The Good Digs Guide

Discussion in 'Europe' started by MarkN, Jan 8, 2007.

1. MarkN

MarkN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mods, can we have a sticky in the Europe section on recommended hotels, bed and breakfasts and camp sites please?

We are always on the road and if anyone has stayed somewhere and feels that it's any good and would like to share then we could use this thread.:deal

Mark
  2. c00k!e

c00k!e Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm all for, it would really be nice to have some first hand info on such stuff. Would need some organization, so that you can find what your looking for. IMO:D:D:D

Great idea! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

miha
  3. flying_hun

flying_hun Moral Hazard

Oddometer:
    Stayed at a place last summer that I loved called the Hotel Beausejour in Montaimont, not far from La Chambre. Nice folks, good food, great views, secure moto parking, and a lovely, quiet village.

Cheers,
  4. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
    Love this Idea! To make it easy to handle, search and collect, let's agree for a terminology for that:

Country-Code; City; Region;
    HOTEL NAME; www.contactdata.xy
    Price/Person;
    Notes

Sample:

F; Rencurel; Grenoble/Vercors/Savoie
    HÔTEL LE MARRONNIER; http://www.hotellemarronnier.com
    EUR 55.00/person July-Sept;
    Phantastic location close to Gorges de la Bourne. Sympatic young Duch owners. Lots of "personality", no touristfabric. ~10 rooms ** equiped rooms but clean and quiet. Pool, great beer-garden, garage for the bikes, plenty of tour-suggestions availlable.
    Cole de la Bataille, Col de la Croix and many others very close. The "Big ones" in reachable distance (Col d'Izoard, Col du Galibier, Col de la Bonnette etc.)
  5. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Not a bad idea :thumb If it looks like anyone is coming in to :spam it, please let me know and I will clean it up.
  6. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
    CH, Celerina/St. Moritz, Graubuenden
    Hotel Misani; http://www.hotelmisani.ch/
    Single Occupation from CHF 135.00, double occupation from CHF 150
    Sorry, it's very expensive. I wouldn't mention that hotel if it realy wouldn't be vveeeeery very stylish and cool. It's worth staying there for a night, only don't just go there to sleep. Make sure you're be there early. It's one great experiance! Satin-Bedsheets, Mini-Car-Racetrack, DVD, Breakfast untill 4 in the afternoon... It's a real experience far from the normal. The service is young and fresh, makes one realy feel home imediately. The kitchen is one event by itself!
  7. Koffie

Koffie R1150GS / TDM850

Oddometer:
    Two recommendations:
    Fr; Languedoc Roussillon; Lunas
    Camping Rendezvous Moto; http://www.camping-rendezvous-moto.com/
    8 euro's per person (bring your own tent, but rental tents for 10 euro's and that includes a matras and blanket)
    Had a very good stay at this place two years ago, bikers only at this place. Has a nice pool, bar and a good kitchen. Diner is at a set time and you order your place during the day, there's no choice in food. Like the food and get a place at the table, don't like it go somewhere else.
    The crowd is very mixed, big hairy bikers and white collar bikers are treated the same.

Fr; Dordogne; St Aubin de Nabirat
    Camping Moto; http://www.motocamp.com
    8 euro's per person for a campsite (bring your own tent) and 12 euro's per person for a cabin (bring your own sleepingbag)
    Very nice campsite, more quiet then Rendezvous but bikers only as well. Has everything you would need, swimmingpool, bar and excellent kitchen. Spent only one night here but first impression was good.

Both sites are owned and run by dutchmen, so I might be biased but if you're in the area and looking for a place to sleep these are deffinitely worth it.
    stuarthw likes this.
  8. rallybug

rallybug Local Yokel

Oddometer:
    I've just overnighted in the Cairndoon B&B in Dumfries, Scotland.

Run by a nice woman (Margaret), there's no en-suites, but I was in a triple on my own, and the breakfast included cereal, toast, full cooked, orange juice and tea/coffee.

£20 for the night wasn't bad.

