Xfinity to replace Speed channel with Fox sports 1

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Stinez, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    Xfinity just sent me this:

Jerks!!!
  2. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Sooo

Who is the jerks?

Fox for changing the network name from Speed to "Fox Sports 1"

It's not that you are "losing" Speed and other people are keeping it. Speed is going poof. Being replaced/rebranded as Fox Sports 1.
  3. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    Ohhh As you can see they didn't say anything about that. :deal

Cool!

I'm sorry that my rant rubbed you the wrong way. :deal
  4. SlowJoefromBako

SlowJoefromBako Aint livin long like

Oddometer:
    Fox canceled speed to air more football and UFC. I can't figure out who could be watching this crap. When was the last time you watched two bloody guys roll around and said this is cool? The best channel on tv is now one of the worst enjoy.
  5. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Oh boy! More UFC! I just wasn't getting my fill on the other 189 channels that have UFC. :fpalm
  6. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    SPeed has sucked for the last few years with their contrived game shows loosely based around some lame faction of "car culture". They ceased to show anything of note for the last few years. a decade ago, I ran a cable subscription and a satellite subscription just to have Speedvision to this year I can't remember the last time I even turned it on to see what was playing. Sad to see it go, but it's been a downhill slide ever since Fox picked it up and changed it to Speed from Speedvision. Clearly at that point, the loss of vision went well beyond the name.
  7. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    Yea, you used to be able to watch all kinds of cool stuff on Speed. They had tons of bike racing, WRC, boat and snowmobile racing.......then it slowly turned into mostly shit.
  8. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Um, me? And I enjoy it?
  9. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    I was looking at racing coverage and noticed a few programs on a channel I wasn't familiar with (DirecTV Ch. 214). Did a little looking and found this:

http://www.mavtv.com/

Corona, California - August 14, 2013 – MAVTV American Real is receiving a new channel assignment on the DirecTV system. Effective August 17, 2013 MAVTV will be moving from Channel 219 to Channel 214.
    "We are moving towards adding more and more motorsports, especially grassroots motorsports to our line-up," says Bob Patison President of MAVTV American Real. "This new Channel position on DirecTV Channel 214 places the network in the center of 'action sports' programming with Channel 213 the MLB Network and Channel 215 the NHL Network and will work well for us going forward."
    MAVTV brings DirecTV subscribers programming they won't find anywhere else. With the recent rebranding of SPEEDTV to Fox Sports 1, MAVTV is now the must-have network for racing and motorsports fans. MAVTV offers the widest coverage of grassroots racing and special events on every surface, including Endurocross, Late Model Dirt, Off Road, Red Bull World Rally, Chili Bowl, Pro Pulling League, Drag Boat Racing and more.
    MAVTV American Real is the fastest growing independently owned network in America and is already on-air in 27 million households and targeting 50 million households in the next two years.

I hope it is a viable replacement of Speed. (For instance - Best in the Desert (2013) - Parker is on tonight on ch. 214 tonight)
  10. GearedUp

GearedUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speed is now Fox1 and Fuel is now Fox2 seems they are still brodcasting the previously schedualed stuff as I found the motocross racing still on the same channels, just with a new name.
  11. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    IMO, you are incorrect. Speed is no longer. At least on DirecTV.

It was enveloped by Fox1, and went from 607 to 219, which now is your one stop sports network that specializes in UFC, NFL, NASCAR, GOLF, Soccer and what the wife of (you pick them) posted on twitter yesterday. Not racing.....
  12. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great, just GREAT.....

Used to be that Speed was 95% NASCRAP and an occasional bike race

SOLD

Now Fox whatever-the-fuck-they-call-it-now is 95% of two people beating the crap out of each other and an occasional bike race

Much MUCH better than new :huh:huh:huh
  13. Old Blue

Old Blue Shallow waterman

Oddometer:
    This. Racing will end up bring marginalized for the stupid blood sports.

What a shame.
  14. JTB488

JTB488 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ch 214 :thumb:thumb
  15. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    I flipped by it last night and they had poker on fer fuck's sake.

POKER!!!:baldy