Jacket/Pants for a Larger Guy

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Whec716, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Whec716

Whec716 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone,

I bought a Rev'it Defender XXL jacket and it's nice . . . nice and snug. Also a little disappointed that the snap closer on the collar came off already.

That being said, I'm really looking for some suggestions for some pants. I'm 6'1, 240lbs. I want something for adventure riding. Something that isn't to hot for the Texas summers, but something that will protect me if my bike and I decide to unexpectedly part ways on a trip.

I appreciate your help
  2. atravlr

atravlr www.atasecuretravel.com

Oddometer:
    I am a large dude myself. Olympia large sizes run fairly big with lots of movement. Used the AST in S. America with cold rain and hot sun. No complaints.
  3. Whec716

Whec716 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you, I'll give them a try.
  4. Stratlanta

Stratlanta Flabby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I've got an Olympia jacket in either 3XL or 4XL that I really like. It fits well and is a high quality piece of gear. I believe it's a Moab. Olympia can be hard though because various jackets seem to fit differently even in the same sizes. Nice stuff though.
    I also have a bunch of Tourmaster gear that is very roomy for bigger guys. I've got a Sonora and a Transition and a pair of their mesh pants and they all fit really well. The sizing is pretty consistent too so once you find your size you are good. The quality isn't as high as Olympia or maybe FirstGear, but it's still good gear and the pricing is very reasonable. I still wear my TourMaster stuff more often than anything else.
    So that's my $0.02.... :-)