I'm starting to get the anti-HD vibe

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by DynaSport, Oct 2, 2012.

1. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Po-po?

WTF? Do you drink wawa you get from your mama? Do you find it disturbing to be passed on your bikey wikey? And does your bikey wikey make woo woo noises?
  2. ShardPhoenix

ShardPhoenix Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer:
  3. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    That was awesome if you actually hit him with all that shit.

Still, some dude aims his bike at me that close and starts spinning his rear wheel, I'm going to look at it the same as if he pulled a gun out and aimed it at me. If there's a chance to get at him, even if it means jumping off of my bike and letting it fall over, it's on.
  4. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really don't care what others do as long as it doesn't involve me. Sometimes I pass others, sometimes they pass me, no big deal.

My gripe is when they want to involve me in their antics because their skill level or conditions are not sufficient to allow them to do what they desire without my help.

If you want to have a pirate pride parade or play rickey racer. do it in a way and place others aren't forced to ride your ride with you
    . Just because you think it is no big deal if someone needs to slow to your snails pace, or get out of the way because your going warp speed, they may not feel the same.

Ride your own ride......................share the road.
  5. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    That would have been ideal but with my tires aired down for muddy single-track the notion of ripping through paved twisties seemed like a bad one. :lol3
  6. Human Ills

Human Ills Useful Idiom

Oddometer:

See? You're a lane sharer! :lol3
  7. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

Oh it hit him. Wet grass and black mud clumps are easy to spot. I really wanted to choke the shine out of his eyes but I think it worked out better this way. No one had to get injured (me included) and I am pretty sure that he learned something from the days events. Like not pissing off a dude riding a bike that is literally covered in cow shit.
  8. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    it usually happens to me during a race just about when I start to think Im cool.

I'm goin along thinking to myself - man, this is awesome! Im going really fast this is-

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .... passed by another rider going 20 mph faster

:lol3
  9. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Rawrr!

Oddometer:
    Copied from a 4x4 forum...

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually saw the perfect use of "rolling coal" yesterday. I only wish I had a dash cam that would've captured it. Some douche on a harley is right in front of me at the red light, and decides that he wants in the left hand turn lane. Never mind the fact that that lane is full,he's getting overthere. First he sits at the light for 10 seconds or so, just holding the throttle almost wide open, letting everyone know how loud his pipes are. I can'timagine howmanylives he saved during that time, since we all know loud pipes save lives. Then, without so much as a turn signal, glance at the car beside him, or anything, he turns his bars left, inches forward, and puts his front tire between the car beside him and truck in front of them, actuallybumping thetruck's bumper with his tire. The guy in the car honks, and the biker just looks at him and laughs. It just so happens that the truck was an old Dodge diesel, and judging by the size of the exhaust tip and the fact that the entire rear quarter panel of the truck was black, I'd say the driver was a high school kid or someone who thinks rolling coal should be an olympic event. I have to admit, I started giggling like a schoolgirlwhojust saw her first cock when I saw the ass end of the truck start to raise up in the air a little, while the brake lights were still on. As soon as the black smoke started flowing like wine at your Mom and Dad's swingers party, I was literally crying tears of joy. I can only imagine what the biker's reaction was, because I couldn't see him at all,onlyhis brake light through the cloud. Once the light changed green, the Dodge continue his smoke screen for another 100 ft or so. I'm not sure if the biker chased him down and killed him or not, but I have to admit that it really did make my day. It just goes to show, when douchebags collide, it can make for some good entertainment.
  10. glenn2926

glenn2926 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the problem over there? In the Uk we would just pass them. They cannot possibly take up a whole lane, so just go around them. WE on normal bikes have about three times as much speed/ power as a harley so it not as if we have to really try very hard to pass them. I as a resident of the Uk do not seem to have as much bother with HD's is it only a US thing? I posted this at 22.28 not 10. 28pm cos that time does not exist
  11. slide

Oddometer:
    I don't know for sure, but one thing may be that the HD's ride in a dense bunch which can stretch for a distance equivalent to 3 large lorries. You can't pass such a long line and the density makes cutting in and riding amongst them as you progress impossible.
  12. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    on top of which the bikes have loads of torque so they take off on the straights. but when they get to the corners they nearly have to stop. so as soon as you have caught up with them in the corner, you are nearly in panic mode tryin to not rear end them.
    It tuns into this viscous cycle of trying to pass and usually they make it very hard to do it safely.
  13. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    you guys realize that you could still pass them if you wanted too...if your skills aren't up to it, perhaps you should be following them at their pace. think about it.
  14. KX50002

KX50002 NooB, my ass

Oddometer:
    You need a bandit, gobs of torque everywhere
  15. glenn2926

Oddometer:
    Harley's run out of steam at around 100/120mph my Blackbird will easily keep going for another 40mph on top of that wheres the problem? Hell my GS is still a lot faster than a harley. Come on guys get a grip it's only a tractor.
  16. slide

Oddometer:
    So if three tractor trailer lorries were strung out end to end so you had to pass three or none, you'd just crank your Honda up to 150 mph and zoom past them?
  17. glenn2926

Oddometer:
    Yep.
  18. Human Ills

Human Ills Useful Idiom

Oddometer:
    Blocking is easy. Accelerate out of the corners, hold the lead into the next corner, park it on the preferred line... lather, rinse, repeat.
  19. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    Flatlander identified. :lol3
  20. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

If you or the Harleys you are trying to pass top 100+mph on the roads that we are talking about then it is going to be super easy to pass both you and the HD's because you will be in one big pile of smoldering shyte up in the trees or down in a ravine. :lol3

By the way, faster bike does not equal a faster pace. :deal