User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #16
longhaul747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
+1 ,2 3 or 4 on the Lemon Pledge!

A nice coating on the front of the bike shines it up nice and keeps the bugs from sticking badly. Usually if the bug splatters are still fairly fresh a new application of Lemon Pledge simply removes then and puts a fresh coat down for the next time.

If you get lazy and the bugs have been on there for a while even the Lemon Pledge is not a cure all. I have had some complicated bug splatters in my time even with a nice coating of Pledge on my bike. In these cases I simply take the Lemon Pledge and spray it on the bug splatter and let it soak for 30 minutes to an hour. The oils or whatever in the Pledge will soak into the bug softening it and it will then wipe right off!

BTW, in my experience it has to be Lemon Pledge. For some reason the other versions don't work as well.

Also watch the bees. They love the smell of the Lemon Pledge and will try to be your best friend. Been chased around the yard a few times because I got Lemon Pledge on my hands. Its not a huge issue but has happened a few times.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #17
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,788
I use an old bath towel, wet it with hot water, wring it out 1/2 way, and drape it over the windshield / plastics, and leave it for 1/2 hour, then clean with a fresh, clean rag and Pledge.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #18
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,627
You guys are suppose to play bug lottery. Everyone puts a dollar in a pot. You take a grease marker and everyone draws an inch circle on the front of the bike. Whoever has a bug closes to the center of their circle is the winner and takes the pot.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote