levels of riding ability.

I have 6 XC owners confirmed including myself and a couple of maybes.

If you are keen reply to this post with your interest and if you have already confirmed with me then please post here as well or here http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/topic/new-zealands-own-tiger-800-mini-meet/

As more information comes to hand I will post it here and on the Adventure Riding NZ forum.

I can be contacted by email at napwood@gmail.com

it's Gr82briding
  2. Oaters

Oaters Old - not bold - moto riding addict

Oddometer:
    Kia Ora - Neill - wishing you Ven aka Nev and others a ball at this event

Youre certainly enjouying great success with your BRR rides

As your handle says - its great to be riding - woke this morning to snow around my tent at Burra here in SA - at am Internet Cafe at the mo so no pics

Ka kite Oaters :clap
  3. Gr82briding

Gr82briding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, well, well I bet you weren't expecting snow on your little adventure in Oz Stephen?

I hope you've been getting some quality riding in??
  4. Oaters

Oaters Old - not bold - moto riding addict

Oddometer:
    Yip Neill - great State to visit - amazing vista across vast open spaces - as to the changeable weather, some cheeky woman I spoke to up the road in Riverton SA, when I explained I'm from NZ; she remarked 'you'll be used to this then!"

Back on topic - XC800's are a favoured weapon of some of the fellas her in SA - in fact one went from a 9XX Katoom to his Tiger (not unlike Ven if memory serves me well)