Klipsch S4i earbuds

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by dogjaw, Oct 7, 2012.

1. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Was sick of spending 15-20.00 a pop for earbuds and gambling on sound quality, and these Klipsch buds kept showing up in online reviews:[​IMG]
    I found them on eBay for approx 1/2 of the 99.00 pricey tag at Best Buy, and I have been absolutely blown away by their sound quality and isolation; money well spent.
  2. Nytelyte

Nytelyte Somewhere about

Oddometer:
    I've had the same ones for about a year now, I usually use them at work when I'm working on a problem and need to drown out the coworker babble. They are good, sound nice and are pretty comfortable.

They can't hold a candle to my Grado cans on an amp, but thats not their job. If they broke I'd buy them again, they've done a good job at a fair price for their quality. Good purchase.
  3. runpasthefence

runpasthefence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Initially, I thought their sound/$ value was awesome, but their build quality is absolute shit. My girlfriend and I went through a combined 4 pair in about 9 months (with some time between purchases). To be clear, I'm a heavy user. I wear them at work, gym, and on the bike.

I'd only own them if they were going to stay exclusively paired to a home laptop or something else that doesn't travel. Then again, earbuds don't make much sense for such an application.

A little more money spent on comparable Westone or Shure models has always been a sound :evil investment...for me, at least. YMMV
  4. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    Perfect timing as I was just going to augment my cans for a set of prime earbuds and have seen many for BIG bucks. Having a set of Klipsch La Scallas, I am familiar with their quality and hope these are same. After reading these reports I no longer am thinking about spending 200 on a set of buds. I'll get theses,
  5. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought these to replace my beloved etymotic er6i that went tits up. I was disappointed by the quality and sound. They came off as tinny to me and with little bass response. I tried all the different ear tips with poor results. And there was no way of wearing a helmet with them--or at least not my arai.

I've yet to find a satisfactory replacement.

One of my coworkers LOVES his S4i so YMMV
  6. chacha

chacha CAT Herder

Oddometer:
    I found the most comfortable way to wear these in my Arai are in the wrong ears and upside down.:lol3

Seriously. I bring the cord up behind my ears and then over the top where your glasses would sit. Put the right in the left and left in the right. This allows the bud to tuck into my ear opening completely. Also having the cord go over my ears helps keep me from accidentally pulling them out.
  7. runpasthefence

runpasthefence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's another reason I recommend the Westones and Shures. They're designed to route the cord over your ears. That, plus some tripple flange or comply foam tips make for a very secure fit. There's nothing more infuriating than an earphone falling out with a helmet on.

Run what ya brung, though. I like your solution. I thought the S4i's sounded awesome, I've just found other stuff that sounds as good, are more durable, and are designed to fit more securely in your ears. For more money...of course.
  8. Toysrme

Toysrme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    can't beat a set of in-ear-monitors
    buy some ultimate ears
    /thread
    <3