Looking for someone to join me on Baja trip Jan 1

Discussion in 'Americas' started by des275, Dec 4, 2011.

1. des275

des275 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I just picked up this Dakar and I have the month on January to explore Baja. Anyone interested in meeting or joining me? I will be leaving from San Francisco on the 1st or 2nd and plan to stay the entire month. I have no problems going solo but thought Id ask.

PS I have searched posts regarding baja and other people going down there but it looks like the dates dont line up.

Attached Files:

• des.jpg
      des.jpg
      File size:
      53.9 KB
      Views:
  2. rnrdozer

rnrdozer RNRDozer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We will be headed down close to the same time.we are leaving Chico,Ca on the 5th then catching the supercross race in LA on the 7th. the morning of the 8th we plan to enter Baja through Tecate then we have until the 28th to be back in San Francisco. Let me know if you would like to meet up somewhere
  3. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    I'll be crossing on Dec 28 or 29th to Baja so a few days ahead of you. Maybe we could meet up and do some riding?

Cheers
  4. des275

des275 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dozer- Judging by your previous ride report I am sure we would have a blast down there.

lex- How much time do you have for your trip?

I am leaving San Francisco on the first and I will be taking my time as I have a month. So maybe we can meet up in the northern area of Baja. Do you have any idea on how to coordinate once in Baja?
  5. rnrdozer

rnrdozer RNRDozer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A rough outline of our schedule is as follows.
    Mikes skyranch Jan 8th
    Gonzaga Bay 9th
    San Francisquito 10th
    San Ignacio 11th
    Loreto 12th
    La Paz 13th, 14th, 15th
    Cabo 16th

then back up until the 28th, we have our southbound trip pretty much nailed down as far as a route. as much dirt as possible!! headed back up is still in planning. PM me if you would like to exchange emails, If not have fun down there!!
  6. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    I'm going for 5 weeks but not too sure if I will stay in Baja or ride to Belize. Just going to take things day by day. First time there for me:killen But yes we should meet up...........maybe San Felipe?
  7. chinchinete

chinchinete Learning to fly

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are doing two up . Hope to be in Baja Jan 3-5 then head down to DF, Belice and Costa Ricsa. In fact, we are uhauling our bike to San Frnacisco next friday 16th. Then continue down on the motrocycle. Let me know.

Cheers
  8. des275

des275 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey chinchin-
    Give me a call when you get to town. 415 599 9292
  9. AK Smitty

AK Smitty Self life coach

Oddometer:
    I am getting my bike serviced in San Diego on the 12 or 13th and then heading south. I am shooting for Cabo on the 22nd. This is my first Mexico trip and having people to ride with off and on would be a plus. Storing the bike in Cabo for two weeks and then come back to it for a month off. If I can get shipping out of CR figured out I will go there. If not maybe a Guatemala/Belize loop

Thx
  10. chinchinete

Oddometer:
    I live in CR. If you make it there and need some help, just send me an email.
  11. chinchinete

Oddometer:
    Sure we'll call. We hope to be in SF around next Monday or Tuesday.:evil
  12. shortcutsmc

shortcutsmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    crossing at San Louis about 100 AM 18, JAN,San Felipe, 19th at Gonzaga,20th at LA Bay,21 San Fransiscito,22nd Santa Rosalia, probably 23rd San Juanico,24th Loreto,25th at Villa Insurgentes or Constitucion then head back North. 4 guys (3 campers, 1 moteler):freaky