Moto Guzzi Stelvio (merged) threadfest...

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by young skywalker, Jan 8, 2006.

1. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    What kind of gas mileage have you seen from the Duc?
  2. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    That's what drove me to sell my Multi 1200 too. Amazing that after 2 generations of those bikes they still couldn't get the plastic right and the tanks would swell. After my 4th one I was done.....:cry

Good luck with it Kraig, and GL with your Stelvio. Sounds like your dealer is doing everything you asked them to, so that's encouraging. :thumb

-SM
  3. KraigD

KraigD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have not put enough miles on it to check MPG. I am just going to use it for short trips around Knoxville and the local mountains. Based on my past 2nd bike ownership they don't stay around long. This bike will be on the market in 2 months I am sure.
  4. Ham

Ham Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Back to Stelvios.

New front tire on to match the back. Pretty easy change out.

New locks on bags.

Almost ready for Arizona.
  5. KraigD

KraigD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got back from AZ if you get a chance ride from Jerome AZ down to Yarnell hill great roads. Then in the south look for the Apache trail great dirt road. And yes I did it on a Stelvio so I am back on topic.

6. onip

onip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    did somebody has installed the optional alarm on their Stelvio?

is it simple to connect? is it any good?

[​IMG]
  7. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quote: "I just got back from AZ" -- from where did you get back to? I'm wintering east of Phoenix.
  8. jknight611

jknight611 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought one for my bike, but never installed it. Silver Fox had one on his Gen 1 Stelvio and was unimpressed, and after several half hearted attempts to install mine on my 13 Stelvio I gave up. I would part with it very reasonable!
  9. jknight611

Oddometer:
    Has anybody tried the Corbin seat on their gen 2 Stelvio? My stock seat has 20,000 miles and "something" has changed. Has become uncomfortable, after 100 miles I find myself standing. I have had Corbin seats before and am generally pretty comfortable on them. I guess seats are like shoes, everybody has a different fit.
  10. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    I have the Corbin on my 2013 and am very pleased with it. Heavier than stock and one piece rather than two, but very comfy…

[​IMG]
  11. jknight611

Oddometer:
    Thanks, looks really nice, what is the side material called in Corbin speak? Nice blend with the tank cover's texture. Is that the asphalt? The bike would be offended if I got too concerned about it's weight! I guess a big box is in my future! Thanks for the photo!
  12. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Center panels are leather and sides are vinyl (asphalt finish), but you can pick and choose materials, colors if you want. This one's been on the bike since about 2K miles. Now at 15K. I've done several 400+ mile days and never had issues.
  13. KraigD

KraigD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in Knoxville but I was born and raised in Scottsdale. I rode south to new Orleans then west. AZ weather was great but I had cold wet days on the road. I don't think I will be planning any more long trips in December January.
  14. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    [​IMG]

Me too. I've done a few 800+ mile days on it with no problems.
  15. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what happened to mine. I think the foam pounded down and created a pocket which became uncomfortable.

That's why I had the Bill Mayer seat built.

I haven't had a chance to sit on a Stelvio with a Corbin in it. The orange piping on Stevie's seat looks sharp.
  16. scstelvio

scstelvio n00b

Oddometer:
    Do either of you with Corbins ride two-up much? Is the passenger area smaller than stock or is that just an illusion. Passenger comfort is paramount as the Stelvio is used for two-up about 40-50% of the time. Also, is the Corbin higher than stock?
    Thanks,
    Steve M
  17. pyoungbl

pyoungbl Colonel Blood

Oddometer:
    I went with a Russell and it's two piece. One advantage is that I can still change the seat height...although it's so high that the low setting is about all I can actually use. Maybe the next owner will have a 36" inseam and need that higher setting.

Peter Y.
  18. Mottowheels

Mottowheels Wheel on

Oddometer:
    can anybody help me with the trouble code that shows MGST 0004 currently broke down on the side of the road any help is appreciated
  19. pyoungbl

pyoungbl Colonel Blood

Oddometer:
    Motowheels,
    OK, where are you? Chances are someone is nearby and can help. What kind of bike are you riding? Same reason. The 04 error is for the immobolizer. Do you have the code to override the immobolizer? Any chance this is a battery problem? Have you discounted the damn OEM aux lights and disconnected them? Have you checked the 30A fuze? Lots of questions here but the intent is to help.

Peter Y.
    Portsmouth, Virginia.
  20. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    This is the dreaded electrical system fault, i.e. something shorted out. Please describe the nature of your breakdown and we can help. Does it start but not run. Does it not start. What happens when you turn the key. Do you have lights. etc.

-SM