Cairndoon
    14 Newall Terrace
    DUMFRIES
    DG1 1LW

01387 256991

:thumb
    PNW Buttercup likes this.
  9. riderbob

riderbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. dodger

dodger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    lunas is a great place to stop, and it doesnt matter where you come from you will be made very welcome, i had a great stop for 5 days on route to spain, (one tip, dont put ya tent anywhere near the bar if you wanna sleep)
  11. Martigo

Martigo Kreisverkehrfahrer

Oddometer:
    This is a special place only for bikers.

You will have more informations on:

www.villa-loewenherz.de

don´t miss it. We stayed in, two times a year. A realy cool place to stay.
    Between the weekends they have special rates, 125 Euro/5days incl. breakfast+dinner. Serveral very good roadbook trips are available 100-350km.

Let me know if you will stay. I´m 120 km away of Lauenförde.

Nice regards from "Küntrop"

Martigo
    ---------

KTM 950 S
  12. bavarian

bavarian bavarian

Oddometer:
    Wonder why nobody recommends the lovely Hotel Progresso in Pieve di Cadore. It's in the best tradition of the 20ies. Charming concierge and the riding in the area is awesome.
  13. alexd

alexd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi mate. If you have to go to Italy, north Italy, give me a call. I will be a pleasure for me giving you some advices especially for DOLOMITI, or for a ride togheter.
    Let me know,

Cheers

Alex

(info@rtwride.com)

DavidMWilsoncc likes this.
  14. MarkN

MarkN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was recommended this hotel after meeting a Spainish biker new Gibraltar. It's right in the middle of the Picos in a village called Cosgaya. Rooms are about €65 and are clean and well appointed. The resturant is something else though with fantastic food and huge portions. If you getting the ferry the next day it's worth staying in on your last night as it's only about 70 miles from Santander.

http://www.hoteldeloso.com/hotel3/

[​IMG]
  15. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Sofa King Bueno

Oddometer:
    Germany; Garmisch-Partenkirchen; Bavaria

HOTEL NAME; Edelweiss Lodge and Resort

Price/Person; Varies by rank/grade

Notes: Edelweiss Lodge and Resort authorized patrons include United States active-duty military members, military retirees, military reservists, national guardsmen, current Department of Defense civilian employees assigned to EUCOM, foreign military currently on orders assigned to a U.S. military installation and the family members of authorized patrons. NATO military members currently assigned to duty in Germany are eligible and must present an AE Form 600-700 (USAREUR Privilege and Identification Card) upon check-in.
  16. Bill@Mission

Bill@Mission Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. Johann

Johann Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Granada, Spain

Camping La Perche.

From Granada follow the signs for the Sierra Nevada, which will take you onto the A395. About 10km from town as the road starts to climb there is a small sign for this campsite on the right hand side (If you reach a big fork in the road you've gone about 2km too far uphill).Campsite is about a mile up a single track road.

Owner has lots of large friendly dogs, there's a swimming pool, restaurant and well stocked (cheap) bar. Excellent campsite, would make a great base for exploring the area.
  18. Mr Potter

Mr Potter I'm not a cat

Oddometer:
    Here is a great campsite next to devils bridge in Cardigan, Mid Wales, not overly busy as it is up in the hills away from the seaside, for a campsite the shower facilities are superb, really friendly people and they do a mean breakfast at the campshop which if the weather is good you can eat outside, a great base for exploring the area.

http://www.woodlandsdevilsbridge.co.uk/index.html
    stuarthw likes this.
  19. GSJack

GSJack One Bavarian Beer a day

Oddometer:
    Been staying here for couple of years, cleanest nicest showers and bathrooms I have ever seen, great service, great food, family owned, speak English etc. They are 12 KM east of Garmisch, gateway to Austria and Sudtirol. Great place to use for a base camp for exploring the area.

http://www.camping-tennsee.de/tennsee_gb/index.html

They have full campground, or very nice apartments for 35 Euros/night.

Regards,
    Jack Salyer
    Oberpfalz, Bavaria
  20. Johann

Johann Long Timer

Oddometer: