ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #28066
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,451
There are no southern tags on the map, just GS tags. Not sure if they should be added to the GSTOR map or put into their own map. If put on the main map, maybe use a different marker for them if that can be done (don't think so with the way I constructed it, but I'll give it a try).

And the filter can only be applied on fields that contain info in the record. So they can't be sorted by tagger.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #28067
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
There are no southern tags on the map, just GS tags.....
Well, then it isn't going to help in avoiding re-tags, since Sallydog's retag rule pertains to all the tags in NJ, not just the GS TOR game. So, I guess we still will have to refer to the spreadsheet, God willing that PC will continue updating it.

In the meantime, Sallydog's Tag number 27 from 10/10/2008, which is presently hovering off of Sandyhook on the map, can be moved down near Batso. I believe these are the GPS coordinates, pending Sallydog's confirmation:
39 39' 14.21" 74 38' 07.25"

And Charles, I will find something else to tease you about after you again place tags below 195! If you weren't so good at tagging, I wouldn't tease you!

docgonzo screwed with this post 01-22-2015 at 03:18 PM
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #28068
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,375
Great job.

When I started making a map for the NY Metro Dirt Tag-O-Rama a while ago I used Google's Maps Engine Lite, which does let you put arbitrary markers on the map, but that's probably one of those Google things they discontinued, it's been a while since I looked at it.
jimmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #28069
pashlit
Live free or die...

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post

Now that the fellows in the South have run out of energy for playing their rogue game, we can start fillling in the bottom half of the state better!
Well... Its not that bad in the South... once you got used to it...if you can get used to it.... But there are tons of places down there which need some tagging attention....
Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #28070
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashlit View Post
Well... Its not that bad in the South... once you got used to it...if you can get used to it.... But there are tons of places down there which need some tagging attention....
Well, the South tag has sat for three weeks now. There have been plenty of decent days to ride. Here's a clue shot for the tag:

And, has Walter's map scared everyone away from the GS TOR? Today was a beautiful day to ride!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:53 PM   #28071
pashlit
Live free or die...

Quote:
Well, the South tag has sat for three weeks now. There have been plenty of decent days to ride. Here's a clue shot for the tag:

And, has Walter's map scared everyone away from the GS TOR? Today was a beautiful day to ride!
I know where the tag is. Just too busy with work and dont have a flexy retiree's schedule like most of the hard core taggers here
Old 01-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #28072
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Just too busy with work and dont have a flexy retiree's schedule like most of the hard core taggers here
Some of us still have a full time job (granted, with total control of our schedule!), a wife, teenage children (took the 15 year old skiing this morning), and 4 grandchildren, so don't tell me about busy.

Tagging is an excuse to get out from under the rat-race of day to day responsibilities. To get away from phone calls, text messages, etc. Most tags are within an hour of most of us. There are the hours before work, the hours after work, and weekends. Just get up earlier.

Don't make excuses for just being lazy or uninterested! And if you are uninterested, why do you still follow the thread?
Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #28073
pashlit
Live free or die...

Quote:

Don't make excuses for just being lazy or uninterested! And if you are uninterested, why do you still follow the thread?
Cause I just can't live without your inspiring tweets, Mr. Doc.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:53 PM   #28074
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Cause I just can't live without your inspiring tweets, Mr. Doc.
This thread has been entertaining for many over 6 years. How about a sense of humor? No need to get pissy! Fire up that bike of yours and move the tag. Before it starts snowing!