Seeking sunshine or at least warmth!

Discussion in 'Americas' started by tobster9, Feb 25, 2013.

1. tobster9

tobster9 Sky larker

Oddometer:
    :clapI got 10-14 days off, leaving Vancouver with my daughter for spring break on mar 15th. I promised her a vacation with a bit of Sun, and somehow its turned into a bike trip. Any good suggestions out there???
  2. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why don't you come down and ride the southern deserts of Az? Bisbee, Tombstone, Douglas, etc, etc.

March and April are my favorite times to ride down here!
  3. Eyes Shut

Eyes Shut See no evil Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Death Valley and Anza Borrego in California. Or, make your way to Texas for Big Bend.
  4. tobster9

tobster9 Sky larker

Oddometer:
    i will get googling and check them out, thanks, guess I need to decide if I come down the coast or go in land, Im struggling with that cos the coastal riding is so good but Id love to see a bit of Idaho and Utah, just looking into the various towns enroute to see if anywhere will have snow?! Arizona looks sweet, maybe further than our butts can make it though
  5. oldtrout

oldtrout Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still very early in the season Tob.

I would stay low - the coast (rain) or the slab/ I-5 (boring) till I hit California.

From there you can scoot into the cactus belt or over the "hump" into NV.

Keep an eye on the high country and the passes. Idaho ? Possibly, but without pillion.

Planning similar trip, but in May, and hope to hit the sweet spot weather and heat wise.

Keep us updated amigo.
    Logan:ear
  6. tobster9

tobster9 Sky larker

Oddometer:
    after checking a bunch of weather averages etc decided im just going to bolt down the I5 and get into cal as quick as poss, it is a bit early like you say, Im trying to deny that bit, saying that, we're expecting 60mm of rain here (vancouver) in the next day I cant imagine anywhere will be any wetter! If I get lucky the coast might be kind to me, after bit of googling there seems to be a ton of sweet riding to do :D http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Rout...=2&sortBy=field47+DESC,+field46+DESC&filterBy=
  7. oldtrout

oldtrout Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just get some good rain gear and punch it south. Nothing better than emerging from the cloud into sunshine !

30 C in Death Valley today :clap:eek1

Your daughter may "hate" you at first, but in 20 years, she will love you for it. No U turns.

Eye on the WX Sat. and Ride on daddy- o !

OT.
  8. charapa

charapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
    Tob,

Wish I had heard your plea earlier, but I have been traveling. I am HUGELY in favor of the Dad-Daughter moto trip idea! I organized a 36-day for friends ride all over the country of Peru in 2010 and took my daughter (riding her own dirt bike). She didn't have much experience when we started, but after the 5,000 kms, she is pretty good! :rofl

Anyway, the bonding time was great! :clap Best wishes on your ride. Give us a report of your time on this thread!

I have an adventure moto tour company in Peru. Join us on a ride next time vacation! We try to keep the adventure high and the costs low.

Cheers! Toby