South korea riders

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Just_P_Dirty, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Just_P_Dirty

Just_P_Dirty Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer:
    I started this thread for folks in South Korea to coordinate rides. If you guys are still out there- post up...
  2. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    Just incase i am not the only one here- i rode 250-300 miles today and found about 200ft of dirt. Can anybody help me out???
  3. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    Where are you located? I'm in Seoul....
  4. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed your post. I live outside of Osan AB. Unfortunately, my bike is toast.I rode another 220 miles the next day and went to change the oil because the motor sounded loud- sure enough metal shavings. I do not have all my tools with me so i took it to a shop. He thinks my rod is toast- engine rebuild. By the end of the week i will know how bad and have to order the parts. So i could be out for atleast a few weeks- waiting on parts. Perfect weather too...what kind of bike do you have- your profile says HD but your avatar is different?
  5. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    still waiting on parts...hopefully they will be on their way from the states next week...anyone else still riding?
  6. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:
    I just arrived to osan this week, unfortunately my bike is not arriving until early dec. it is a VStrom 1000, and I've got it set for the road more so than dirt right now.
    maybe you can answer a few questions for me since we are fellow suzuki riders:
    1. Who do you trust to do work on your bike? Mine is up to date on mx, but with 33k miles on it, it may be a matter of time. Tires and oil changes will be first on the list.
    2. Any good gear shops around? I brought what i think will work here, but you never know... I will need some chain lube.
    3. i know you are looking for dirt, but I'll take any advice you have on good roads in the Osan area. I picked up a big blue road atlas at the BX yesterday, but I'd love to hear reports from someone thats "been there, done that."
    4. I've been in contact with the Road Dragons out of seoul and they have been very helpful. Does Osan have a similar riding club?
    Thanks in advance,
    - Skitch
  7. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    1. Who do you trust to do work on your bike? Mine is up to date on mx, but with 33k miles on it, it may be a matter of time. Tires and oil changes will be first on the list.
    2. Any good gear shops around? I brought what i think will work here, but you never know... I will need some chain lube.
    3. i know you are looking for dirt, but I'll take ahehny advice you have on good roads in the Osan area. I picked up a big blue road atlas at the BX yesterday, but I'd love to hear reports from someone thats "been there, done that."
    4. I've been in contact with the Road Dragons out of seoul and they have been very helpful. Does Osan have a similar riding club?
    Thanks in advance,
    - Skitch[/QUOTE]

I dont have a suzuki anymore but i go to this scooter shop. i have a 50cc scooter and i took it there becuase it died. they rebuilt it and didnt charge too much. they are always busy- they are fast and do good work. My ktm broke down and right now it is in their shop with the motor and tranny complety torn down awaiting parts. So i really trust these guys. I brought chain lube with me. but most fix it garages have it. I am sure the scooter shop does too. As far as gear goes- not much motocross stuff available out here. not sure what kind of gear your looking for but songton has plenty of leather. I ran into some guys that ride big bikes here one morning at the front gate. so they do have some. usually people meet sat or sun not sure which- early in the am- 7-8am. I would have to show you where the scooter mx place is.
  8. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    I ride a Harley Electra Glide -- My avatar is my last dirt bike I owned in the U.S.

I ride with Yongsan Road Dragons and on my own and I'm out riding a lot.

Skitch, I've seen your posts on the Road Dragons website. Osan has several riding clubs. You'll see guys out on their motorcycles, shouldn't be to hard to meet some fellow riders.
  9. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:
    Thanks. So far everyone has been helpful and friendly. Just wish i could get the bike here before it gets too cold. I'm looking forward to exploring.
  10. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    what are some other websites? found some mx people who ride near humphreys. Sometimes enduro guys supposedly show up. i went out there this past sunday in my car- no enduro guys that day. but atleast i found other riders. I got kenda 270 tires on my bike so i wont be doing any real dirt riding- not enough traction but should last me longer on the road. had them before on my drz- not sure how long they will last on this bike with all the torque. so i will be riding alot of roads too i just cant run 90 mph for too long trying to keep up. I have been passed like i wasnt moving in the same lane while i was doing about 80. scared the shit outta me honestly- we werent riding with that person and he just came outta no where. a couple harleys were trailing behind...
  11. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    hello???
  12. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    got my parts in today- should have my bike back next week!!!!
  13. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:
    I'm still more than a month out from getting my bike...:cry
  14. johnny2k

johnny2k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I"ll be watching this thread becase my friend is teaching in Seoul . I keep thinking about how my favorite pillion could be out there riding around some amazing scenery and I want to see it. So please, South Korean residents, post some pictures of your machine in front of scenery I'll probably never get to see.
  15. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    here are a couple to get it started

Attached Files:

16. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    not sure how to do multiple
  17. Flying dutch

Flying dutch Adventures

Oddometer:
    During the weekends i'm based in Busan but during the weeks I'm in Mokpo. AsI have at both places a beamer I look for fellow riders...Anyone interest?
  18. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    Finally!!!!!!!!! rode 25 miles and broke my bike in. It is back at the shop for an oil change and it should be good for 100 miles. man what a great ride...
  19. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    i Plan on riding Saturday. I found this BMW enduro course i would like to find. I got it marked on my I-pod so should be pretty easy find. anyone riding?
  20. Just_P_Dirty

Oddometer:
    i managed to find the BMW course after all. I logged 150 miles- 149.5 were on the road...

Attached Files: