GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADV Rider Clan... We here at GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs wanted to thank you and our friends at Tucker Rocky Motor Sports Distributors for all of your consideration and support for our pressurized hydration technology. All of the critiques and testing that you've been doing on GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs around the world is being heard and adopted. A recent trip report from us: Thanks again for your support and communication guys...

NEWS - GEIGERRIG - Best New Product at the 2011 Winter Outdoor Retailer Show - 3M's In-New-Vation Award in the Hard Goods Category (www.GEIGERRIG.com)

February 2, 2011 (Ogden, Utah) – In celebration of the most outstanding new products, companies and ideas of the 2011 Winter Outdoor Retailer Market, SNEWS and the 3M Corporation presented the inaugural IN-NEW-VATION Award for the Hard-Good Category to GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs.

Hydration and water use is the most important consideration for outdoor activity—activity that most often is enjoyed with friends, family and teammates. A hydration pack should make it easy and convenient for everyone to access and use water for all of its many purposes. GEIGERRIG, with its “Never Suck Again” tagline, has introduced a simple, pressurized hydration system that sprays. It is no longer a requirement to suck the water out in order to access it.

With a GEIGERRIG Hydration Pack the water sprays out, providing a cleansing rinse for body and gear, an opportunity to share water without sucking on nasty bite valves, and a hands-free hydration system that is truly effortless and that does not disrupt breathing or aerobic activity. Because of this incredible convenience for water access, GEIGERRIG reports that people that carry a GEIGERRIG tend to use about 50% more water than when they carry a traditional hydration pack. This means greater hydration and performance.

With greater water use, comes the need to refill more often. GEIGERRIG even addresses this issue with an in-line filter that snaps in and out of the drinking tube. On the go, the user of a GEIGERRIG can dip their Hydration Engine into a stream, river, creek or pond and just keep on moving. The pressurized system pushes the water through the filter as it travels through the drink tube. This means more access to more water.

And don’t worry about refilling with the dirty stream water. The GEIGERRIG, unlike so many hydration packs, is oh so easy to clean. Thanks to GEIGERRIG’s connection with Hydrapak and their patented slide top, the GEIGERRIG Hydration Engines turn inside out for cleaning in the top shelf of a dish washer or for rinsing out and hanging to air-dry in a tree.

Mike Atkinson, Former Navy SEAL and Owner of Trident Tactical/Technical, said “Other than ammunition, radios and weapons, water can be the heaviest thing we carry. And, it has so many necessary uses. The GEIGERRIG system finally makes it easy to access, use, and share the water while also getting the hands-free benefit of a hydration pack. The plug-and-play, on-the-go, in-line filtration unit is on the money. Greater access to water… Much easier use of water… A pressurized spray… All without additional weight or any sacrifice of capacity in your pack. It looks like a no-brainer. It was my product of choice as well--for both the Shot Show and Outdoor Retailer show.”

Dennis Brown, COO of Aquamira Technologies, Inc. commented, “We were excited to be involved in the in-line filtration capability of the GEIGERRIG. The GEIGERRIG pressurized hydration engine opens a whole new world for the performance of in-line filters for hydration packs. It greatly enhances the convenience of personal water filtration and improves the access to more water sources for hydration pack users.”

In just six months, GEIGERRIG has plowed deep into the market with over 300 retail doors carrying this new product and distributors opening internationally. Retailers in motor sports, running, biking, boating, kayaking, skiing, fishing, hunting, camping, and emergency preparedness have found GEIGERRIG an important product.

Steve Johnson, President, CEO, Tucker Rocky Distributing – The Leading Motor Sports Distributor in the United States said, “We’re excited because GEIGERRIG offers so much to the world of hydration packs with virtually no additional cost. With a RIG on your back you can spray off your gear, spray off your face, share without sucking on a nasty bite valve, filter water from a stream, turn the hydration engine inside out for cleaning….and the packs are tough as nails. We’re also pleased that GEIGERRIG is dedicated to supporting retailers by not selling direct and by offering 100% of their on-line orders to 100% of the dealers who carry GEIGERRIG products. GEIGERRIG packs are a good fit for the power-sports market.” - Steve Johnson, President, CEO, Tucker Rocky Distributing.

GEIGERRIG packs can be purchased by consumers at www.GEIGERRIG.com, and the order will be fulfilled by a GEIGERRIG retailer. The Hydration Engines have a lifetime warranty for leakage, and the packs have a 2 year warranty. (Visit www.GEIGERRIG.com to see footage of the new GEIGERRIG Hydration Engine surviving the blast of a bomb placed inside a GEIGERRIG pack.)

GEIGERRIG – Providing convenient and optimal use for the water in your pack and the water you find along the way.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuOMtEw1JM4" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    My frustration with my camelback is the effort required to aspirate the water from the bladder via the tube and valve. First you have to bite on the valve to open it, then you have to suck in to drink. A pressurized system such as yours seems like the ideal solution...

I'm going to do some more reading on your site and come back with with a few questions.

