Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this helps?
    http://www.bikebandit.com/2010-triumph-scrambler/o/m18750#sch632218

Or these photos:
    http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...l-and-cam-cover-replacement-lots-of-pics.html
  2. bp_josh

bp_josh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The parts diagram does, yes. Thanks.

Guess I can run the engine a bit and then just check/clean the filter to see if plastic did get in the tank.
  3. DoubleCafe

DoubleCafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you Zapp & T-Storm!
  4. Jazbec

Jazbec n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys! i have a request for you triumph owners.
    My name is Jan and I am an architecture student from a small European country of Slovenia. I am in love with the scrambler and I'm doing my motorcycle driving license atm.

Because I'm an student, my finances are limited, and I have some saving ahead of me before i purchase the bike.
    In the meantime I'm planning all the modifications I will be doing to the bike.

I plan to fabricate quite a few bits, and since I'm an architecture student I'm used to CAD and also other 3d visualisation software and I make my living doing architecture visualisations.

To get to the point, i plan on making a highly detailed 3D model of the original scrambler in 3ds max, that will serve for the basis of my build.
    I will make detailed sketch renderings for the final build, and i will be able to design particular elements in detail ( new rear fender, etc...)

Since this is a bit different that my usual work I'm used to, i would need a lot (50 - 100) pictures of the Bike from various angles shot with a DSLR camera(from the pictures, a simple program will build a simple 3d model, that will serve as the blue print for the detailed model that I will model myself).
    The pictures would need to be shot 360 degrees around the bike, with the bike being stationary (best shoot with cloudy sky - diffuse lighting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqFZD5AILU

So if there is a kind soul with some free time, it would make my day! :D since triumphs are rare here in Slovenia i cant photo shoot the bike myself :1drink
    The model once i finish it will be free to share :1drink (it will take me some time, with all the collage duties :) )
  5. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It has to be a DSLR?
  6. Denis_mb

Denis_mb Born to be alive.

Oddometer:

Zdravo,

Jan jaz sem lastnik novega Scrembler-ja v Sloveniji, če želiš se lahko oglasiš v moj kraj in si ga sam ogledaš ali slikaš. Zanimiva ideja, tudi sam sem imel v mislih kaj modificirati po svoje. Trenutno sem nabavil Bitubo komplet amortizerje za bolj udobno vožnjo s Scrambler-jem.
    Sem v Savinjski dolini, tako da se lahko oglasiš.

Še kakšna fotka.

Ang.

Hi,

Jan I'm the owner of a new Scrembler in Slovenia, if you want to see you can visit me at my place and see for your self and make pictures. This is interesting idea, I too have had in mind to modify my own. I just bought a set of Bitubo shock absorbers for a more comfortable ride with Scrambler.

Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. SkiFastBadly

SkiFastBadly A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer:
    Have you tried contacting Triumph directly, explaining your situation, and asking for some IGES, STEP, or JT files?
  8. Jazbec

Jazbec n00b

Oddometer:
    Well, that solves everything!

I did not expect to run across another Slovenian, especially that fast! thats great :D

Not really since its just a Hobby project, that Im doing for myself.
    This step is not that important, but it gives me a rough 3d model, that helps me where pictures cant and gives me a sense of scale. I could always skip it .

Not realy, the better the pictures, the better the final model.

Thats sorted, i will drop by Dens and do the photos myself ! :D
  9. herrstedt

herrstedt Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Great country to ride in, here is wife on her way over Vrsic pass on the way to Kranjska Gora :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. mstakern

mstakern n00b

Oddometer:
    I have been doing a lot off looking for the Arrow 2 into 1 exhaust for my Scrambler. I keep coming up with the $1,099.00 price. Does anyone know where I can get one for less? Thanks in advance!
  12. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They will terminate the Arrow Product for the classic series due to the New euro rules. No mapping allowed :evil
    my Guess is that the price could move the other way
  13. ZappBranigan

ZappBranigan Still Riding

Oddometer:
    Had nice weather and some time this weekend so I installed the side cases. The cases are Duratool cases, basically imitation Pelicans, that I found out about somewhere here on ADVrider.com. Place I got them from is called MCN electronics. They come in multiple sizes, I got the biggest ones I thought would fit and they were $30 each plus about $16 for shipping to Colorado.

First step was to get out the tools so I could remove one of the side racks. I suppose you could put the cases on without drilling but it would be unneccessarily difficult and you might end up with sloppy results.

[​IMG]

It literally took me about 5 minutes to remove the left side rack (4 bolts and out.)

[​IMG]

Next, I used a strip of duct tape to show where I wanted the bottom of the racks to sit:

[​IMG]

Next, per the instructions that came with the Happy Trail pucks, I placed the pucks and drilled. I had to use a small bit (about 3/16") to go through the screw hole on the pucks. Once that hole was drilled I removed the puck and enlarged it to the recommended 5/16" size that is neccessary for the bolts to come through.

[​IMG]

Once the 5/16" holes were drilled, I was able to bolt in the pucks:

[​IMG]

The bottom two pucks are held on by bolts while the top two have a large plastic knob. You can loosen this knob to allow the pucks to rotate when putting the rack on or taking it off.

[​IMG]

Fitted the bag to the remaining (right side) rack just to see if it would fit. On the Metal Mule racks (and I'm guessing on most others) the shape of the rack's "hoop" is the same on both sides so the arrangement of the pucks allows either bag to be fitted to either side.

[​IMG]

After that, I put the left side rack back on and was able to bolt on both bags:

[​IMG]

Front view. This gives you an idea of width. Safe to say that even if lane splitting was legal in CO, I wouldn't be doing it in this configuration!

[​IMG]

Here she is fully "geared up" with all the cases on.

[​IMG]

So all's good, right? Well, not quite. No matter how you put those pucks on, they're going to rattle a bit. That bothers me. It also bothers me that the pucks don't "wrap around" the rack in any way. My fear is that if I were to ride over a rough surface or bumpy pavement, the upper pucks (the ones that are designed so that they can turn so you can remove or replace the bags onto the rack) might rotate enough for the bags to fall off in traffic - obviously "not good." :D

So, I'm going to work on it a bit more and possibly might see if I can either augment or even replace the upper pucks with one or two "J-hooks" that will positively wrap around the upper bar preventing catastrophic loss of the bag. I will also work on waterproofing the bag, probably by putting a rubber patch sealed with silicone sealant around the holes.

And of course, then I have to apply my ADV stickers to make it "official!" :evil
  14. Cooper-Clubman

Cooper-Clubman Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. hbmichael

hbmichael Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen,
    Im in the market for a Triumph Scrambler. Just not sure if a FI model is in my best interest. A little background.
    I purchased new in 2007 a Triumph Bonneville. What a bitchin bike it was! I made some moderate mods that really enhanced the character of my bonnie and deepened my love affair with her. TOR pipes with the supplied up sized jets, Air box mod with KN filter and AI delete. I put 15000 trouble free miles on her and had the biggest fuckin smile Ive ever had on any bike Ive owned. I was persuaded to sell her to a friend for nearly what I had paid new and unfortunately succumbed.
    Now, after a few years, Im REALLY missing her bad. But I think I like the Scrambler style even more. There are plenty of 2012 and 2013 models available for a reasonable price. But I know the first thing Ill want to do is upgrade the exhaust and any other needed mod to go along with that. Call me crazy, but a pleasing exhaust note (plus any little performance upgrade) contributes to the experience.
    So that brings me to the question, Do the FI models respond well to after market exhaust (TORS, Arrow, Etc) What mods are a must to go along with this? AND most importantly, is there a stumble just off idle with the FI bikes? If so, is there a real cure? Im tending to lean toward looking for a 2006 or 2007 model just because theyre carbed. I appreciate any honest opinions and wont begrudge anyone for their opinion.
    Thanks!
  17. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    My 08 EFI throttles impeccably from the get go - no stumbles or snatching anywhere. Always has done - with the original stock mufflers (too quiet) from new, then later with TORs retrofitted (with Triumph's TOR tune downloaded to ECU). No dramas - ran impeccably, changed mufflers and flashed ECU, ran impeccably.
    Can't fault it. No induction or exhaust modifications (except the swapping to TORs) on mine.
    The TORs noticably improved (over stock mufflers) acceleration in top end of speed range. e.g. time from 90mph to 100mph noticably shorter. And they're on the 'top' list of best sounds in the world!!
    In short - I'm delighted with my EFI.
  18. hbmichael

hbmichael Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you Boola-Boola!
  19. gk ryder

gk ryder is this thing on?

Oddometer:
  20. Alexlebrit

Alexlebrit 125 rider

Oddometer:
    I'm only on page 443, but catching up fast so forgive me if this has been asked already (I trued searching but nothing turned up). As my Scrambler owning days are a way off yet, does anyone know of any scale models available, nothing helps me save better then looking at a small version sitting on my desk. Plus there's a few (make that a lot) of tweaks I'd like to try to get my Scram looking the way I can see it in my mind's eye so I figure it'd be far cheaper to try colours etc in scale than on the real thing.

So does anyone know of a scale Scrambler (failing that a Bonnie would do).

And now back to 2009, who said time travel was impossible?