BMW Navigator GPS on GSW

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by labenske, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    These Junction View's are typically only found on Interstate Highways or major State Highways. They automatically display when you have an active Route/Trip and are approaching your turn.

Most of the time on other major/minor highways you will only get the Lane Assist in the upper-left of the Map screen.
  2. advlust

advlust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate your help. I just ordered the Sena handlebar remote to sort the control aspect which BMW failed to contract Garmin for to work with the wonder wheel.
  3. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    I am unfamiliar with this item. Not to take us off topic, but what does this thing do?
  4. JetSpeed

JetSpeed Naviator

Oddometer:
    http://www.sena.com/product/controls/handlebarremote/

In a nutshell; the Sena handlebar remote has all the same buttons and features found on the 20S, 10C and 10U BT devices, the remote makes it so you can operate the Sena device without reaching up for the buttons on the helmet mounted unit.
  5. asnowmobiler

asnowmobiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive been waiting for the handle bar controller to come out for a few months. Once I get my 20s back from SENA, and if it works as it should, I will get the handle bar remote.
  6. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    No, but it only works on highways, not city streets.
  7. BikeWraith

BikeWraith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I have managed to get my my Sena 20s, Nav 5 and BB (Ya there are still a few of us) paired and working. I believe the connections are correct. The Sena reports the Nav5 as "phone connected". The Nav5 is reporting a HFP and A2DP connection (at least I assume that's what the 2 icons mean).

The problem is that the "speed dial" and "redial" functions of the 20s don't work. I've tested direct phone pairing and it works in that case.

Any idea? Is this normal?

thx
  8. wonderings

wonderings Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the Nav V faster then the Zumo 660? Talking about just general use. My Zumo is not slow, but seems like some things seem a bit laggy. Or does the Nav V use pretty much the same hardware as the Zumo just with different software?
  9. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nav 5 is certainly faster than 660/Nav 4 and Zumo 550.
    Better,more visible screen too.

JR356
  10. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't try the speed dial, I think you can set up 3, right? My SENA is the SMH 5-FM.

I was able to pair the BB and Nav V and use voice commands for anything in my address book along with manual operation of the NAV V MP3 and the SENA radio.

Did have some trouble with the microphone at first (I could voice dial and hear, but no one could hear me except the SENA). The fix was deleting all pairs, factory reboot and update of the SENA.

Another problem is that the BB is courtesy of US Taxpayers and locks out after a preset time, so I don't use it. Never really wanted phone while riding anyway...

BTW - Have you found weather and other NAV V APS for the BB?
  11. pazzo

pazzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did a little experimenting with a route created in Basecamp (Mac) and imported into the Nav V. I deviated from the route a few times and it picked it up within a minute or 2.
  12. offtheback

offtheback Chocolate Starfish Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used mapinstall to install the southwest 24k topo maps to my sd card and it is not showing up under installed maps. Any help on how to get this to work with Nav V would be appreciated..

Greg
  13. BikeWraith

BikeWraith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

Ya I don't really care about the phone either, I'm not making (or taking) calls when riding. Just my OCD wanting to make sure the setup was "perfect".

I haven't looked for weather etc. Its a work BB and locked down so I expect I wouldn't be able to install anyways.....
  14. Rocky TFS

Rocky TFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's odd, it should be easy. First thing to do is look at the SD card with Explorer and see if the map files are there along with the unlock files, if needed by those particular maps.

If they are all there and the device still does not recognize them delete all of them manually and start over. Did you start MapInstall from BaseCamp? Did you check to see if MI is the latest version?

Anything else on the SD card that you know works normally? If it's a fresh card just dump some text file to it to be sure it's writing and reading OK.
  15. offtheback

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rocky. I am also going to try formatting the card and start over. I didn't format it first and will take it from there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  16. offtheback

Oddometer:
    The format was wrong. FAT is what is supported, not eFAT

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  17. bobcowin

bobcowin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Nav V Recently started asking me if I want to switch to Automobile mode every time I turn it on. When it's stand alone I expect that, but it's mounted on the BMW mount, the magic wheel works, etc., so it knows it's on a motorcycle. How can I stop this?

Thanks.
  18. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    There is no way that I'm aware of. I recommend sending Garmin Tech Support a note.
  19. bobbybob

bobbybob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Start driving the car. :1drink

Sorry, I don't know but I'd try factory reset.
  20. Pch123

Pch123 Bar Crossings

Oddometer:
    check in settings if you have "automobile" selected as the profile.