It's Time To Move On - A BugsOnMyFace Global Sidecar Adventure

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by mightymatt43, Nov 6, 2011.

1. sandsman

sandsman Shut up and ride!!!!

Oddometer:
    Matt, we just got back, and we never ventured any further than the river in New Braunfels. My sis and her husband were in SA Sunday, and he had to be rushed to the hospital with a possible heart attack. Stress test for him today, they are from the valley. Good to hear that you are enjoying your time back in Texas. Have waited for every installment of you and your wife's adventure. That is what "living" is all about, just not going through the motions, but enjoying the beauty around you. Carry on.....
  2. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    I had meant that you'd replace your spare pair -- it's smart to have them. It wasn't a bad idea to salvage the pads - you were doing the most with the resources at hand.

Oh, and I am the crown prince of bad ideas. Just call me SeƱor Provocateur. :lobby
  3. pfdavidz

pfdavidz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes yes yes i cant wait!
  4. WhicheverAnyWayCan

WhicheverAnyWayCan Deaf Biker

Oddometer:

Just caught up with your report. I was out for most part of April doing some Fly N Ride.. bought a KLR650 from guy in Wisconsin last Feb without checking it out.. then Flew out to Milwaukee on April 11 to pick it up and rode it out to New Philadelphia OH and apparently worked it out with my old girlfriend so we are dating for now before we can consider being in a relationship.. then did a epic backroad by way of 250 thru OH, WV, VA then got home ok. Nothing exciting, really..

By now I am sure you are getting a chance to research about the ferry. There is a RR going on and this guy, PorLaTierra shared info on the ferry between Panama and Colombia.. apparently they will officially sail for first time early June and that the ferry is actually unorganized. I just caught up with his RR before I did your so thought I would give you a head-up. If you feel like touring the town while waiting for Ferry then it might be worth your time but if not.. guess ship your bike or something?? PorLaTierra's RR here. (I skipped to Page 11 so you can read about his report on the Panama-Colombia Ferry)

I think the chance of ferry lasting until you finish your epic S.America trip is highly likely, though!
  5. TomTom63

TomTom63 Motorradfahrer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report and fantastic pictures :clap I followed y'all on your Texas - Inuvik trip a couple of years ago. I had been off ADV Rider for a while. This was certainly a great re-introduction. I do miss the open road ...:waysad
  6. mightymatt43

mightymatt43 URALiNEED

Oddometer:
    Very short update:

Kris and I are away from Texas with her parents on "vacation" from our travels. Sounds a bit odd but it's for a good reason. Today is the year anniversary of Ryan's death and we wanted to spend it together while creating new memories. If you guys have a chance, give us a quick prayer as we remember the brother and son that was lost last May 17.
  7. 09Prodigy

09Prodigy Instigator

Oddometer:
    Done and Done
  8. Alaskahack

Alaskahack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My thoughts and prayer are with you
  9. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just chimed back in on your report after not following for a couple of weeks. Good to see you are both safe and well. And certainly hope you both get back at it soon. As a Wrencher I do have a quick question. How hard would it be to disconnect the sidecar? Could the mechanics have not done that to make it easier to work on the bike? And, would that not have exposed the oil leak a lot sooner? I guess not something you could have accomplished on the road at one of your more comfortable stops? I'm thinkin some big assed tools were probably needed that you were not carrying, yes?
    I am so looking forward to following your journey up thru the rest of these amazing lands. Ride on, folks!:D
  11. Horton

Horton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last but least. . . I raised my cup for him.

And all our loved ones! I use to light up a candle in a church I visit, but in the last years they are so many. . .
  12. Delilama

Delilama weestrommer

Oddometer:
    Not into the god thing,but for yous guy's,will say one,and raise a glass or two of Single Malt:freaky:freaky
    Now get back on the road!
    Just kidding,have fun,take your time,look around,remember these day's.
    Peace out:clap:clap
  13. Stkmkt1

Stkmkt1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enjoy your time with your family Matt and Kris. We will be sitting here on the edge of our seats waiting for more adventure reports from you both once your back on the road.
  14. whatsgnu

whatsgnu Scheissekopf

Oddometer:
    A prayer is offered. From my own experience of losing a daughter 24 years ago, time helps heal. Scars will remain, but with time comes peace and understanding.
  15. Gage

Gage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely amazing ride report guys! Love the attitude and the pictures.... You are inspirational! Hopefully someday i can ride somewhere like you guys!

But i have to get some more details on this, if you know any. IT is amazing. I'm fascinated by alternative living structures. And this thing looks brilliant!
    [​IMG]
  16. 09Prodigy

09Prodigy Instigator

Oddometer:
  17. Gage

Gage Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Yeah i knew it was a geodesic dome. I just wondered what model or who makes that tent? I should've been more clear. Would be cool to look into em. Build it up on a piece of my land and hang out for awhile :evil
  18. ooweel

ooweel Throwing wrenches one at a time

Oddometer:
    Man we screwed up:eek1

We could have taken turns flying in and out keeping the bike busy,
    whilst the two young ones play wedding games:freaky

:D
  19. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    THATS a tent? Bigger then my apt...
  20. Horton

Horton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jep, in the meantime I was to a job in a Atompowerstation in Switzerland. Travel by bike. Going back across Alsace and the Vosges mountains. Great trip. But waiting for the young couple. . . . . . .