World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    A JagdPz and two T-150's?

I count three places where three extra KV-1S's would crush most other teams.

The use of two Cromwells instead of two Hellcats is interesting. I'm going to have to look at the guns on Cromwells again.
  2. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah, that was odd, but out of the tanks on the list the only one missing that is regularly used is the hellcat.

and the makeup does change depending on if a derp or turtle is initially planned.
  3. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    No, I was running solo because I was only running a few battles. I guess I just won't play anymore unless I'm platooned up. That seems to be the only way to counter all the badness in the game right now.
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I knew there was a reason I still had a 1S and a Hellcat in the garage.....:lol3
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the cromwell....wish I could just skip the comet....I really want those past the comet.

I am getting real close on moving past the T44 and the Pershing...heck the t29 as well....I have actually liked playing those and will have a hard time selling. After mastering hull down on the t29 I do pretty darn well with it.

I am still liking the new little german tanks....I just wish I could play them without being stupid....I don't think I have lived one match yet. I also have no desire in moving past tier 3 in them....I like the little tanks...don't like the scout.
  6. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Speaking of both, OP and What do a lot of company battles. They had one going last evening. You just won't know until you log in to that TS though.

I was going to join, but by that time I was dead tired.

Perhaps the best Company Battles I've ever done were with Rebellion back before we broke up, and when ENJOY and What? were still together. I haven't done one with What yet, but I've been in a few team training battles that showed me that What and OP do have competent battle/field commanders, so I imagine they do well with company battles.
  7. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I think that being tired was a big part of my problem last night....I probably shouldn't have even played.
  8. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    That gets me every time.
  9. rjbergen

rjbergen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Possibly. The only thing is that he mentioned grinding premiums, which cost gold to buy. Most players with premiums seem to also have premium accounts.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    If that happens, the number of bad players at high tier is going to go through the roof. This whole new population of players that have joined in the past few months seems to be obsessed with getting to Tier 10 without bothering to learn how to play the game, I guess with the assumption that having the biggest tank will help make them good at the game. I just hope they have short attention spans and move on when that assumption is proven wrong. I saw a 2K battle, 43% win rate player in a IS-7 last weekend. He was, predictably, parked in the back beside the arty.
  11. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    +1. My win rate/damage isn't stellar in the Cromwell, but it is a fun tank to play. Fast. It makes a decent scout tank too. The gun is kinda weak and inaccurate though.

I noticed that my Chi-Ha has a 73% win rate.

I also noticed that when you ammo rack an IS-7 with arty, they get really pissed. I think that fella had to buy a new keyboard. I could almost hear the keys slamming down:lol3

I went 5-3 last night. I was doing good until I hopped in the M40/43 for a change of pace.
    [​IMG]
  12. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    this is just retarded. It's almost impossible to play.
    2 horrible losses with the T30, 1 win.

This last loss, it was 1-15. I had the only kill and that was their T50 :huh How is it possible for everyone to be that freaking stupid?

piss on it.
  13. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Platoon up, and if XVM says the team is bad - hole-up back at, or near, the base... you should be able to get some kills beyond a T-50 by just waiting for the enemies to come to you after your team is decimated.

If you aren't doing 3000 damage rounds with the t30 at least somewhat often (not on average though), something its wrong. Support with your guys and stay alive, or defend and at least get some damage. Just, whatever you do, don't find some half-way point that isn't defending, and isn't immediately supporting. That's my best guess on what to suggest.
  14. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    saw the percentages and hung back with a T28 Proto. Map was Mines. Half the team went up the middle, I think one went east, arty hung around the flag.

Four enemy heavies headed right at us while their mediums sniped from the middle hill.

17 second reload didn't do my any favors on that one :deal

51% win ratio in the tank, but only 40% survival.

workin on it. I hate to just try to salvage xp for myself and actually try to get some good done out there, and it doesnt' always work out....obviously.
  15. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Had a hilarious game last night, in the Matilda BP of all things. I hear the kids at the loading screen, so I afk to make sure they are all still breathing. Come back, and we are losing 3-10.

[​IMG]

So I comment ...

janeuner (All) > stop fucking up my win rate

... and I proceed to roflstomp the enemy team after saving our arty. I win with 5 kills, 100 cap points, and ~65% health left.

[​IMG]

Something like 3 medals. Forgot to screenshot.
  16. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    10 days seems weird. The game originally launched on April 12, 2011. If there was a major event planned, I'd have thought it would be for the 2nd anniversary.
  17. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, were we playing the beta up until yesterday?

sent from my abacus.
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I went about loading screen shots last night. This is how you roll a tier 5 match:deal:lol3
    [​IMG]
  19. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We kicked ass that match.
  20. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    headset ordered.

now I just need a night off :deal