Brisbane to Cameron Corner or Birdsville?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by advEd, Jul 18, 2014.

1. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I'm gearing up to do my first trip out to Cameron Corner, or Birdsville. I haven't decided which yet. I'm heading in from Brisbane. Are there any .gpx files around from Brisbane to CC or BV? Or am I best just to slab it to Charleville and go to BV from there?

Thanks,

Ed
  2. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    My advice is to plan your own route and plot it onto your GPS . Use what ever interface program applies to your GPS manufacturer , Garmin = Basecamp , Magellan = Vantage point , etc , etc .

That way you get to see what you want to see and ride the surface that you prefer to ride . I like to ride mostly dirt with tar as short link ups between the dirt sections , others like to go the most direct route using whatever surface is on that route , so , you see , it all depends on what YOU prefer to ride , also , it depends on how much time you have to do your ride . , I have done Cameron Corner to Home in a day and a half ( 27 hrs actually ) before but the main rds are boring as for me .

I am doing a ride to Cameron Corner and Innaminka in about a months time , we will be taking about 4 days to get to Cameron Corner and another day or 2 to do the Innaminka / Dig Tree portion and another 4 days back to home mostly via dirt rds and forest fire trails .

There is a web site with Australian GPS tracks available for down loading as GPX files , I just can't recall the address at the mo . I'll suss it out and come back and post the addy .
  3. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
  4. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate,

I appreciate your advice. I've been doing some research and have come up with a nice ride. Should be an interesting trip.
    Thanks again.

Ed
  5. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi advEd,

OFBM advice is on the money.

We are going up there again in 2 weeks, but we are South West Vic based. Our last year's trip is listed on TAUT. www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
    I had a look at TAUT for trips like you want to do, but there is mainly Brisbane local rides.

When you finish your ride upload it to the site please.

happy trails
  6. rsser

rsser Riding into the sunset

Oddometer: