My Garage Of Doom.

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by Lornce, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pete, that's some of the best racing I've seen in several years. It was like an object lesson in some of Erik Buell's more manic chassis obsessions. Eslick seemed able to put that bike wherever he wanted. Not a bad result in light of the the Buell's 30-odd horsepower deficit. Things will get interesting when EBR gets the engine to full potential. :nod

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/duUOXmlWk80?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol3
  2. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    I thought this was a thread about your Garage and the motorcycle projects you were doing......not a "Here's my favourite video" thread.....:huh
  3. Lornce

Oddometer:
    Nothing serious is going to happen in "the garage" until we move, Rob.

Perhaps of interest to you, snagged a sweet, heavy breathing 1250 top end for the S2 Buell. New in the box, no longer available Nikasil 1250 barrels and forged pistons, lumpy cams and Thunderstorm heads taken to "stage II" by one of the US's more reputable HD\Buell tuning gurus. Should be an interesting combination when it's complete.

Might be just the thing to wake that old boat up, eh, Rob. :brow

:augie

[​IMG]
  4. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    You're the one who nabbed that top-end kit over on Badweb?
  5. Lornce

Oddometer:
  6. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    Good deal on a very complete top-end. Congrats. :thumb

I have a set of brand-new Thunderstorms sitting here, waiting to go on MY S2 or I might have been tempted by that setup. What do you expect those cams to do to the power delivery?
  7. Lornce

Oddometer:
    Need to do a little research. Hardly ever rev that bike near red line, spend all my time in the midrange. If there's improvement in the midrange with the .536 cams, I'll use them.

The S2 currently has a '98 spec Thunderstorm top end with .497 cams, and for my purposes it's already plenty healthy. Have long considered a 1250 nikasil kit when it's time for an overhaul and didn't even know the nikasil kits were no longer offered by NRHS, so this is a happy coincidence.

Do you have T-Storm pistons and .497 cams to go along with your heads. Just the T-Storm pistons and heads with the S2's stock D-grind cams would be a nice torquey combination. That's how the last few years of the M2's were equipped and they had midrange galore.
  8. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    Old stuff and I think we discussed it over in one of the Buell threads (didn't want to hijack this thread). No, I don't have the correct pistons but the bike has the 1250 cylinders (Revolution Performance). I plan to buy new pistons and rings when I finally get off my butt to install the brand-new T-storm heads. I also have a 1998 Thunderstorm header and muffler to go with it.

The goal with that bike is maximum stealth: all the Buell Thunderstorm stuff but looking to the uninitiated like a showroom-stock Buell.

It's still an amazing bike, still my favorite in the stable and one or two more S2s are in my future. I just have to find the right one at something south of $5K. Really holding out for a clean Black Sapphire Pearl or Yellowjacket Pearl.
  9. Lornce

Oddometer:
    Vaguely recall a previous discussion re. your engine parts. I talk Buell with a lot of different people. And as these bikes are reatively "old world" to begin with, and approaching 20 years of age, I'm thinking it might be okay to discuss them here.

Just a heads up on your pursuit of "maximum stealth": That '98 spec 2-1\2" header won't clear your S2's aircleaner.

When I first mounted the T-Storm top end I used a stock '98 2-1\2" header and had to fit an S3 air cleaner to clear it.

Wasn't until fitting the Buell Factory Race pipe that I was able to refit the stock S2 air cleaner.

:thumb
  10. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    Already aware of that but, thanks. It's close though. I think I can make it work with a custom backing plate. Maybe scooch the plate a little up and a little forward, just a tiny change in the angle, and I think it will fit. At least that's what the measurements I took on the S1W's frame suggested.
  11. Lornce

Oddometer:
    A recent development. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For this, of course.

[​IMG]

Things be happening shortly.

:1drink
  12. Oddbawl

Oddbawl Born Ok the first time.

Oddometer:
    Wow. Awesome score. They just don't make upholstery like that anymore.
    Just don't smoke near it.
  13. Lornce

Oddometer:
    That couch is a thing of timeless glory. '60's all the way, baby. You should drive the '63 Comet down here just to recline on it.

Oddly, there's a connection between the couch and the fairing. The couch came from Bino's dad's place when he moved into a retirement home.
    The fairing came back to me from Bino's R100/7 when he sold it. I hadn't even remembered it was mine. Bino took care of the paint through one of the hundreds of people who seem to owe him a favour.

A win win.

When you drive down in the Comet bring your striping brushes and I'll pull the tape stripes off.

:deal
  14. Oddbawl

Oddometer:
    Sure thing. What are the stripes on the bike? Tape too?
  15. Lornce

Oddometer:
    The tins have painted stripes. They're not too bad.

[​IMG]
  16. bpeckm

bpeckm Grin!

Oddometer:
    :eek1

:evil N I C E ! !
  17. Oddbawl

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we'll match the fairing stripes to the tin ones, not the other way around.
  18. Lornce

Oddometer:
    A most generous and agreeable plan. Jack can school Gerry in proper Thomas Tank Engining. He brings those things to bed every night....
  19. Oddbawl

Oddometer:
    Proper Tank Engining? You mean putting them in a sock and beating me with them? If you really want...
    We have plenty more, don't buy any. Every time El Monstro finds another one he puts it aside for Gerry.

Scoopin' and Dumpin'...
  20. Lornce

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kb0kiiB3O-o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>