NY Metro Dirt Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by docgonzo, Nov 29, 2008.

1. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    O.K., folks, enough whining and nastiness. How about a real Advrider tag game? With a dirt road, lake, water crossing, or even a mud hole involved? The main restriction will be that the tag be legally accessible and findable, within 160 miles of the Empire State Building. If not, the tag dropper will have to replace the tag.
    The tag game will reward people who ride, not argue about rules.

So, in that vein, here are the relatively simple rules of this game, which will work in the winter as well as the summer:

1. Get a tag by posting a photo that reproduces the tag dropper's photo to his or her satisfaction. Must have your bike in the photo. Fully in the photo. Trailers/pickups are allowed for the boring highway asphalt trips to the dirt roads, but you are cheating yourself out of the suffering we all love! You'll know you were first, and haven't been "Bruced", because you will have found the mascot and taken it with you.

2. In order to eliminate technology, you have plenty of time to get home to post, if you don't have a smart phone or a tablet. Don't abuse this. You should post within a few hours, so that others are not on wild goose chases going for the tag and finding out the mascot is gone.

3. If the mascot is lost, stolen, etc., then the 1st person to post can pick a new mascot. Hopefully, that won't happen anymore.

That's it for rules....

YES MASCOTS ARE ALLOWED!!! (like cute little rubber ducks, or ugly penguins!)

[​IMG]
  2. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    imagine that, i was there the same day

[​IMG]
  3. thetoecutter

thetoecutter Cutter of Toes

Oddometer:

I must have just missed you guys!!

[​IMG]

probably cause I took the long way over there.

[​IMG]
  4. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Finally, a sense of humor from you guys! :clap :clap

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Now, can I nuke the thread?
  5. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    By the way, I'd pass the tag to you, rthuey, except that it's obvious from the photo that you didn't ride there. The fellow on the bike is way too thin to be you! :lol3

And, Skip, you couldn't have possibly ridden your 950 Adventure there, because it is clearly collecting moss between the spokes. And obvious sign of inactivity and non-riding.

Either a better job of doing the ride, or a better job with photo shop please! :wink:

Actually, the waterskiing shot is pretty good, Toecutter, so I'll give you the tag!
  6. thetoecutter

Oddometer:
    yea I wasn't going to spend more then 5 mins doing the chop job. Stamping all that grass outta the spokes takes time, plus I think it adds to the awesomeness of it all !!!
  7. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    It does, and since I know you did the ride to Assunpunk Lake, you satisfy the discretion of this tag dropper! Tag, your it!

In fact, the date on the tag might even be the date you met me there for that section of the TransNJ!
  8. thetoecutter

Oddometer:
    Well thanks but I will have to decline the tag as I am not going to be able to get on the bike for at least two weeks. I will be on the road and in California till the 12th. This time of year is VERY busy for me and even more so this year as my deadline was moved up 2 weeks...not good. Have fun.
  9. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heres a picture of my bike.:D

[​IMG]
  10. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Nice picture, and nice bike, Ham. Unfortunately, wrong lake, and a violation of rule number 3. No street bikes. We are trying to eliminate the whining and chat room element! :lol3

This is serious business here!

p.s., if no one gets the tag by this afternoon, it must be re-posted. Really, on such a nice day, no one wants to head down to this beautiful lake on the TransNJ trail? Hint. It is probably the halfway point, at least from a time and difficulty standpoint.
  11. 13

13 __________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thats apparent what with the floating bikes and stick people and such.:D
  12. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    here we go again with the rules already. "didn't see where we had to have a certain figure for this thread"

i believe skip's moss in his spokes is from the water crossing. there was a lot around the edges where we were, but apparently that is an unwritten rule as well.

actually i did ride there with my nephew riding bitch. glad you noticed the family resemblance.
    we were there so i could teach him how to ride. those of you that know and ridden with me have seen my bike. i had a choice that afternoon. :cry in fact immediately after that shot was taken.
    neither the bike or the neph could swim. :cry
    that was kind of a first posting honor i was giving him

tanks for screwing it up doc
  13. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Since the number one rule is pretty simple, I'll repeat it:

The FOUNDER's total and complete discretion.

Sorry, but you are whining too much. So I discretely reject your photo. I will post another tag in the morning. 72 hour rule, you know! :lol3
  14. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    No one got the tag, and ToeCutter graciously declined the "gimme", so here's the new tag. All the clues are in the photo, for those few who are not familiar with this classic landmark in the Pine Barrens.

[​IMG]
  15. thetoecutter

Oddometer:
    and doable with any bike, if the tagger allows.
  16. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Actually, it's not. Space and time....Now THAT's probably everything!

Remember, this thread is all about doing the ride. Timing isn't that important, unless the tagger makes it so.

Bill, you have a picture with the monument in it, and did the ride, I'll give it to you!

p.s., when are we gonna ride together again? I'm done with finals in two weeks.
  17. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap :clap

Thanks for remembering the thread. Hope you had a good ride. I was freezing my ass off getting the Sandy Hook tag. Started at 6:30 a.m., and the temperature was about 24 degrees. And NO TRAILER!

Done with finals next week, so should be able to hit the sand again down yonder. Do you have a new tag for the thread?
  18. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Looks like my grandma's chicken coop in Sarasota Springs, Florida. My search on google comes up with 3,475 chicken coops in New Jersey.

How about a clue? :wink: :wink:
  19. enormiss

enormiss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea, the frozen puddles slowed my ride to Atsion...
    I missed you guys @ 10AM, then followed tracks for awhile before remembering you were headed to Carranza.
    Had I taken a different way from the start I could have caught you there. :baldy
    Really started to get nice in the afternoon.
    Hope you had a good ride!
  20. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Hey, we need another clue. Like what the heck that building is used for. Or perhaps, GPS coordinates! :lol3