Central Oregon Meet-ups

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by littlebull, Jan 4, 2012.

1. DirtWarrior

DirtWarrior Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome, I PM'd you my cell#. Maybe we can get a few rides in. I'll be leaving San Jose around 10am tomorrow.

Nick
  2. howardbell

howardbell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ... this has to be one of the quietest threads on the board :snore:snore

but thats good, everyone must be out riding!!

anyways, just wondering if anyone wants to hook for a little riding this week or next? mid-week, weekends, whatever... go a hunkering for some general wandering, or a place in mind you want to check out? hit me up, I'd love to get out on some trails with some of you central oregon ff'ers --
  3. forrest_fire1

forrest_fire1 I came, went & discovered

Oddometer:
    I get off work at 5pm today 7-17-2013. Lets go for a ride!:wings:wings
    I'm riding a 2007 DL1000.
  4. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:

Any place in mind? I've been tweaking the suspension on a couple bikes by riding the ditch/power roads from Bend airport to the end of 33rd street in Terrebonne the last week. Straight and a great spot to tune, but pretty dusty for riding with someone. Got lost around Sisters and North of Prineville recently, and would recommend the Green Mountain Trail if you get out to the Prineville area, only 8.5 miles long but it's a nice trail that ISN"T just a gravel road.
  5. howardbell

Oddometer:

Its going to get hot again around here, so my thinking is to head west into them hills... I want to check out these trails that go by Talyor and Irish lake's (think its mrdualsport thats mentioned them a few times) and goes into the backside of Waldo lake (warning: i have been known to go for a swim in my whitey tightey's on hot days on the bike -- its not a pretty sight, so you have been warned), loop back thru Cresent junction and back over newberry crater... I don't know, off the top of my head, thats loop I have been wanted to do.

I can go friday??? any takers??
  6. Mr Dual Sport

Mr Dual Sport Is no longer on ADV

Oddometer:
    I'm going backpacking today and this weekend up in the high lakes so no riding for me, but you should head up to Waldo. It's a great ride!:clap
  7. howardbell

Oddometer:
    Too damn hot today... bailed on my own plans (weak)!

Once it gets back out of the 90's, i'd love to hook up with ya for a ride sometime, sounds like you are the guy that know's all the good rides around here??? what do you say??

enjoy your hike
  8. forrest_fire1

forrest_fire1 I came, went & discovered

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    Any one want to go for a ride this evening? It should cool off around 6pm till Dusk...
    Pm me. :ear
    Cell 541-450-9776:ear
    Or, post on this thread :ear
  9. Big Spag

Big Spag ONESPEED

Oddometer:
    Is the 370 road open from Todd Lake to 3 Creeks?
  10. littlebull

littlebull tiny mighty mo

Oddometer:
    Have you been able to do that route yet? Big Spag and I did it about a month ago. The area between Irish/Taylor and Waldo has a number of large downed trees, but there are well-established work-arounds. Nice ride and plenty of fun to be had. BTW, we don't like the gravel alternatives much, so we just rode the dirt the way we came in. I don't usually like an out-and-back, but these trails are pretty different in the opposite direction.
  11. howardbell

Oddometer:
    No LB, haven't been on my bike in a while... about 2 weeks ago my wife hit me with a divorce, so I have been trying to wrap my head around that and figure out what the next chapter of my life is going to look like...
  12. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:

Yikes! Not necessarily a good time to ride. Broke my leg riding last september after getting sideswiped with a similar separation and had a hard time concentrating fully - being so pissed and all. Sorry to hear but a good thing to do is get yourself in the best physical condition possible. Take it out on the weights brother.
  13. howardbell

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave, gotta stay safe, I have a 9 month old and a 4 year who is my whole world... so daddy's going to try and not do anything to get hurt. Moved into our travel trailer out at Sundance Meadows and now I've got all the riding right out my door -- there's a bright spot
  14. ChickenDance

ChickenDance Keepin up with Darth

Oddometer:
    It's been way too long!

Anyone up for a 3rd Thursday meetup on Sept. 19th? Summit Saloon...6-ish.
    :freaky
    Let's get together and catch up. I can't wait to hear what everyone did over the summer!
  15. Mr Dual Sport

Mr Dual Sport Is no longer on ADV

Oddometer:
    I'll be ridin!:clap:clap:deal
  16. lost...

lost... Guarior

Oddometer:
    Hey Stacie, just heard about this tonight from Eric. I'd love to be there and say hey, but I'll be at work, unfortunately. Maybe I can swing in and talk shop with you guys down in SR sometime next week instead?
    -Casey
  17. howardbell

Oddometer:

Got room for one more??? (I can play hookie tomorrow and ride all day, just have to pick my kid up at 5:30).

I'll do what I can to make the rendezvous at summit :1drink
  18. ChickenDance

ChickenDance Keepin up with Darth

Oddometer:
    Always room for one more! :beer
    Casey, drop by any time...just give a call first to make sure we are home.
    (541)520-4929
  19. Beast1210

Beast1210 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im going to try to make it as well, Im not new to bikes but new to dirt /dual sports. just picked up a 90' klr.
  20. lost...

lost... Guarior

Oddometer:
    Well, it looks like I'm IN after all! Me Eric and Les will all be coming tonight. See you in a couple hours!