Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Evomx971

Evomx971 Wave as you fly over

Oddometer:
    I'm at 13,000 miles and just put in my 3rd air filter at $30 a pop, even with blowing it out a few times along the way. Way too hard to get to and too easy to get it really dirty, really fast. I ride a lot of off-road dirt bikes and on my KTM I've been really happy with the pre-filter they have. Works great in super dusty conditions and extends filter changes to at least twice as long. So I went and picked up a KTM pre-filter ($11.99 at my local shop), drilled some extra holes in the snorkel, treated the pre-filter with No-Toil oil, wrapped the snorkel with the pre-filter like a taco and zip-tied it in place. Should be way easier to clean the pre-filter and I'm guessing it'll block 90% of what would normally get to the filter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bilo likes this.
  2. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Nice!! :thumb
  3. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    NICE! Please keep updating, this is the kind of fix that I can get on board with.

-Tom
  4. Top Gun

Top Gun n00b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hey Guys,
    I've been lurking for a couple of years and thought I'd join up and show off my new bike. Traded in a 2008 KLR for this 2013 Tiger 800. Ordered in July and just came in last week. I wanted to wait for one in Explorer blue. I'm glad I waited.
    I test rode numerous bikes and did massive research (thanks to this site) before deciding the T800 would best fit my style of riding.

Accessories include Triumph factory front beak fender, radiator guard, crash bars, skid plate, larger windscreen, handguards, and headlight protector. Added Rox risers (these were a great addition), SW-Motech racks and the TraX boxes. Top rack and box yet to come. Still working through the break-in period before my first trip.
    Darrell
  5. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Congrats! I really like that blue.
  6. PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer:
    Blue=pretty!
  7. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Another NICE! :clap
  8. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great looking bike, Darrell! Welcome to the club!
  9. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:

A good mod. I thought about doing exactly that with a microfibre cloth (would be nice and thin to make it easier to get back into the bike) until I got the chance of getting the Unifilter without postage costs.
  10. henkew

henkew Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know a few of you have installed a PowerCenter 8. Did any of you install it in the battery housing area or is it too big? (The pics I've seen have it mounted under the seat.)
    Thanks!
  11. y0y02369

y0y02369 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darrell,

That is one BEAUTIFUL bike! i've been debating on that and the f800gs for a while. How does it feel riding wise??

thanks,
    Yohan
  12. viper770

viper770 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How does it feel to leave the old oil burner klr behind and ride a real bike welcome to the club i love my xc800 as well i got rid of my klr for a triumph 800xc and never looked back
  13. y0y02369

y0y02369 Long timer

Oddometer:
    i will know soon enough! another year till i graduate then that will be my present to myself! trading in the KLR for something smaller to play with in the dirt and then getting an 800xc! still a little edgy btwn the 800 and the 800 xc... why one over the other (for me i just like the looks better):D
  14. viper770

viper770 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wanted something smaller than my 800xc to play in the dirt and stuff so i bought a 2012 yamaha wr250r so between the yamha and the tiger im in complet bliss the xc will do everthing the regular 800 will do and even with the tkc80s my xc is awsome in the twistys as well it does every thing very well i bought my tiger 800xc brand new in april and i have over 17,000 miles on mine and still counting
  15. greasy rider

greasy rider adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the long post.

I took my t800xc in for the 6000 mile service yesterday. When leaving to today after picking the bike up i immediately notice that the check engine light came on and that the speedometer was reading zero at any speed. I promptly turned around and headed back to the dealer where they pulled it in the shop and started looking at it. They got back with after a half hour ( kudos for the quick diagnosis ) and this is the story i got. When they hooked the bike up to the computer to check for any codes and sync the throttle bodies the computer prompted for a tune update. The tech went ahead and let triumphs auto configuration program run and loaded the new tune. The explanation gets kind of fuzzy at this point,but in the end the non abs tune ended up on a abs bike and since the abs models pull the speed from the wheel sensors and not the crankcase sensor the tune isn't able to give the computer a vehicle speed. The computer also kicks a check engine light for a speed sensor fail because their isn't a speed sensor on the bike to read. The computer wont let them load the right tune so they are going to call triumph in the mourning to see what they can do. I planned on leaving for a 4day trip/vacation in the mourning and am now frustrated and need a drink.:becca
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    That sucks. Even though I do my own work I guess the same philosophy can be applied - give yourself a week or two between doing anything major to the motorcycle and starting a trip if possible. Even though the service wasn't major you were still putting it in the hands of the dealer and who knows what can get wrong at that point. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.
  17. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    What really sucks is that they obviously did not post-service check AT ALL. No test ride, not even around the lot. I'd try to avoid that dealer in the future. No matter what they do, they don't check the work they've done.

Hope you can figure something out for your trip.
  18. greasy rider

greasy rider adventurer

Oddometer:
    The only plus is that their is a store that sells beer within walking distance of my apartment.:freaky

Edit: The store was closed.:baldy
  19. NoobIAm

NoobIAm Far, far from the Garden.

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you're gonna be drinkin' a lot of it if you keep doing business there. :1drink
  20. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you lay a tape measure from the bike's centerline to the outside of each TraX box, are they symmetrical?

I really dislike some of the BMW GS systems where one box clearly sticks out further than the other.