KTM Enduro 690 R - Which exhaust?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by PumpinIron, Jun 30, 2014.

1. nwvic

nwvic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You'll like the sound and the weight savings, it's noticeable. Too bad I don't have an extra $13k laying around for the sweet Aprilia (and I'm in the Portland area!). You should just keep it and take it to PIR where it belongs.
  2. PumpinIron

PumpinIron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hear ya! I want to keep it but it's just too much for a street bike. It belongs on a track and when you ride it that becomes very, very apparent. The KTM on the other hand can go a little bit of everywhere.
  3. ccaarmerciill

ccaarmerciill Talk Story

Oddometer:
    Good choice, I love my Wings. $430 shipped (To Hawaii even)... Gorazd was great to work with. Awesome communication, and got a bunch of stickers and a T-shirt. Best part? The exhaust is considerably lighter than the stocker, sounds 10x better, and I don't have a huge space heater under my plastics anymore...

[​IMG]
  4. PumpinIron

PumpinIron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It looks so much like the Akrapovic exhaust it's crazy (that's a good thing)!

Haven't heard back from him yet but I suspect the time zone difference is probably culprit for that =P

Any chance you weighed the stock exhaust versus the Wings? I'd be interested to know how much weight savings there actually is.
  5. GRINCHY

GRINCHY Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also have the wings on my 14 runs perfect sounds great. My only problem with it is my melted signal light.
  6. commander51

commander51 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im interested in getting one of these pipes, can anyone tell me who this Gorazd character is or send me his info so I can get a hold of him. Thanks.
  7. PumpinIron

PumpinIron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Contact him through his website here...

http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html
  8. commander51

commander51 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was fast, Thanks!
  9. PumpinIron

PumpinIron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No problem, happy to help!
  10. RussL

RussL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gorazd has has been very responsive to my email inquiries. I ordered my Wings pipe yesterday for my '14 690e...$430 shipped to AZ via UPS. It should ship next week. Can't wait! :D
  11. jrschrum

jrschrum Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got my UPS notice that it arrives tomorrow afternoon. Considering I only ordered it the first of the week, the service was very surprising!! I expected at least a couple weeks, and would have been happy with anything less than 3 weeks.

Emails from Gorazd were clear, precise and quickly returned. Wonderful to do business with the company.

Now to finally get my hands on the product tomorrow, and remove the blow torch from the 690.
  12. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Hey wings guys: remap, yes or no? Results? I think my 14 runs great right off the floor, smooth as buttah. Don't want to screw that up.
  13. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    So smooth as butter for the 3 miles you've ridden it? :lol3 Leave it be for now if it's running well enough for ya. If you want to remap I've got TuneECU stuff to do it assuming there are maps available for the '14's. I think for now there aren't but probably should show up in a couple months.
  14. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Up to 10 now. Weekend project is to put on some miles, but I'll be riding dirty. Don't tell The Man.

I plan to leave the stock muffler on unless it's really horrible.
  15. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Ahh another one of those "secret rides":lol3 Oh, it's horrible all right, it'll burn the shit out of you and your gear.
  16. gen

gen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another happy Wings owner here, for my 2010. Great quality, good price, oem header.
  17. RussL

RussL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took my '14 with new Wings exhaust out for a 200 mile ride this past Sunday and it ran great! The only problem is I melted my left turn signal within the first 50 miles. I suppose it's time for a Tail Tidy and LED signals. :D
  18. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know the Wings exhaust is very popular on here, and I'm sure it's a great exhaust. That said I thought I'd share that I just installed a new FMF Q4. I have to say that fit and finish is superb, and it sounds and looks great! I've always been a fan of FMF. I've had their exhausts on 4 different bikes now. Durable, and re-packing them is super easy. Bonus: comes with a removable USFS approved spark arrestor, and doesn't seem to be melting my turn signal (yet).
  19. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    I also am running the full stainless FMF system and am very happy with it. The power bomb header is a huge bonus. I am running the Euro closed course map, and this bike rocks! I have just over 8k on my 2010 "r"

We just bombed it up to Colorado a week ago and did over a thousand miles in 4 days and kept up with the LC8's, kinda...

Renazco seats and Rally Raid tanks are your best friends!:evil
  20. blk-betty

blk-betty bam-a-lam Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought that was one of the reasons for going with an aftermarket exhaust?