Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhodeHazard

RhodeHazard ex halligan hooligan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome finish today Pyndon!
  2. EKIN

EKIN Just Do It

Oddometer:
    Fantastic:clap:clap:clap
  3. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Awesome job by Pyndon today! :super

Wearing Pyndons LPR t-shirt today in honor, with a Jonah Inferno jacket on top of that and a several years older heavier Jonah Inversion jacket over that. It's COLD outside today (snow & ice).

GO PYN!!!! :clap:clap
  4. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
    Go Lyndon! :happay :pynd
  5. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    :baldy

Sorry to spoil the party, but news just came in:

As a meteorological Armageddon falls upon the last thirty kilometres of today's special, the race direction has decided to stop the competition and neutralise competitors at CP2, 86 km into the stage (formerly 374 km, but the course was changed this morning).

If this actually means that they also neutralize the bike stage (although most riders are already in), then Lyndon's only in 55th position and gets penalized for riding smart and not making nav errors.
  6. davidlomax

davidlomax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gutted,

Looks like todays results have been 'Neutralised'. Too many of the 'right' people finishing in the wrong places. Good old ASO...
  7. snooker

snooker AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer:
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ??? THIS IS A GAME CHANGER !!!

:clap :clap :clap:clap LYNDON POSKITT IS KING ! :clap:clap:clap:clap

[​IMG]

(thank you TrackingDakar.nl - I've donated!)
  8. snooker

snooker AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer:

WHAT? As I was typing? :cry ...so it's true you can't believe everything you see on the Internet. :kboom
  9. Leodis41

Leodis41 I wanna Orange one!!

Oddometer:
    Bar stewards!

Where did you see this, there is nothing on the Dakar web site?
  10. Robear

Robear Quack Kills

Oddometer:
    Dammit
  11. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will we get 'chirpy giggles' on tonight's call in ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Neutralising the stage is wrong - if riders got stuck or took wrong turns then that is their problem. Why penalise riders who got it right ?

In my book Pyn still has the place and should be proud of it. He deserves the credit and recognition !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  13. Annamarie

Annamarie Pyn Sis

Oddometer:
    I really hope they don't neutralise for the bikes too, I was just snooping around some other forums trying to find whats happening. Surely they can't neutralise this as most, if not all the bikes were through, it appears the cars are the ones with the problems. This is an off road race and surely you have to deal with all things including the weather (or is that just us Brits!!!) as for navigation in my eyes if a rookie/novice Dakar rider like lyndon can get it right and make it home then surely that's just racing......
  14. Annamarie

Annamarie Pyn Sis

Oddometer:
    I'm in big trouble huh!!

The way things stand at the moment that would be fabulous to hear, as things seem a little unsure now. I've gone from ecstatic to gutted, he is still doing great but if they neutralise the stage it will be a big downer.

In my eyes those results will always stand for today......one massively proud sister

He can rest tomorrow and then just go back out and show them again and do it the pyndon way :lol3

Go PYN Go
  15. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The French organisers have a habit of "adapting" the race to favour certain participants. Hope it's not the case today!
  16. Noyah

Noyah poser

Oddometer:
    The truth is out there, tin foil hat time...
  17. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Don't pour the champagne away just yet.

As of now, Lyndon's finish time might stand. It looks like it only affects the cars and I have some good sources saying so. Still waiting to hear back from some people.
  18. sergeuk

sergeuk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have trouble understanding the official results, but heh 9th place is uber impressive whether it is official or non official, got to take your hat off too him, well done Lyndon.
    Add a bit of UK weather and its amazing what can be achieved.:clap
  19. Dave J

Dave J Still no Fi

Oddometer:
    Go Pyn!
  20. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree - however it is reflected in the final results you cannot take away the fact that he did it :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

On the stage weather is weather and terrain is terrain. Equal for everyone and the same for all competitors.

All the competitors faced the same route, the same terrain, and the same challenges when they set out this morning.

The ASO decided that the first element of the stage should be canceled and that was done before the start. No problem with that.

But when competitors go onto a stage and risk everything in a racing environment then, in my opinion, it's wrong to make a decision after the event to neutralise it.

It sounds like some riders followed the route whilst others made mistakes. Some got lucky in picking their way across tricky terrain and others did not. A bit of luck there - but luck can be a major player in Motorsport.

Whatever the outcome Pyn did unbelievably well today. He did it right whilst others did not. Luck ? Possibly. But that's Motorsport.

In my book he deserves the place along with the recognition and applause that goes with it !!

PynSister, PynMum, PynDad and of course PynGirfriend - your boy did you all proud today :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Go Pyn !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.