Looking For Bike Rental In Corscia

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by Sparke, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Sparke

Sparke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just returned home to the USA form a european trip that included 4 days on Corsica. I thought the riding was great and I am anxious to return. I rode a 1200 GS I rented in Munich and ferried over. While I was there I noticed several places that rented small bore dirt bikes, 125-150ccs. Does anyone know if there at any larger dual sport type bikes 450-650ccs available for rentals on Corsica.
  2. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
  3. CourtFisher

CourtFisher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If larger dual sports aren't available on Corsica, you can rent from Nice,

e.g., http://www.holiday-bikes.com/en/06_Alpes-Maritimes.html

then 2 hr hydrofoil vehicle ferry from Nice to Bastia to start a Corsica ride.
  4. Scapadu

Scapadu Motomaniac

Oddometer:

Saluti;

Sure you can get a larger dual sport Bike rental in Corsica. Here is a link to the Travel report of a inmate i helped a bit to get started with his bike rental in Corsica. May be you can get in touch directly with him on the subject, his own experience can be much more than anything i will tell you.
    All i can say is i knew this rental agency prior to his request and he did validated that this is a plce to trust.
    "Corsica Moto Rent" was his rental agency.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277389
  5. Sparke

Sparke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scapadu-

Thanks for the info. I am continueing the search.. will contact HighwayChile on the subject.
  6. CourtFisher

CourtFisher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi Scapadu,
    thanks again for the help!

the place a rented from also had several very good shape Transalps, with large rack ( i cant remember if they had luggage) . my DR650 was quite beat but ran well.

what a great area, for me a DRZ400 SM would be perfect, but no one rents that. actually I may go for 125 if its well set up next time as the D roads are so narrow and twisty and w/o a clear view of whats ahead ( like much of the riding ) you cant go too fast. N roads you can open it up. also I'd like to spend a couple of days bumming around on the narrow gauge train. i did see one ducati hyper motard, yeowzer! I rode one at home that would be cool, but its not rented. i didnt see anyone from north america when there, on bikes all french, german, english. fun times.

if your going through Nice you must stop at this bar, run by and frequented by corsicans, let em know you were on the island, what great people.
    from my ride report......
    "after dinner in Nice out wondering aimlessly ( too bad I cant get a job at it as its what I do best) I hit a quiet alley bar, playing some blues, not some
    pop garbage, yeah. turns out the owner is Corsican, and had plenty of buddies there, Corsicans all. My wine glass was never empty, I was treated to Corsican Cheese, Meats, just an awesome time. it is Le Pacha K'fe, 8/10 rue du Cdt Raffalli, Nice, live music on weekends.

The owner Apain plans to go back and open a hotel, camp area, I told him it would be good to cater to Moto riders, he's planning on running boat trips to. I'll stay in touch. great group of guys"

I bought the costco speak french DVD ( though they're not french on Corsica) it helped but I was far from fluent, , I'll study more next time.
    I'll dig up rental info, man I love it there!
    Mike