NomadGal's Year on the Road

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by NomadGal, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    When Spirit will be ready to ride?

:thumb
  2. 8lives

8lives WTF, in Cannabis we trust.

Oddometer:
    Wish I could!
  3. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    As soon as I have her fixed up. Which will be as soon as I start earning more money than I need to make ends meet. Which will be as soon as I find a second job. Hopefully soon.
    Then I have to find time to fix her between jobs and wait for summer to get here :lol3
  4. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    To all of my readers and companions in spirit when I was on the road,

I have a Christmas favor to ask​

I would love to get Christmas cards this season. :D
    You don't have to put your address or name on it (you can if you want :D ), and it can be just a Christmas post card, but I would love to get a bunch of Christmas hellos.
    I will hang them all over my garage and it will make the holidays so much more cheerful will a little bit of everyone around me.
    If you have a card left, please send to

Esther Manning, 399 Farmers Loop Road, Fairbanks AK 99712
    PS I love them glittery cards :D :raabia
  5. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Got a PM from TwilightZone that a package was on the way….
    A few days later a slip in my mailbox saying it was there. Now, I found out that there are more than 2 past offices in Fairbanks, the one associated with my address was in a location I hadn't been before.
    I do regret not having had my camera in the car, but I did have my cellphone. The only bummer is that you need to touch the screen to take a pic, i.e. letting go of the wheel. Well seeing as the road was covered in snow I didn't want to chance that, so I had to wait until I was in an area where I could safely stop without sliding, to take a pic.

[​IMG]
    The other area was prettier as you could not even see the road.
    I'll have to take a drive there again , and this time take the camera.

Bruce and Ray really spoiled me!!! I almost wanted to wait till Christmas but I was just too curious as to what was in the package

[​IMG]
    Awesome! Lots of natural and great smelling soap, A positive energy candle and stand, Very tasty mustard, jelly, peanut butter popcorn bits (which I must admit I tackled first), and to top it off my favorite dark chocolate covered raisins! Now they must have heard me thinking at some point, because I really wanted to get one of those loofah scrubbers, but ended up getting a plastic scrubby instead cause it was cheaper, and boy did that thing hurt! I'm guessing it ws meant for the dishes, not me. :lol3
    Thank you sooooo much you guys, you made my day!

[​IMG]
    Now who would have thought that in the middle of winter with little sunlight, this Hawaiian plant that I am babysitting, gave birth to a new leaf???? Awesome! I'm so stoked. I wonder if I should get one of those grow lights. It might need it.

The job at Joann's is turning out a bit of a nightmare!

Me: "Kristi, I think you forgot to schedule me this week"

Kristi: "No I didn't forgot, it looked like you were giving too may classes this week so I couldn't schedule you to work store hours because you'd go over your hours."

Me: "But none of those classes had any people signed up for it!"

Kristi: " It takes me too long to go over the class schedule to find out if people are taking a class, you need to start doing that yourself, and then let me know"

Me: "okay……… I can do that, but isn't it really the education coordinators job to inform you?"

Kristi: "Yes but she hasn't and I don't have the time!"

Me: "So how does that work, You need to know 2 weeks ahead of time if a class fills up so so you can create my schedule around it, but people can sign up for the class up to 48 hours before the class takes place?"

Kristi: "Yes, so you see I can't give you any hours because if a class fills up you will go over."

Me: "Well that kind of screws me over if I end up without any hours.

Kristi: "Yes I know but there is nothing I can do about it!"

:baldy :baldy :baldy :baldy :baldy :baldy :baldy :baldy

I'm gonna suggest she just gives me the hours, and if a class fills up she can use find someone to cover for me.
    I wonder what she'll say to that!
    Meanwhile, I need to just face it and get a second job.

I did get hired to sew a wedding dress!!! Awesome!
  6. ninjadance

ninjadance PAW

Oddometer:
    definition of a catch-22! oh so frustrating! its like they dont hear themselves talking non-sense! hopefully someone there, can oversee this oversight.
    i love that a Hawaiian plant gets growing when it detects a fellow islander!
    we had snow today too! almost half an inch, and its cold (-3'C)(about 28'F)
  7. skymtb

skymtb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice care package. That Larrupin sauce is good, reminds me of college. I hope that they are able to get you a few hours squeezed in on the schedule, better to have a short check than no check at all.

Take care .
  8. PaulGir

PaulGir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We call those Fruit Salad plants.When they are in the right conditions they produce a long cone sharped fruit that smells like fruit salad.
    I just transplanted 3 out of indoor pots into the garden.The plant is a type of Liana.
  9. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    It was warm here today, 23 degrees. I actually took my jacket off and just wore my wool sweater over my long underwear :lol3
  10. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm Hmmmm, don't think my landlord would agree with that :lol3
  11. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I think we call them finger leaf plants :D
  12. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting that you had some "warm" weather!!:lol3 It was -40f at my house this morn. It is UP to - 38f right now!!:clap
    Keep warm....justjeff
  13. Tsotsie

Tsotsie Semi-reformed Tsotsi Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you think it is frustrating working for Joann's, try shopping there - that is if the TX stores are the same!

I feel for you!
  14. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Thanks Tsotsie! :wink:
  15. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I am sooo excited! Got my first Christmas cards today!
    Thank you so SWKLR (Carla and Logan from KLR) and SundayRider (ADV)
    You guys made my day!
    TwilightZone (Bruce and Ray) had included a card in their package so I consider it a Christmas card as well.

[​IMG]

I had a good size cake decorating class today, and started on the wedding dress, namely measuring her and picking up the pattern she chose. So coming home to some christmas cards was really cool.
    The as I walked across the road back to the house I noticed some glares in the night sky.
    Yep! I finally saw a little bit of the aurora borealis!! Yippeee, was about time!!
    You can't see much in the picture, but I thought id post it anyway

[​IMG]

Hopefully I will start seeing some good ones, and I will dress up for it and spend some time outside taking pics
  16. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"Yep! I finally saw a little bit of the aurora borealis!! Yippeee, was about time!! You can't see much in the picture, but I thought id post it anyway"

Awesome !!!! You will never forget it !
    Hopefully you will get some great displays. Amazing how they change.
  17. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    that's weird isn't it????:huh
  18. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    According to the weather we'll have some clear cold days coming up, so hopefully some cool lights with it!
  19. Iron Sight

Iron Sight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope your mailing address is still the same?
  20. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Yup, address is still the same!
    That would have been awful if I would have had to move out since I posted my address 10 days ago.
    But then again, stuff keeps happening here on my side, so maybe not such a strange question after all!