creel/batopilas hotel report?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by colomtnbiker, Jan 9, 2007.

1. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Our friend we are meeting next week, booked rooms at the Panador de la Montana in Creel and La Hacienda Rio in Batopilas. Do you have reports on how they are?
  2. CMWoody

CMWoody Banned

Oddometer:
    They will lock you out of the Montana if you stay out past 11 and the TV doesn't work... though I have a spare key.

The Hacienda Rio? that the nice place in Batopillas before you cross the river into town? Thinking thats the A1 nicest place there BUT its out of town and a little isolated.
  3. redone

redone That Guy

Oddometer:
    In Batapelas dont stay at hoyel marry it sux, but if you come in to town go all the way around the sqare just as you come back to the central sqare on the river side right acrosst from the bar/ resterante. shit i cant remeber the name. but its great ride bike tru hall of ther home into courtyard and park right next to room. nice patio overloking river lots to wach. Hey LoneRider, RedRyder was that Wanetas?
  4. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Juanita's
    No sign, just ask once you reach the zocalo/square.
    Going to Batopilas and not staying 'in town' makes no sense to me. It's different, weird and cool.
  5. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    Martin at Casa Real De Menas has always treated us right. Great guy and great place. Probably around 40 bucks.
    For good eats, Velias is the best I've found, far right corner as you walk through the upper/smaller square. Yellow fence and gate. You eat what she makes for her family and its always really good. I requested the Chili Colorado for the next night and she made it for us!!! No beer. But it can be had elswhere. They are pretty sensitive to drug and alcohol influences on the kids down there so keep that in mind. Public intoxication is bad form for us gringos.
  6. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    +1. Best place in town IMHO. Last trip had 4 guys and we all stayed there. Very nice, clean, and not too expensive (recall $50/night for a room or 2 folks).

No reason to stay outside of town as all the action is downtown around the square.

t.