Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is a photo of the light Mount for the Premium Quality Long Range LED's. This mount is very robust, swivels left? right as well as up and down

[​IMG]
  2. Ol'NumNuts

Ol'NumNuts A Bloke and his Akita- Flynn

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I noticed on the shop Mule you have a LED light bar mounted as well as the spots.
    Care to comment how this might work as a short distance flood 'fill light' to complement the spots. I'm a little surprised this hasn't been mentioned through the thread?
    I know pics of lights at night are problematic, but the pics in the field with the 100 ft markers do offer a reasonable comparison???
    In heavy bush, at night, I want a bright wide light so I can see a little around corners, up above and indeed down below. It can be pretty daunting coming to a steep drop-off at night. I want to see right in front and below- not just what's way down the road...
    Bright long spots are pretty useless on tight trails, but you sure look for them as soon as it opens up a little. Really, there is need for both...
    Care to comment?
  3. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Your absolutely correct. I personally do a lot of night riding/racing. 24 hr racing has been our specialty.
    There is a need for long range and a flood like pattern. One main reason we offer many different beam patterns. On my personal bike I run all 10 deg beams, If I'm riding trail at night I use a helmet mounted light like our Solstice HID, This gives me a light that I can use for low speed tight trails as well as fast fire road riding. Very few big bike ADV riders will buy into a helmet mounted light.
    Nothing beats that setup. It is also a 10 deg beam, however do to the fact that it is helmet mounted you can see where you look and no flood is necessary.
    For the guy who mistakenly thinks helmet mounted lights are not needed then a flood pattern will help in tighter conditions.
    The light beams of the light bars or other lights we have include 10, 25, 40, and 60 deg beam patterns.
    One light will not work for all conditions. Aiming the lights you do have properly will help quite a bit for any given situation.
  4. murphyKTM

murphyKTM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got my 10degree light.
    I found it well made, seems robust, mount good and light patten very even with no dark spots.
    Im a happy camper.
  5. Ol'NumNuts

Ol'NumNuts A Bloke and his Akita- Flynn

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Sorry, I added the following EDIT to my post above only to discover we had 'crossed' messages...
    So, I have moved it here...

EDIT:
    BTW... I'm down in Australia... We definitely need the long spots- wouldn't do long night rides without them. Sometimes a kangaroo will just plant itself on the road... But mostly they forage at the roadside and hop out at the last moment. Most drivers don't see them and say, "it just appeared from nowhere" after a strike...
    So, you have my attention re: the spots but I'm looking for a 'total light solution' which would include 3 equally important aspects:
    1) Long range spots (tick)
    2) Wide Angle low height Flood (?) (hint: like the Ol' 'fog lamps'- but wider)
    3) Short range "wall" of light- like 120 degrees 'in all directions' light (?)

Now we're talking serious lighting solutions....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, that helmet light is definitely something I hadn't considered (or even seen before) but I will consider it...

Still have a need for a low wide flood to spot the suicide roo's before they ruin my day...

You got me thinking about the helmet light...
    I'm a builder and in winter we start work before sunup so for the first hour or so I actually wear a headlamp. Same with pack-up after dark. I've been doin this for a few years now and was definitely one of the first, locally anyway. I used to cop a ribbing- but now I see even websites and tv shows wearing them...

So, there you go. You're speaking to the converted- just have to get my head round wearing one on the bike. Yes, I appreciate your HID is probably a gazillions times the output- just have to adjust to the concept- but I like it!

If you read my comments re: suicide roo's you will begin to appreciate that in my neck of the woods a 'low wide flood' is a MUST HAVE and there is no way any helmet light will satisfy this requirement... I would be sending myself stupid and dizzy constantly swinging side to side...

The helmet light may well satisfy point 3) above, but point 2) remains unanswered...
  6. kimokk

kimokk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody know how these lights compare to the Kristas? Thanks!
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Funny to hear your experiences with head mounted lights.
    I can remember distinctly being laughed at durring trade shows etc when we introduced the first Motorsports specific Helmet mounted light. Now 10 years later, we have been copied by others and a helmet mounted light is now the norm for off road night racing.
    I wear mine anytime I'm off road at night, In fact I turn my bike mounted lights off while on a trail, they are far too distracting with them bouncing everywhere. When using a helmet mounted light your on the gas while the rider without one is still trying to find the corner. They do work best in a trail type environment. On more open roads I enjoy not feeling like I'm in a dark tunnel and I do see wildlife on the sides of the road that would have never be seen without it.
    We offer several beam angles on bike mounted lights from 10 up to 60 deg. beyond that the forward light is very diminished.
    But some may desire wider focal points.
    We do offer very wide angle work type LEDs that are becoming very popular with Commercial Fisherman and other places where you need high powered Low draw Area lighting. Toyhaulers and trailers,Farming and Off grid living are just a few of the applications.
  8. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Murphy.. I hope your healing fast!!!
  9. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Still waiting... Bump.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
  11. Nailhead

Nailhead Puck Futin Supporter

Oddometer:
    I must have missed it, but what is the light's housing made of?
  12. twinrider

Oddometer:
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    6061 diecast Alu. Tough as nails.
  14. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Sorry.. We always do offer an ADV rider discount on any of our products.
  15. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Just saw your generous 12% discount. :clap
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank You We do the best we can..
  17. Nailhead

Nailhead Puck Futin Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ooohh...:tb
  18. Rustykfd

Rustykfd IBA #483

Oddometer:
    I received my pair of singles today.

2 days from phone call to on my doorstep, impressive.

These lights are substantial, I was really surprised when I opened the box. The beam is very tight and sure does punch out there. I have explored a lot of lights and have never seen a LED that has this kind of throw. It goes to show that the reflector is where throw comes from and this light has a reflector like none I have seen. I will report back once I have them wired up and go for a ride.

The wiring harness is much more stout than any other harness I have seen. It comes with nice watertight connectors, fuse, switch(not sealed) generally really well put together. I did find the wires from the relay (sealed by the way) to the light to be short for my installation, which is on the crash bars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Good info Rusty. If I get these lights they will also be going on the engine guards so plug and play wire length would be good, as would a sealed switch. Looking forward to your ride review.
  20. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice LED driving lights.:clap

Is the PWM dimmer available yet? Does the bracket (shown on your web site picture) that's mounted on the LED come with the kit? It looks to me like it will swivel. If this is the case will it swivel, so as to make the mounting point location on the back of the housing instead of the bottom as pictured?

Thanks!