licensed commercial kitchen

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by TourPros, Feb 11, 2014.

1. TourPros

TourPros Local wherever I go

Oddometer:
    Anyone have one by chance? Or access to one?
  2. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Searchin for a place to make Sauce?
    A local ADVer on a Husky runs 6th St.
    But they stay kinda busy there.
  3. TourPros

Oddometer:
    You know I have still yet to meet him and I am in there at least twice a month when I am home,, Beef Satay usualy

But yes a company in LA has asked to start carrying the sauce
  4. OR Trail

OR Trail looks for unlocked gates Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM sent - have some ideas in Hood River and in NE Portland.
  5. meatwitheyes

meatwitheyes Bon Vivant

Oddometer:
  6. TourPros

Oddometer:
    In short we have a BBQ sauce that has become pretty well own around the country in the entertainment industry. Many big bands (Guns n Roses, FUEL, KYNG, Blind Melon, and many more) have been after it or many years. Now there is a company that caters to materials and supplies for tour (Tour Supply) that is interested in carrying it. It by the way is called "The Sauce" tagline of " So good you'll want to lick your friends fingers too".. Many here on ADV in the PNW are very familiar with it as well. In short I need a place that I can do a batch of about three or four gallons. Could be done in the middle of the night if need be. Will require some big burners so I can simmer a fair bit at a time. Then it will be jarred and sealed.

Cheers
  7. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    I don't know whether Motomuffin has access to the type of facility you have in mind, but she is a chef, and I have heard that she does know sauce.
  8. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    Who is this TourPros?? :dunno
  9. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want some sauce!

1911fan
  10. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    I have a domestic kitchen, licensed in Oregon, but I'm in So. Oregon.
  11. TourPros

Oddometer:
    We have not locked in on a kitchen as of yet. Need to crunch some numbers to make sure we don't have so much into a quart jar than what its wholesale price would be. Although "boutique" sauces can be pretty spend I would like to keep the sauce attainable for many rather than a few.
  12. tblume

tblume Always Be Gambling

Oddometer:
    I second Motomuffin.
  13. Easy-Z

Easy-Z Me wanna be

Oddometer:
    There's a commercial kitchen in NE PDX called Opal 28. www.opal28.com

Also, not sure if this would work for your purposes but you might check out community centers and local churches. A lot of times they'll have large kitchens that are under-used and either cheap or free. :dunno
  14. purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater The Official VW Nut

Oddometer:
    You might want to hit up some of the bigger non-denominational mega Churches, just tell them what you are doing, ask if they will take a donation of a given amount for use of their kitchen.

:ear
  15. dhally

dhally Hammerhead

Oddometer:
    I think Columbia Gorge Community College in The Dalles has one.

OBTW I am a food processing engineer, so if you need to make thousands of gallons, I have the technology...
  16. TourPros

Oddometer:

Can only hope someday we will need your services. Right now its going to be a miracle to get the first batch done. We are thinking maybe 6 to 8 gallons to start split into quart and pint jars..
  17. elkhorn

elkhorn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There will be a new commercial kitchen out in Monument. I just put the floor in, the owner hopes to be operating by summer. I can provide contact info if you are interested. I know he is very flexible and interested in new contacts.
  18. ObiJohn

ObiJohn Screaming Banshee

Oddometer:
    Why would it take a miracle to produce 6 gallons of sauce?

If it's getting a kitchen, that seems straightforward. If it's money, that also seems straightforward.

Several inmates have offered solutions to the kitchen problem, so it must be financial. How much money does it take to produce 6 gallons of barbecue sauce? If this will be in quart jars, that's 24 jars. What does a case of Mason jars cost? Labels can be made on a computer printer. Add in the raw ingredients, kitchen rental... what else is left?

TourPros, successful musicians don't care within reason about the price of something like this, and if they like your sauce see if you can get a friend in the business to give you an endorsement quote for the label... something like "This stuff is hotter than Pamela Anderson, and nowhere near the heartburn afterwards!"-Tommy Lee

If Paul Newman can do it, so can you. If money is holding you back, then check with friends, use Kickstarter.com, etc.
  19. TourPros

Oddometer:
    Yes after the recent (third) heart attack funds are tight but it will happen will just take a little time. I have quotes from members of Blind Melon, Guns N Roses, Kyng, Fuel, Kill Devil Hill, Filter, Dickey Betts & Great Southern and more about the sauce as well as pics of some of them holding jars of it. IT will not be the cheapest sauce on the market but not the speediest either. Right now a company that supplies touring equipment is looking to carry it as is the Hood River Rosauers grocery store. So when I can get enough to stock each I will and we will see where "The Sauce" goes from there. Labels have been made for a while and I have about 10 jars still already done. The tag line on the label for those that have never had a jar is "So good you'll want to lick your friends fingers too"
  20. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    I still want some.

1911fan