User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #2551
42 Hitch
n00b

Oddometer: 7
KTM 690 rear sub-frame bolts

Not sure how much weight I carry. Guess I could leave the camp chair at home. First set after the stock bolts were the aftermarket from Rally-raid. Used the bolts that came with the kit. The next two times I believe I had grade 8 SHCS's from Lowes (???). Now I have a standard hex head bolt that is whatever we could get from the auto parts store in Grand Junction. Terrain was Hancock Pass fully loaded and multiple times in Utah around the Moab region also fully loaded.
I doubt a good rider would have the issues I do. I suck and never hit the line I intend and that is no doubt 99% of the problem and a lot of fun on a loaded bike.
42 Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #2552
Anders-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 Hitch View Post
Not sure how much weight I carry. Guess I could leave the camp chair at home. First set after the stock bolts were the aftermarket from Rally-raid. Used the bolts that came with the kit. The next two times I believe I had grade 8 SHCS's from Lowes (???). Now I have a standard hex head bolt that is whatever we could get from the auto parts store in Grand Junction. Terrain was Hancock Pass fully loaded and multiple times in Utah around the Moab region also fully loaded.
I doubt a good rider would have the issues I do. I suck and never hit the line I intend and that is no doubt 99% of the problem and a lot of fun on a loaded bike.
Maybe I'm reading you wrong here, but are you saying you broke 3 sets of upper subframe bolts?
Anders- is offline   Reply With Quote