Clear Creek and Pinnacles Two Day DS KTM 990 and BMW 1200GS

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by chrish4ku, Dec 31, 2013.

1. staudio

staudio Time to take a ride.....

Oddometer:
    20 Minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge, CA
    In my youth, I spent many a weekend camping/riding at clear creek. It's closed but you can still ride through the area? I'm a bit confused about its status. I thought you weren't allowed to ride any part of clear creek. Or is it you're allowed to ride there unless you get caught? :huh

Would like to take a ride through the area to relive my youth ! :D
  2. Monterey_BS

Monterey_BS On or Off - not sure Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is still a temporary closure of most of the Clear Creek area due to the presence of asbestos. Evidently, when it's dry and dusty there is a lot of it in the air. I think it's been that way, since 2008. I haven't been through there for quite some time and never in the dry.
    Gloria Rd is also a nice little unpaved track through the ranch land just North of the Pinnacles off between 25 and 101 at Gonzales.
  3. stickfigure

stickfigure Fiendish Fluoridator

Oddometer:
    It's not dirt but the Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd is easily accessible from King City; just head down Jolon Rd for 10 miles or so and then go west on N-F. It will take you to the coast.

Alternatively, near the peak of N-F there is a dirt road that splits south (South Coast Ridge Road) that will take you to the intersection of Los Burros Rd which will take you out to the coast just north of Gorda.

A previous advrider thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499520
  4. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    LOL I thought you would post that picture !

Bartek.... This was in like 2008