NOTAM - Notice to Motorcyclists - Driver harassing MCs Globe Arizona

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by wadenelson, Jan 13, 2015.

1. wadenelson

wadenelson Rider/Writer

Oddometer:
    NOTICE TO MOTORCYCLISTS

Two days ago a driver of a large, red, jacked up pick-up truck sporting one or two orange "whip" fiberglass flags attached to the rear bumper made what APPEARS to be a deliberate attempt to injure or kill motorcyclists riding with the Knights of Columbus in Miami/Globe Arizona.

Local police apparently know who the driver is, based on their choice of words and phrasing when a call was placed to the Globe, Arizona police department. A follow-up / callback is scheduled for this morning.

At a stoplight the driver of the pickup "split" the group of motorcyclists, one of whom reports that "had I not flinched, pulled my elbow in, I'd be dead right now" AND that the driver was doing "in excess of 60mph" in a 25mph zone. Assuming the truck was ALREADY in pursuit by police it was then seen completely blowing through the NEXT redlight somewhere near the 188 turnoff.

My riding partner reports being visibly shaken, and felt it was "The nearest to death I have ever come on a motorcycle." Moreover he AND the rest of the group are 100% CONVINCED it was intentional on the part of the driver of the red pickup. (Dodge?)

Although at least one unofficial member of the group was reportedly armed, a decision was made NOT to pursue and "school" the driver in favor of allowing law enforcement first crack at him.

Please be on the lookout for this pickup truck in the Superior/Miami/Globe Arizona region, east of Phoenix, along Highway 60 and report any ADDITIONAL incidents/ harassment of motorcyclists both here, with any additional vehicle details, and to the Globe police department.

If any of you know who this clown is, or have had previous encounters with him/her.... (928) 425-5751 (Globe Police Department)

[​IMG]
  2. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the police know who the guy is and there is enough witnesses to have a good case.

I tried googling the original story but couldn't find it.
  3. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    If you haven't already, you might post this in the West forum as it includes AZ. :deal
  4. wadenelson

wadenelson Rider/Writer

Oddometer:
    See updated post in WEST including improved truck description, etc.
  5. wadenelson

wadenelson Rider/Writer

Oddometer:
    This IS the original story. I just posted it this morning.
  6. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Out of curiosity.. was this a Harley type group ride?
  7. Wudscrasher

Wudscrasher Stand-Up Philosopher

Oddometer:
    Why the hell does that matter?
  8. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    DId I say that it did?

In any event, yes. First, we have one guy's version of events, in the 3rd person no less. Facts are scarce. Second, up here in Ned we deal with the Harley crowd on the highways all summer long. More times than I can count I've watched a dozen of these guys strech out long enough that no one can pass the group, and close enough you can't pass them individually either. They then sit there at 10-20 under the speed limit and flip off traffic behind them. When someone does go to pass, they'll screw with them and toss shit at their cars. I don't identify with them as motorcyclists in the slightest way.

It doesn't make it right when a cager flips his lid back on these guys, but it doesn't make it surprising either.
  9. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
    I think this group is a Christian organization and probably not out to deliberately cause trouble. Although, I have seen a few Christians show an aggressive cager that God is number 1.
  10. SaharaJp99

SaharaJp99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love passing those guys on the dirt bikes covered in mud on full knobbies!
  11. Sig_Sour

Sig_Sour Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bp6iAsWle0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Some clubs ride in a manner that begs for harassment.

Given the details we have from the OP, this case does not sound to be in a vein of asshattery.
  12. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
  13. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    That's pretty entertaining :lol3 the OP was gettin allot of love over there too.
  14. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
    the F word episode.. was classic. I have nothing against Harleys (except the loud ones):1drink
  15. AtomicGeo

AtomicGeo a lo macho

Oddometer:
  16. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    First, I live nowhere near Globe Arizona. I drove through there once, and not likely to ever do so again. No sense in getting my dander up over this incident - let the locals handle it.

Secondly, I've got a habit of being very friendly and demonstrative to 'cagers' when I ride. Nice gestures like waving, blowing kisses and patting my heart helps me make friends.... and friendly strangers don't want to run me over. On rare occasion, where a driver does something stupid and dangerous to me, mocking them in front of other drivers seems the best 'revenge'. The horns on my Duck are rated at 136DB.... that's LOUD. Lotsa folks these days have cell-phone cameras, and some will call the cops for me voluntarily..... while I have a good laugh.

Life is short. Mock the dips*its, and keep on going. It's more fun that way.