A buddie is looking at sym,lance & peace sport?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by dean-o, Aug 8, 2013.

1. dean-o

dean-o Dabs often

Oddometer:
    Good & bad on these brands?
    Dean
  2. AMAC1680

AMAC1680 Outdoorsman, advocate, paraplegic

Oddometer:
    If the Lance is 2010 or newer it is made by SYM a well respected Taiwanese company. The Peace scooters are mainland china products. Some sre better then others.

I would stick with the SYM, Lance or Kymco scooters.

Be Big,
    AMACCINI
  3. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Before I bought the Agility 125 I almost went for the Lance PCH 125. I actually think the Lance PCH 125 has a bit more style the Agility 125. However I could not do it because we only have 1 Lance dealer in the area and its not in an easy part of town. From my research I was confident it would be a bullet proof product but still the lack of a dealer network killed it. So that is something to think about.
  4. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    SYM is good. Lance used to be Chinese junk, but they have apparently been taken over by SYM. I have never seen a PCH125, but a local dealer has been selling the Lance "Cali-Classic" 125 for a while now, and they seem to be holding up pretty well. Peace is Chinese junk, pretty much the same as Roketa. They are cheap, and if you know how to set them up and maintain them, you might get a few thousand miles out of one. But SYM and Kymco are in a whole different league.
  5. dean-o

dean-o Dabs often

Oddometer:
    That's the top of her list - & someone had shown her a 110 Honda scooter - lots of choices for her first roadworthy scooter for trips with her gear to the ball park... Looking for suggestions : )
    Sell her your pink scooter!
    Dean
  6. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry out Buddy is neither pink nor for sale. Ours is a 2006 originally cream but since it has been a daily rider for teenage boys my oldest swapped out some panels to make it two tone with black. Great little scoot that has been extremely reliable with only 2 non-maintenance issues in the 7 years we've owned it. First was a broken mirror - my son put it on the center stand too close to a brick wall and cracked the mirror. The second was a loose horn wire - probably happened when he switched the front cowling. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
  7. blugg1

blugg1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SYM is in a whole different league. My 2012 HD 200 is liquid cooled, the bore is ceramic coated with a 4 valve head. Fit and finish is superb. You can cruise at freeway speeds (65-75) or just putt around town. 70mpg. I've been riding motorcycles for 50 years - the good, the bad, and the ugly - and this SYM is near the top of the good list.
  8. WR_guy

WR_guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    96' Dr650 - 200 wr400f street legal -- Hot xr50
    SYM makes the Cali Classic in Taiwan. The other Lance models are made in China.

SYM is as good or better than any scooter on the road.

The HD200 is a particularly fine machine.