Ktm oil level sight glass

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoAliaz, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NoAliaz

NoAliaz n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to KTM bikes. I bought a used 2012 KTM SX-F 350 in 2013 and just started riding it a few months ago. I have it plated for trail riding in Pachaug forest. On my last trail adventure I hit a rock doing a hill climb and flipped it backwards, smashing my back, head and arm on the rocks below, that was more fun than I intended to have that day.

Noticed the oil level sight glass was cracked and oil seeping out. I see there's two black rubber seals in there. Does the new glass simply get pushed into the middle of the seals from the outside or do I need to remove the clutch cover and remove a circlip? If so is the clutch cover gasket reusable? Thanks in advance for any help with this.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attached Files:

2. boasjohn

boasjohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Remove clutch cover , there is a clip in there to hold the sight glass in place, have to remove water pump cover and impeller, to get clutch covet off.
  3. NoAliaz

NoAliaz n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

4. Dustodust

Dustodust Long timer

Oddometer:
    In an emergency campsite or trailside repair a quarter coin fits very well and seals nicely with a little silicone or JB weld
  5. boasjohn

boasjohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very good to know
  6. NoAliaz

NoAliaz n00b

Oddometer:
    Sight glass came in this afternoon. Changed oil, filter and cleaned screen. Added engine ice coolant. Started her up and rode her away, nice! Thanks for explaining how to replace sight glass. :)

Attached Files: