GS Turn signals

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Jimusma, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Jimusma

Jimusma JimUSMA

Oddometer:
    I tend to drop my GS more than the average inmate. :cry As such, I frequently break the lenses on my front turn signals.

Does anybody have any experience replacing the stock front turn signals with shorter aftermarket turn signals? Hopefully , smaller, shorter turn signals will be less likely to snap during one of my frequent drops.

Jim
  2. HP2Mike

HP2Mike n00b

Oddometer:
    See the Tourtech LED signals. Smaller and brighter than OEM with flex shafts to bend a bit. Easy replacement to the BMW system and no efect with the newer electrical canbus system. I'm very happy with mine. Mike
  3. scapegoat

scapegoat Pushin forward back

Oddometer:
    I havent changed the ones on my GS, but several other bikes. Theres replacements with rubber stalks like on a XR 650 to mini plastic ones for DS conversions etc. Might look at www.denniskirk.com to get some ideas of whats avaliable
  4. pastor passum

pastor passum Reverend Noob

Oddometer:
    I replaced the front signal stalks with those made for the rear. They're at least 2" shorter than the front and if memory serves me correctly they were about $9 from your friendly BMW dealer. I think they look better also. They tuck in very close to the headlight:thumb

[​IMG]

Jim
  5. Jimusma

Jimusma JimUSMA

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the responses. All great ideas!

Now, how about ideas to help me keep from dropping my GS all the time? I'm 5'6" with a 27 inch inseam!! (Insert SMURF smilie here)