The first question would be regarding the optional filter, so you don't need to find potable water to refill the bladder, you can refill from a stream and drink? :ear

Would you be able to post videos demonstrating the drinking system in action?

:lurk
  3. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the interest and for the questions. The question about filtration is a common one because the in-line "Filters" often discussed by traditional hydration pack companies are simply "bad taste" removers and not real filters. The reason for this is because it is very difficult to suck water through a real filter. The President of KATADYN filters was very encouraged to see the GEIGERRIG and our in-line filtration because KATADYN has worked on in-line filters for Hydration Packs, but has had limited traction in that area because of the limitations presented by having to suck the water through the tube and in-line filter. The GEIGERRIG in-line filter is a real filter. It removes 99.9% of Giardia, 99.9% of Crypto and 99.9% of bacteria. It is rated for 50 gallons of filtration. So... Yes, the GEIGERRIG in-line filter works in streams, rivers, ponds, lakes, etc.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8s9B7f7Ou8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There are many videos available at our website that show the spray action of the GEIGERRIG. I am posting this one because it also discusses some other issues about pack weight and pack capacity. You will see that you can get a strong, long-lasting spray from the GEIGERRIG hydration engine.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mhf5StB0U2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very interesting :D
  6. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    These two videos provide an understanding of how the GEIGERRIG engine is configured and shows just how long-lasting is the spray and pressure. (The spray is adjustable depending on the amount desired and the pressure applied.)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X7dVw9NEx_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QCQ4lEH9PIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This videos shows how easy it is to clean the GEIGERRIG. Turns inside out for cleaning in the top shelf of the dish washer. (GEIGERRIG Hydration Engines have a lifetime warranty on leakage.)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kl1SHtYrNZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
  9. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All GEIGERRIG products can be purchased at www.GEIGERRIG.com. We do not directly fulfill the orders from our distribution center, but the order will be fulfilled to you from one of the 300 Retailer doors who currently carry GEIGERRIG products. When you get to the home-page of www.GEIGERRIG.com, click on "ALL PRODUCTS", and shop around. There are several pack styles and pack sizes.

If you have any questions about any of the packs, feel free to e-mail me directly at bob@hubcityoutdoor.com, and we'll reply. You can also call our office at 801-823-3336; or, post your questions here, and we'll reply.
  10. GB

Oddometer:
    This is very impressive, how the pressurization doesn't occupy more space in the backpack. I'm thinking I could put the water bladder in my tank bag and drink on the go.. I always had trouble having to get the valve of the regular unpressurized camelback past the helmet's chinbar and into my mouth before I could suck the water.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mhf5StB0U2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    So far I think it looks pretty sweet, especially how much easier the bladder is to clean. I replace bladders more often than should be neccesary simply because I procrastinate on cleaning them. I do have one question I can't seem to find the answer to though. Can you activate the valve by biting? I get the benefits of being able to spray without the need to put it in your mouth. But it seems like if your wearing a full face helmet your going to want to be able to get the end of the tube in your mouth. I think I'll be adding one onto our next Tucker Rocky order to check it out first hand.
  12. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Hydration Engine responds both to biting and pinching.

If you look at the bite valve, it looks very similar to other bite valves. However, the bite valve of the GEIGERRIG is designed to handle the pressure. Therefore it doesn't leak.

(The bite valve also has an "on" and "off" position should you choose to use this feature. Not necessary though as the bite valve holds back the pressure until activated by biting and pinching.)
  13. See-Double-You

See-Double-You Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty smart. I'm guessing a lot of the big brands are saying: why didn't we think of that?
  14. GeckoRider

GeckoRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oakland, CA, USA, Thrid Rock from the Star Sol
    Looks very similar to how we pressurize bags of saline in the hospital to rapidly infuse them via IV or to create a "high pressure" system when connected to an arterial vessel. Good idea.
  15. dogen

dogen certified JB welder

Oddometer:
    I contacted Gadget Boy for the promo code. I went through the steps to buy a hydration pack and when I entered the code I only got a 1 cent discount and no filter. Therefore I decided not to buy it. I'm guessing I didn't get the filter because I only ordered the "hydration engine" and not the full pack set up.
  16. ADV Fool

ADV Fool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This looks like a really good product. I ordered the 500 and entered the promo code provided by GB. I too got the .1 cent off the regular price, I'm hopeful that the filter combo comes with the pack when delivered. I will be excited to use this pack and ditch my current "Suck System"!!!!!!

ADV Fool
  17. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    The same here. I am hoping to get the promo in the mail because there is no sign of it on the site.

E.S.

18. GB

Oddometer:

As per my PM to you, the promo code is for any RIG, you're not going to get a $43 bonus item for buying only the hydration bladder, a $48 item. That's my understanding anyway, if Bob says otherwise, it's up to him.

I don't think the item is added to your shopping cart but it's registered so you should be getting it. I'll let Bob comment on this.
  19. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Gadget Boy,

I had the same problem. Entered the code but there is nothing about the promo on my receipt. I ordered RIG 500 as well.

E.S.
  20. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just placed my order for a RIG 500. If it does work as advertised I can see our family having a few more. Thanks GB!!!!!