I saw you....airhead

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by hardwaregrrl, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Cordless

Cordless Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer:
    As this thread grows I envision hundreds of airheads being dragged out of garage piles so the riders can travel about then check this thread for official notice.

I see airheads regularly if not weekly in Albuquerque when I ride.

At least one g/s courier bike from New York City resides in my shop.
  2. More_Miles

More_Miles über-n00b

Oddometer:
    I've seen exactly two airheads this summer, other than mine. One was in Maine and one was in New Hampshire. Actually, I lied. I saw a number of nice ones at Max's in NH when a buddy had to stop and get his hex head serviced!:rofl. I don't count them, looked like they had been there for a while.

The scarcety of regular service airheads out east, and especially in the Maritimes would explain the interest I seem to generate when stopped. On the part of other BMW riders it's equal parts disbelief, amazement or distain. :wink:
  3. gfx

gfx gfx

Oddometer:
    The San Francisco Bay Area has a ton of airheads around. I've been taking a break from working and going on long bicycle rides around San Francisco and usually see a few airheads per day. Within 2 hours you've also got Ted Porter's, San Jose BMW, and BoxerMetal our there in Chico.

I've been meaning to start a blog with all the BMW's I see around here. Today I saw an 81 R100CS with an "S" fairing. Was lovely and didn't take a picture.

I did however take a picture of this one-of-a-kind sidecar rig that was parked down the street from me. Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    thread is totally waste of time without confirmation pics. Bit like spotting beehives while out driving by yaself

thank you to the last poster
  5. atlthrux

atlthrux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, this is a really useless post, but I don't see that many airheads near my house. Today (12/23/12) around 12:30, leaving the QT at Briarcliff Rd/Clifton, heading south on N. Highland. Couldn't get a good look -- Green bonneville, r90s maybe, some other airhead, and an oilhead gs bringing up the rear. I was the tundra swerving in front of you trying to get a pic.
  6. dm635

dm635 I Roll

Oddometer:
    The only beemers I see round here belong to the guy I bought mine from. He still has 2, a '75 R90/6 & an '85 K100RT. Says he's been riding air heads since '85 & been through a slew of them. He found mine in '93 sittng long term in a barn of someone he knows. Since he doesn't turn his own wrench he spent $800 (incl. tires) putting it back on the road. Don't know what all was done, but he got ripped off. Guy primarily only works on Jap bikes. And the mech. nick named mine the dog food bike. When I asked why all he told me was that once he got it started it threw out a lot of dog food pellets across the shop. According to the title mine only had 9K on it in '93 P.O. indicates he hasn't put but 2-3K on it since then. But now the odo is scrambled so I don't know. But I do know the P.O. and have no reason to not believe him. Rarely saw him ride my R80 and rides his other 2 on a frequent basis, both fairing bikes. Doesn't like neked. Tried to give it to his son and when he told me the story, Told him I'd take it since his son turned it down. Good day for me!!!
  7. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wonder if that was Blaine hale and his brother and friends?
  8. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nopes. The ol' r90 is still an asshole.
    *sigh
  9. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Hey! That's the STs nickname!!!:freaky Sorry.....:cry
  10. backdrifter

backdrifter Wannabe rider

Oddometer:
    I saw this thread before, but considering I can count on one hand how many times I've seen an airhead on the roads around here, it wasn't of much use to me.

However, today I saw a blue toaster tank in Soulard/St. Louis. I was in McGurk's and you drove by on 12th Street. I was extra excited because my own toaster is getting close.

If you're out there, shoot me a PM!
  11. Houseoffubar

Houseoffubar HoFmetalworks.com

Oddometer:
    I did not see you.....it's cold, dark, and lonely out here in the Northwet! :cry

The days are getting longer, I sure am looking forward to some long warm days, to spy some Airheads :freaky
  12. crazydrummerdude

crazydrummerdude Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer:
    Yeah, a whopping ONE time I saw another airhead in the STL area.. a black R75/6 like mine just a couple blocks from my house in St Charles in fact. No idea who it was. From 2004 until a couple months ago when I moved, I was riding all over STL.
  13. apt13

apt13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saw you parking a very nice red airhead at the intramural fields on the uga campus. I had a carload of dogs.
  14. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    You r80g/spd
    Me r100gs
    Cars and coffee Irvine ca
  15. backdrifter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, not many airheads in the St. Louis area. Sorry to hear that you moved! My bike is finally getting close and I still planned to contact you for a ride this Spring!
  16. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    3.20 today. I was at HD1 you were heading north on highland ave in a 3/4 helmet and red and black jacket. All I saw we're the jugs with peanut covers and your beard
  17. Anion Gap

Anion Gap Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Couple of days ago. I was parked in front of Starbucks on Peachtree. You were riding on Peachtree toward town with a passenger. They weren't kidding when they said there were a lot of airheads about in ATL.
  18. garyinalt

garyinalt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Five airheads in Canton, GA on Sunday at Williamson Bros. BBQ.
  19. backdrifter

Oddometer:
    My wife's cousin lives in ATL. I need to visit more. I've seen one airhead in more years than I can count here in STL. Damn.
  20. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're over flowing with Airheads here. I have one you can ride while you're down here...and another one for myself. Fred has like 20 of them.