Outback Australia(Around the Block)-including the Canning Stock Route

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by bridgestone90, Jun 5, 2013.

1. YeeHaa

YeeHaa Fang it!!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    ??
  2. GoneAgain

GoneAgain Huh?

Oddometer:

i'd say, going by the mention of 'bandwidth' where the images should be.... that photobucket has said 'too many downloads (views) of this fella's pic's this month... put a halt on him (maybe just for the month?? depends of photobuckets policy)..

hopefully photobucket lets em out again soon... :eek1

3. bridgestone90

bridgestone90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I think Gone Again is right and the photos will return in a few weeks time.
  4. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing them. As I am touring about Oz at the moment..... Just rode through Dubbo a few days ago....
  5. scrobs

scrobs Armchair Drifter

Oddometer:
    I tip my hat to you, this is a gutsy ride solo.
    This is a great effort and report. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards
    Scrobs
  6. Gaynor

Gaynor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Bridgestone90

Great ride report and the photos are sensational! My favourite is the bike mudbath, but then there are days when I am just bad.

On page three at Rankins Trolley, the man you are speaking of is Tony Rhodes, not Andy. Andy was the other guy who was with me in the old green toyota left of pic. We were leaving when you arrived but I took a few photos before we left.

Would attach a photo of the CSR traffic congestion that day but cannot figure out how to upload. Not as good quality as your beauties anyway.

Re permission - you have a fantastic photo of the Polish cyclists Aggy and Matthew. May I reproduce here http://www.canningwalker.com/canning-history/cyclists with a link back to this Ride Report?
  7. Gaynor

Gaynor Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. Fabnut

Fabnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a fantastic ride & an even better report, well done. I left Perth in September this year & rode a solo trans-oz trip myself, taking in the GCR, Oodnadatta & Strezleki Tks, then over to the Vic & NSW high country & back again. I really thought I'd achieved something but after reading this stellar report, I feel very humbled indeed... The CSR & the Simpson solo....hats off mate, you're an absolute bloody legend.
  9. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report mate!! The Canning Stock Route is one I have been eyeing off for a while. Every time I do my fuel and water calculations, it seems to be impossible to crack it. Your efforts have inspired me to have another very close look at a trip. I had resigned myself to only being able to do this as a supported ride.
    PS Your photography is incredible, and you ought to check out getting some of those photos published,

Rod
    Albert Mar likes this.
  10. bridgestone90

bridgestone90 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Gaynor

Congratulations on your amazing journey.
    Thanks for making good my reference to Andy/Tony. That's ok to use the photo of Matthew and Aggy on the website. They were heading for Sydney. I often wonder how their adventure finished. May still be going. I hope so.
    I have enjoyed reading the 'Canning Walker'.
    Happy Days
    Bridgestone90
  11. joxer

joxer n00b

Oddometer:
    What a gripping RR, well done fella, l really enjoyed that. Great respect for you.
  12. Fredyellow

Fredyellow I like yellow

Oddometer:
    Great read of a great ride!
    Thanks for taking the time to write a RR and for the beautiful pictures.