I am sold on Triumphs after seeing this...

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by StreetfghtR, Oct 7, 2012.

1. StreetfghtR

StreetfghtR Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    I understand the camera \ chase bike was a gen. one KLR.

Ok, I made that up. :evil
  3. Stretch67

Stretch67 Mad Scientist Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 2005 Tiger was my very favoritest bike of all time. RIP, ol' girl.

[​IMG]
  4. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    You and 205 others :1drink
  5. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
  6. StreetfghtR

StreetfghtR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had no idea triumphs were that beast....no way a GS can perform like that. (please don't shoot me GS people)

:evil
  7. StreetfghtR

StreetfghtR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    one thing that is so annoying with the bike is the welded subframe.

wish it was detachable ....sigh
  8. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:

Oh, that isn't made up...I was the rider.

:poser
  9. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Loved the video, kinda cheesy acting but amazing cinematography (Even for the KLR camera rig)

Sure the bikes really weren't completely stock in the movie but they definitely started with the right bike!
  10. Dcc46

Dcc46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool video, I actually sat through the whole thing.
  11. smokeeater495

smokeeater495 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the paint job on the bikes. One thing is for sure, they spent BIG money to produce that vid. i would love to hear about the prep on these bikes.
  12. nedodjija

nedodjija Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome video. If I got a Triumph, I would not even come close to pushing bikes limits!
  13. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL! Yeah, that's what I make all my new bike purchase decisions upon. A promo video for riding gear with uber-talented riders on highly modified bikes (see laundry list of aftermarket brands at end).:rofl:huh On top of that, no info was provided on how many takes and how much maintenance/repair was required to finish that clip.

'bout the only thing you can conclude from that video is the bikes and riding looked 'rad.' :lol3

No matter what brand of bikes were used in that shoot, anyone that buys a new bike based upon that is completely out of their mind...but to each his/her own.

That said, i enjoyed the video from an entertainment standpoint and always appreciate seeing that kind of skill. I'll bet the riders had more that a few sore muscles after they finished :D
  14. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent video. Editing was wonderful. Probably went through a lot bikes and parts to get that done so well.

Impressive that ICON and supporting manufacturers spent the money to get it put together! Would have been blast to work on.

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  15. Northwest Cajun

Northwest Cajun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some of the protection was from Altrider, The Icon guys were at the "Ride the Hoh" event last month and previewed the movie at the campground. One of the riders did break his leg scouting it out. that part is true. It was also shot only in Oregon.
  16. glasswave

glasswave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, you guys are easily sold, any of the beasts regularly discussed here could make such a video.

Great vid tho'
  17. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Maybe a few models here could complete the task, but in no way look as good doing it :wink:
  18. glasswave

glasswave Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wasn't knocking the 800xc, it's a great bike. I was more trying to point out that if you are swayed by a slick video, then almost any bike/manufacturer can sell you.

But while the 800xc is one of the more dirt capable adv bikes, these talented guys could have gotten to all the same places and gotten pretty much the same shots on any similarly modded vStrom, Tenere, MultiStrada or even a Versys, given the same type of tires. Yes, a 21" wheel, more travel and higher ground clearance helps, but for these guys, they would not be deal breakers.

Yes, rims would be bent and the bikes would be thoroughly damaged, just like the XC's likely were, but the script would still have been followed and video would have made with perhaps just a little more tape ending up on the cutting room floor.

As far as looking good, I'd lean towards the Multistrada Pikes Peak, but behold...

Too bad the locations were faked.
  19. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Good points, although I bought months before this movie came out. This was just well documented confirmation I made the right choice. Now I've been included (I think by the dealership) in a Icon mail listing...Keep getting all this cool swag :eek1

Damn IT!!!
  20. Black09JK

Black09JK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Both bikes were chain driven with aftermarket swing arms. They were definitely highly modded bikes. Sick...but highly modded none the less.