The Ease-Back Back Rest product Review

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by StingerCo, Apr 13, 2015.

1. StingerCo

StingerCo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    San Francisco Bay Area via Aptos California
    Although I posted this item in my Honda Helix Mod. Thread, I think it deserves it's own thread so it gets noticed by people that aren't interested in the Helix.

The Ease-Back Back Rest is a removable Motorcycle Back Rest. If you are looking for an alternative to the Utopia because you don't want to cut up your seat to install, or if there is nothing available for your particular scooter, or simply if you have more than one moto in your stable and want to be able to use if from bike to bike!

It is extremely easy to install and very well built. Because it is strapped to the passenger portion of your seat it can also act as an extra carrier rack. The underside of the "rack portion" is covered with a rubber type coating keeping it stable without sliding. Once installed this puppy is not going anywhere.
    The Ease-Back Motorcycle Back Rest. American made, American Quality, American Ingenuity, World Class Comfort!

It is true that it can't be used when riding two up, but for all those peaceful and lonely excursions when there are no knees or a rear set of hands to brace your back this is a pretty good choice! I intend to have my upholsterer make a simple rectangular pad for the top of the rack, not so it might be able to use for a passenger but more to make it disappear and blend in better with my seat.

The owner/inventor's name is John Revelle and his website is www.RevRider.com. I in no way have any connection to this company either monetarily or otherwise. I just happen to think it's a great product!

Here are a few pictures of my install:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Ridin' that train

Oddometer:
    He hasn't touched his website since 2011 - and never completed it.

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Where is it sold?
  3. StingerCo

Oddometer:
    I bought mine on Ebay, but I just got a follow up email from him asking me how I like it. Just send him an email to:

John@RevRider.com

I actually don't see where he advertises it much. Believe me he should and I asked him if he minded if I reviewed his product on the few forums that I am active on. Here is his reply.....

"I greatly appreciate your offer to share your positive experience on the web forum. It is one of the best forms of advertisement there is, and I greatly appreciate it. I’m hoping to have some more units in stock within the next week. I contract the parts manufacture. The alloy casting, steel brackets and upholstery are all done by local shops here in St. Louis. The bottleneck is me, as I grind, paint, finish and assemble each unit myself. And I don’t pay myself enough to work too hard at it… and I have to have time for riding! J

Be sure to let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns.

Thank you and best regards,
    John

RevRider, LLC"
  4. AMAC1680

AMAC1680 Outdoorsman, advocate, paraplegic

Oddometer:
    I've used this backrest in the past. They will make one for any bike.
    If you want it right cut the seat.

If it won't work two-up I could just strap on my bikers friend bag and kill two birds with one stone.
    Just my .02

http://www.utpr.com

Be Big,
    AMAC
  5. StingerCo

Oddometer:
    I understand your point but I also have a Biker's Friend. IMHO, there is no comparison. The Ease-Back is fully adjustable, height and tension/lean fore and aft. I'm not knocking the Biker's Friend because it has it's place and is also multi-purpose. But comfort wise, I'll take this anyday.

[​IMG]
  6. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    That scooter looks really good.
  7. klx250sfguy

klx250sfguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That Ease-Back Back Rest looks like a great alternative to the Utopia. I had a Utopia on my old Honda VLX Shadow. It provided comfort but couldn't be removed (easily), it left a hole in the seat if you did. It also tended to move side to side. If I knew about the Ease-Back I probably would've gone with that.

That Helix, by the way, looks fantastic.
  8. StingerCo

Oddometer:
    With regard to the Ease Back vs. The Utopia, the Ease Back chimes in at $149.00 + $12.00 shipping, almost half the of what the Utopia will cost, and installs in minutes vs. cutting your seat and having a pipe in your passenger's crotch :-) .

With regard to the Helix, thanks guys, I've put a lot of love into here. Seriously, not a ride goes by where I don't receive a compliment. Young, old, those that ride and those that do not, all take notice of this Helix. To those that are familiar and know what a Helix is, they are amazed at how different and cool she looks. To the many that are really not familiar with a Helix, they think she is some kind of brand new model that they have never seen. When I tell them she is 20 years old they are blown away.

When you see before and afters like shown above (with the Ease-Back and the Biker's Friend) you can really tell the difference.