Why some Posts get Moved.

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by car94, Apr 18, 2013.

1. car94

car94 What's this Box for?

Oddometer:
    Sometimes I am curious what I did wrong to get a thread or response/reply moved to H/E or elsewhere.
    For example I posted one in Gear >Flea market >Other. >LTB Cell Phone, This morning telling the guy to go to Walmart to buy a prepaid Phone. But it got kicked down to The Basement>Head explody >Stuff you shouldn't post in someone else's FM Ad.
    And what does FM stand for?
    I would have PMed the Mod but I do not know how to find this out either.:1drink
  2. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    Each forum's mods are listed at the bottom of the page. Look at the bottom of this page: http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52. This page lists all the forums/mods on one page: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showgroups.php

I'm not a mod but my assumption has always been that the purpose of the FM (Flea Market) is for inmates to sell (buy) items to (from) other inmates. It's not a discussion forum. If I was seeking discussion about what/where to buy, I'd instead post in the Equipment/Garage forums.

If you don't want what the poster is selling (or don't have what they are wanting) but have some tangential suggestion then why not send it to them via Private Message?
  3. car94

Oddometer:
    There were 3 mods listed could not tell who booted my response.
    But I just saw were another response got booted from the same thread with the same basic answer.
    I don't get it, the poster asked were to get a phone and people are responding and getting kicked out!
  4. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    No idea what you are trying to say above.

PM the mods (for the forum in question), I gave you a link previous post. I'm sure they'll give you an answer.

I know that moderating the FM is a pretty thankless and time consuming task. If you're expecting to receive a personal PM every time they remove a post ........
  5. car94

Oddometer:
    There WERE THREE MODERATORS. I am not PM'ing each to see who booted the response! Booted = Removed.
    The OP posted a LOOKING TO BUY add for a short term cell phone.
    Inmates Responded with places to buy Cheap short term Phones.
    Moderators keep removing the response's.:deal
    Maybe Mod works for US Cellular, and no one is going to suggest them!
  6. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    Hint. Use proper grammar.

Yes, looking to buy from an inmate. "WTB phone" means I want to buy a phone from an inmate here.

First line of the Flea Market rules says "The FM is for inmate to inmate sales only"

And so they got booted to the "Stuff you shouldn't post in someone else's FM Ad". What are you failing to grasp?

Right, everything after all always boils down to a conspiracy of some sort LOL.
  7. crazybrit

Oddometer:
  8. car94

Oddometer:
    Hint. < is not proper Grammar.
    Did not know the FM had a rule banning directing someone to a commercial enterprise.

Everything involving more than one person is a conspiracy, What are you failing to grasp!
    :1drink
  9. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer:
    Your post got moved because the ADV Flea Market is for MEMBER to MEMBER sales. We are not a referral service for Wal Mart or any retailer. If you don't own it, you can't sell it here.

We assume that people here know that Amazon, Wal Mart, and Harbor Freight exist, and that they could certainly shop there, but prefer to preserve the business for those who participate here.
  10. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Adding to what Retro said as part of the official rules....

When you post a suggestion, it bumps the ad to the top, pushing other ads down. Your thoughtful suggestion will get to the OP by sending a personal message, which in your situation, is the best thing to do.

I buy and sell on the FM and it bums me out when people that are unrelated to the sale, try to turn it into a discussion or suggestion forum. If it is that important, send a PM.